ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech at 2019 Jimmy V Classic

taking part in 2 different OOC tournies should keep TT busy. TT plays in the Las Vegas Tourney along with Creighton Iowa and San Diego State,
Iowa and Creighton play each other in the 1st round. while TT plays SDSU in the other 1st round matchup.

taking part in 2 different OOC tournies should keep TT busy. TT plays in the Las Vegas Tourney along with Creighton Iowa and San Diego State,
Iowa and Creighton play each other in the 1st round. while TT plays SDSU in the other 1st round matchup.

Apparently its not like a tournament like the Las Vegas Invitational. The games are not bracketed. So its just two games. Last season it was ND vs OU and WVU vs Florida.

Excited about the Las Vegas Invitational as well. Bunch of Tech fans are happy for the excuse to go to Vegas.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
I’ve still never been. Something always conflicts when I’m hoping to go. Been to Barclays but MSG is just a bucket list deal

Don’t get me wrong, the atmosphere in the building is typically severely lacking in comparison to a game on campus especially in the preseason events. I would recommend traveling to it only if the ACC Tournament comes to NYC (this has happened or will be happening soon right?). The whole experience of walking through the heart of Manhattan with your school’s fans everywhere pouring in and out of the bars is very unique. It feels like your school is being showcased to the world as you are walking through pockets of tourists from all over, basketball fans, business people, etc. WVU winning the Big East title in NYC my senior year was epic.

True. But said programs will need to slip even more cash into the pockets of the zebras and basketball gods for another one. :D

Seems smarter than slipping it into the pockets of players, don't ya think?

Reactions: JBGOAT
I doubt we will see a Louisville vs Texas Tech matchup because they want to split the market between both games and get a solid total viewership. I’d love to be wrong though.

Says the UVA guy who had no business getting past auburn let alone tech

But we did. Hate on it all you want but this run made up for all the bad luck that Bennett had in previous years in the tourney.

- Auburn’s player barely touching Guy at the end.
- the double dribble heard round the world and off the wrong players foot. What a joke!

Should have ended there. Tech beats a very good auburn for a few reasons and it’s all she wrote.

This was Tech’s title. Not UVA’s. I won’t change my view.

Typical damn ACC/coastal team bias in basketball is a cancer and I’m more than sick of it.

Luckily my alma mater has owned Duke and UNC of late. As well as Kentucky.

3 of last 4 over Duke (and Kentucky)
3 in a row over UNC

Reactions: teezer2
- the double dribble heard round the world and off the wrong players foot. What a joke!

Should have ended there. Tech beats a very good auburn for a few reasons and it’s all she wrote.

Typical damn ACC/coastal team bias in basketball is a cancer and I’m more than sick of it.

3 in a row over UNC

Man the Big 12 needs a championship bad LOL

If it wasn't for Kansas's lucky championship in 2008 vs. Memphis, they'd be looking at 1988 as their last champion LMAO

Reactions: JBGOAT

3 in a row over UNC

Man the Big 12 needs a championship bad LOL

If it wasn't for Kansas's lucky championship in 2008 vs. Memphis, they'd be looking at 1988 as their last champion LMAO

Such deep deep irony from the UVA guy.

We’d have another one if it wasn’t for your multiple bailouts by paid coastal refs.

We’d have another one if it wasn’t for your multiple bailouts by paid coastal refs.

Did UVA beat Kansas in the championship this year? Don't think I've ever seen a fan so salty about a team winning a championship that wasn't against his own team.

Don't think I've ever seen a fan be so salty about a team winning a championship that wasn't against his own team.

Do I have conference pride? 100%

Also....I just don’t like the ACC or the SEC. Plain and simple. And bc it’s crystal clear the pull they have with the media and admins compared to the flyover land

Do I have conference pride? 100%

Also....I just don’t like the ACC or the SEC. Plain and simple. And bc it’s crystal clear the pull they have with the media and admins compared to the flyover land

You can have conference pride all you want. You can hate the ACC or the SEC all you want. Seems to me you're just trying to discredit a championship of a team that went 35-3 all year. You do you.

I doubt we will see a Louisville vs Texas Tech matchup because they want to split the market between both games and get a solid total viewership. I’d love to be wrong though.

Texas only cares about football and oil.

Traditionally yes. It’s football first, then their baseball then b-ball. Texas is the winningiest baseball program of all time. Tech, Baylor, A&M and TCU all have had great baseball programs. Tech is #10 right now.

As for b-ball tho....Tell that to the good people of Lubbock right now. That place is on fire with their b-ball program right now with Beard.

Well I was wrong. Louisville vs Texas Tech in the Jimmy V Classic. Hopefully Enoch and Nwora return or we replace Nwora with a good GT.

Will likely be a top 10 matchup if so

We have a diversity of interests sir. Football is just like religion here but we care about other sports as well like basketball and baseball. Baseball is in the conversation for the Big 12 title. Men's team won the Big 12 Track title a few days ago. Hopefully our new Football Coach gets it turned around. Tech is also good at other things like Meat Judging and Chess.

There is oil in West Texas all the money goes to Texas and A&M. We were only established in 1925 and received no oil money. That said the area around Texas Tech is the largest contiguous cotton-growing region in the world so you could have gone for that joke.

I was wrong. IU vs UCONN. Louisville vs Texas Tech

Would have been interesting with the Bob Knight connection. I wonder though if that would have been awkward. Would have been a fun game.

Well I was wrong. Louisville vs Texas Tech in the Jimmy V Classic. Hopefully Enoch and Nwora return or we replace Nwora with a good GT.

Will likely be a top 10 matchup if so

Well this is great. Always liked Louisville for some reason. Maybe its the red jerseys. Hopefully one day we can win a title or three and get up to Louisville status.

Reactions: UL_1986

Texas Tech has won the Big 12 regular season in basketball and baseball. Mens team won the indoor and outdoor track titles. Cheerleaders and Pom squad won national championships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT