ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech keeps reloading

This team will be much younger than Beard’s successful teams, no? With no superstar freshmen.

Better than Kansas. Beard is a much better coach than Self.

He’s very good. He could prove to be a bit better. Now “Roll the ball out” Cal? Yeah, he’d coach circles around that guy.

This team will be much younger than Beard’s successful teams, no? With no superstar freshmen.
Are you saying Tech won’t have any superstar freshman this upcoming season? Because these are the new players that will be joining the team:

5* G Jahmius Ramsey
4* G Kevin McCullar (RS this season)
3* G Clarence Nadolny
4* F Terrence Shannon
4* F Tyreek Smith
3* F Andrei Savrasov (RS this season)
3* C Russell Tchewa (7 footer)

But as far as the age of the roster... slightly younger but nothing crazy. Still have key upperclassmen that will lead the way.

18/19 roster
Sr - 4
Jr - 0
So - 4
Fr - 5

19/20 roster
Sr - 2
Jr - 2
So - 1
Fr - 7
*Last spot tbd. Another grad transfer or Fr to be added.

Are you saying Tech won’t have any superstar freshman this upcoming season? Because these are the new players that will be joining the team:

5* G Jahmius Ramsey
3* G Clarence Nadolny
4* F Terrence Shannon
4* F Tyreek Smith

But as far as the age of the roster... slightly younger but nothing crazy. Still have key upperclassmen that will lead the way.

18/19 roster
Sr - 4
Jr - 0
So - 4
Fr - 5

19/20 roster
Sr - 2
Jr - 2
So - 1
Fr - 7

Ramsey?

Donovan Williams is a much better combo guard.
I think Chris Beard would even admit that if Ramsey wouldn't find out.
Tech offered Williams and Ramsey
Texas only offered Williams
Only player Beard has won over Texas has been Culver. This is at a "basketball school"

Even then...
Tech should be a decent team. I think Chris Beard can prove himself to be able to win without Jarrett Culver.

Last edited:

5* G Jahmius Ramsey
3* G Clarence Nadolny
4* F Terrence Shannon
4* F Tyreek Smith

18/19 roster
Sr - 4
Jr - 0
So - 4
Fr - 5

19/20 roster
Sr - 2
Jr - 2
So - 1
Fr - 7
There's some crazy roster imbalance coming down the road if there aren't some defections/redshirts along the way.

Reactions: DallasJayhawk
Ramsey?

Donovan Williams is a much better combo guard.
I think Chris Beard would even admit that if Ramsey wouldn't find out.
Tech offered Williams and Ramsey
Texas only offered Williams
Only player Beard has won over Texas has been Culver. This is at a "basketball school"

Even then...
Tech should be a decent team. I think Chris Beard can prove himself to be able to win without Jarrett Culver.
Never heard of Donovan Williams. I looked him up and it looks like Ramsey makes a clean sweep coming in higher ranked on rivals, 247 and ESPN.

Do you think he transfers after 1-2 years of finishing near the bottom of the Big 12 and losing to Ramsey and Tech twice a year? Would probably be a solid get for SFA when that happens.

If they end up with RJ Hampton...

That would be different. So far they haven't gotten any elite players.
They are not in the running for Greg Brown.
He is probably going to narrow it down to Texas, Memphis, UNC and Auburn in July

They won’t get Hampton, unless there’s a major last-minute shift. He’ll either be at KU or overseas.

With our luck lately, I fully expect him to announce he’s going to Australia.

He’s very good. He could prove to be a bit better. Now “Roll the ball out” Cal? Yeah, he’d coach circles around that guy.
First, RENT FREE!!!! Second, you mean HOF Cal. Also, Hampton is likely waiting to see who stays in the draft to make the decision

They won’t get Hampton, unless there’s a major last-minute shift. He’ll either be at KU or overseas.

With our luck lately, I fully expect him to announce he’s going to Australia.
He will be at Kansas. The deal has already been struck.

First, RENT FREE!!!! Second, you mean HOF Cal. Also, Hampton is likely waiting to see who stays in the draft to make the decision

A lot of fake smoke swirls in these recruitments. Memphis was realistically out when they picked up Ellis. Ellis decommitted from Duke because he wants to be the starting point, and he committed to Penny to be his starting point. It wouldn’t go over well if he brought in Hampton.

I’m much more worried that he’s going to take a million bucks to play overseas.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Btw, “rent free” would be waaaay more appropriate for your little sidekick, kl.

A lot of fake smoke swirls in these recruitments. Memphis was realistically out when they picked up Ellis. Ellis decommitted from Duke because he wants to be the starting point, and he committed to Penny to be his starting point. It wouldn’t go over well if he brought in Hampton.

I’m much more worried that he’s going to take a million bucks to play overseas.

I thought Hampton’s dad said he likes the idea of Ellis and Hampton playing together

Never heard of Donovan Williams. I looked him up and it looks like Ramsey makes a clean sweep coming in higher ranked on rivals, 247 and ESPN.

Do you think he transfers after 1-2 years of finishing near the bottom of the Big 12 and losing to Ramsey and Tech twice a year? Would probably be a solid get for SFA when that happens.

But I thought recruiting rankings don't matter.
Williams is a better player. Reason why all Texas schools offered.
Ramsey not so much.

I thought Hampton’s dad said he likes the idea of Ellis and Hampton playing together

I don’t think he’s said that, but who knows. Regardless, somebody would be unhappy if he went there.

Evan Daniels stated that Memphis was no longer in it after Ellis committed, and he’s almost never wrong.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don’t think he’s said that, but who knows. Regardless, somebody would be unhappy if he went there.

Evan Daniels stated that Memphis was no longer in it after Ellis committed, and he’s almost never wrong.

When changing his mind so often, it's no wonder he's rarely wrong. Eyeroll:D

Buford came in here just to let everybody know Texas got a guard instead of Texas Tech? Wow exciting to see how far we've come that a Texas fan wants people to know they won a recruiting battle.

We will see this all play out the next few years.
Baylor was able to win recruiting battles against Texas
Like I said Tech won Culver. Texas pinpointed Jarrett Culver has an elite level player even though these recruiting rankings didn't.

For Chris Beard to stay elite he needs to consistently recruit at a Kansas and Texas level.

We will see this all play out the next few years.
Baylor was able to win recruiting battles against Texas
Like I said Tech won Culver. Texas pinpointed Jarrett Culver has an elite level player even though these recruiting rankings didn't.

For Chris Beard to stay elite he needs to consistently recruit at a Kansas and Texas level.

Culver is a good example of how worthless recruiting rankings are after the surefire stars. It’s a crapshoot.

Tech fans should know this well. Mahomes was barely top 400 and he was amazing even in HS.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life

5* G Jahmius Ramsey
3* G Clarence Nadolny
4* F Terrence Shannon
4* F Tyreek Smith

18/19 roster
Sr - 4
Jr - 0
So - 4
Fr - 5

19/20 roster
Sr - 2
Jr - 2
So - 1
Fr - 7

Glad you guys are having success. I hope you continue to keep KU from what seems to be the most important thing to them....winning the Big 12.
However.... don't let the expectations get outta hand until you're seeing some consistency....not just on getting to the title game last season. The "Agroids" (the other TX school you guys seem to hate most) ...had a good run for a few years and started acting like they invented basketball.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Glad you guys are having success. I hope you continue to keep KU from what seems to be the most important thing to them....winning the Big 12.
However.... don't let the expectations get outta hand until you're seeing some consistency....not just on getting to the title game last season. The "Agroids" (the other TX school you guys seem to hate most) ...had a good run for a few years and started acting like they invented basketball.

Do you think Duke will continue to keep Cal from what is most important to him (winning the draft)?

ADVERTISEMENT