ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech’s Basketball Coach Is Seriously Obsessed With Whataburger

I've never had it but there is a radio guy here in Nashville who talks about it all the time.

Usually get the number 2 combo with onion rings. Medium drink. Sucker cost almost $11 but well worth it. Go in so often they ask me if I want my usual and ring it up.

Reactions: Tortilla Launcher
Ive never had whataburger. Can’t imagine they’re that great.

i've only had it once, and it was absolutely delicious. i was on my way back from florida to KC and i had a layover in Dallas. just enough to time to get a delicious whataburger. i hope to one day again have a layover in dallas so i can get another wonderful whataburger.

Reactions: npreston
I been to one once when I visited Houston and the food was good..they literally gave me a brown paper bag filled with fries

i've only had it once, and it was absolutely delicious. i was on my way back from florida to KC and i had a layover in Dallas. just enough to time to get a delicious whataburger. i hope to one day again have a layover in dallas so i can get another wonderful whataburger.
Well shit. Now I’ve got to try it next time I’m in Dallas.

Like any other regional food chain, the further you get away from the place of origin the more questionable the quality. I won’t try In-N-Out for the first time until I visit California. You shouldn’t eat Whataburger and expect an authentic experience outside of Texas.

It's a Whatburger party!

KMBG.gif

Reactions: Tortilla Launcher
Uh, is she grinding on that bull? What kind of kinky sh_t is Whataburger up to?

giphy.gif

Years ago I worked for a boss that was a real jerk. While traveling with him in Arizona during the summer he stopped to use a pay phone and shut his new pickup off so I baked while he talked. That night I went to a Whataburger across the parking lot and got got one with double onions. I stuck it under the back seat. He never got the smell out of his new truck. I was able to get it out the next day and he never knew what happened. Just knew that his truck reminded him of Whataburgers. Whataburger, Carl's jr, and Hardee's are great gut bombs. But I never ate White Castle's out. I always took them back to the hotel. They are the fastest acting of the burgers.

The In-N-Out’s in DFW suck. It’s nothing like Southern California’s. Whataburger here is way better, IMO. For the record, In-N-Out in California blows whataburger away.
Aww.. that is so disappointing to hear. I've never had Whataburger but we are headed to DFW soon and discovered In-N-Out is there so we were planning on doing a side by side. Cause In-N-Out in So Cali is a religious experience and I was skeptical that Whataburger could be better. Sounds like In-N-Out doesn't have it together in Texas.

Like any other regional food chain, the further you get away from the place of origin the more questionable the quality. I won’t try In-N-Out for the first time until I visit California. You shouldn’t eat Whataburger and expect an authentic experience outside of Texas.
I actually think this isn't 100% true in ALL occasions. My favorite "regional" burger chain (they do a bunch more) up here in KC is Culver's. Their burgers are great but they do a lot of other really good stuff. I visited one up in Wisconsin near their home and I couldn't tell a dramatic difference. It's funny though, cause the typical fast food burger joints across Wisconsin were scarce. I think Culver's has chased most of them off. And their quality is very consistent, which is not always the case with some places . I know lots of people have hard-ons for Five Guys but I've always been meh about their burgers. Fries are the bomb... burgers are meh.

One regional chain I wish we'd get in KC was Braum's out of Oklahoma. We had them in my hometown in Salina.. and it is damn good. But their milk.. oh their milk.. well. Yeah.. can't get that up here in KC. My understanding is to guarantee freshness they only go so far out from their dairy in Oklahoma, and KC is too far away.

Aww.. that is so disappointing to hear. I've never had Whataburger but we are headed to DFW soon and discovered In-N-Out is there so we were planning on doing a side by side. Cause In-N-Out in So Cali is a religious experience and I was skeptical that Whataburger could be better. Sounds like In-N-Out doesn't have it together in Texas.

They are different burgers for sure.. I didn't think In and Out was anything overly great when I had it in San Diego, but it was good. Not a fan of the fries at all..

Whataburger is more of a old school patty and veggies type with more typical "fast food" fries.

I think whataburger fries are legit good as hell though, and there is something about their ketchup packets.

Reactions: gocats5611
ADVERTISEMENT