ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech announces Chris Beard extension

TechFan88

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2004

Texas Tech has officially announced the contract extension. Beard's deal runs through the 2024-25 season and averages $4.575 million annually.

Chris Beard's $4.575 million annual salary is the third-highest salary in college basketball, behind only John Calipari and Mike Krzyzewski, according to USA Today's 2019 coaching salary database.

Texas Tech has officially announced the contract extension. Beard's deal runs through the 2024-25 season and averages $4.575 million annually.

Chris Beard's $4.575 million annual salary is the third-highest salary in college basketball, behind only John Calipari and Mike Krzyzewski, according to USA Today's 2019 coaching salary database.

Some of the buyouts are ridiculous.

That goes a hell of a lot farther in West Texas than it does most places. The man is set for life and he has unbelievable support for his program. Excited to see what this man can do going forward.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
I have a few sections down there if he is ever interested though. But your right, it won't be cheap.
Never mind. I just remembered we talked about that last month.

Would you take 1000 pesos and a week in the penthouse suite at Hotel Settles for it? I’ll even throw in a catered lunch (for just you) three different times.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
They only have to beat 5 million. No big deal. He's paid more than your coach and he has no buyout. Are you guys worried? Maybe you should be.
You're a pimple on UT's ass, if they want him they will take him, you are the new Wichita State, delusional... GL in ur 15mins

Last edited:
You're a pimple on UT's ass, if they want him they will take him, you are the new Wichita State, delusional... GL in ur 15mins

Well we done all we could. Paid him a ton and got at least a buyout in the contract. If someone wants to just kill him with money not much we can do besides what we have done.

Gregg Marshal stayed at Wichita St for 11 seasons. I would not mind Beard staying that long.

youre delusional if you think that's a good job. there is a very good reason they don't ever accomplish anything in basketball, nobody cares. even when they were really good in basketball nobody cared.

He is a UT alum but his family(children of divorce) are all in West Texas. He likes it there and has spent 17+ years in West Texas. It doesn't really matter what UT wants in this case because he doesn't appear interested in Austin.

youre delusional if you think that's a good job. there is a very good reason they don't ever accomplish anything in basketball, nobody cares. even when they were really good in basketball nobody cared.

Do you think the average Lubbock resident could describe what a basketball looks like 2 years ago?

Assistant pool got a 34% bump as well from $820,000 to $1.1 million to allocate among his three assistant coaches.

The $29.5 million basketball practice facility is scheduled to be completed June 2020.

Yes. Hell I remember back when I was in school seeing Bob Knight out coach Bill Self.
2005 was robbery. Aaron Miles got mauled by 3 defenders and no foul was called. I don’t remember the exact circumstances of how everything went down but I do recall people being pretty upset with the refs at the end of that game. More so than usual.

I think KU lost in Lubbock in 2005, 2007 and 2009. They went something like 8 years in a row without a win there.

2005 was robbery. Aaron Miles got mauled by 3 defenders and no foul was called. I don’t remember the exact circumstances of how everything went down but I do recall people being pretty upset with the refs at the end of that game. More so than usual.

I think KU lost in Lubbock in 2005, 2007 and 2009. They went something like 8 years in a row without a win there.

I feel that way most times we play @Kansas and experience the "magic".

#2 ranked KU up 79 to 77 after a defensive rebound Miles got called for traveling with 7.9 seconds in the 2nd OT while three Tech players were trying to tie him up for a jump ball. Freshman Daryl Dora who was 0-4 from 3 drained a 3 from NBA range with 3.1 seconds left.

Back in those days we only played once. It was nice those seasons when we got KU in Lubbock where we played them tough.

Remenber that time he lost by 50 in Lawrence? Old chap sure got the best of Bill that day.

I don't really recall that. I do remember the 2018 game @Kansas where Tech won 85-73. I also vividly remember the game earlier this year in Feb when Tech beat Kansas 91-62.

Last edited:
I feel that way most times we play @Kansas and experience the "magic".

#2 ranked KU up 79 to 77 after a defensive rebound Miles got called for traveling with 7.9 seconds in the 2nd OT while three Tech players were trying to tie him up for a jump ball. Freshman Daryl Dora who was 0-4 from 3 drained a 3 from NBA range with 3.1 seconds left.

Back in those days we only played once. It was nice those seasons when we got KU in Lubbock where we played them tough.

I don't really recall that. I do remember the 2018 game @Kansas where Tech won 85-73. I also vividly remember the game earlier this year in Feb when Tech beat Kansas 91-62.

KU’s foul disparity is middle of the pack in the league. Even in home games. Obviously you zero in on officiating more vs the team that has thoroughly dominated you.

Thought we were talking about Bob Knight? But congrats on splitting the last two years. Pretty big deal. Those two wins represent a third of your all-time win total vs KU, after all.

ADVERTISEMENT