ADVERTISEMENT

Texas.Miami(Fla) game thread...

Texas guards are nasty. Reminds me of KU’s in 08 and Baylor in 21’

The combo guards that are good at all 3 levels. Can shoot, take you off the bounce and defend. They all are quick and athletic.

Big fan of 3 (true) guard lineups

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I don't understand why that shot didn't count. If you can't use all of the court, then move the damn goal/backboard back two feet. Larry Bird shot many shots behind the board.

Reactions: GE Nole
Texas' perimeter defense was the difference in the first half and may ultimately be the difference in the game. Both teams' guards are dynamic scorers on offense but Texas' guards are better defenders than Miami's.

Texas averages seven 3's per game and they hit 7 in the first half. Miami was able to pack the paint against Indiana and Houston but Texas is making them pay for that in this one.

I don't understand why that shot didn't count. If you can't use all of the court, then move the damn goal/backboard back two feet. Larry Bird shot many shots behind the board.
I remember he did that one time I think he was playing in Hartford Connecticut and they called the shot off. Larry could’ve done that all day if he wanted to

Reactions: treyforuk
Because the back of the backboard is OOB. THis rule was put into place because of Wilt . They would pass the ball over the top of the backboard to Wilt, for an easy dunk. So they made it illegal to shoot, or pass over the top of the backboard.

Reactions: RockThrillCock
Texas guards are nasty. Reminds me of KU’s in 08 and Baylor in 21’

The combo guards that are good at all 3 levels. Can shoot, take you off the bounce and defend. They all are quick and athletic.

Big fan of 3 (true) guard lineups

Agreed. Reminds me of FSU in the covid season. A bunch of big guards and wings who can all defend multiple positions, create, and shoot.

Texas' perimeter defense was the difference in the first half and may ultimately be the difference in the game. Both teams' guards are dynamic scorers on offense but Texas' guards are better defenders than Miami's.

Texas averages seven 3's per game and they hit 7 in the first half. Miami was able to pack the paint against Indiana and Houston but Texas is making them pay for that in this one.

Good point on the defense. They were very good.

I agree on the threes. Really don't think Miami is in that bad a shape. I seriously doubt they stay that hot from behind the three point line. Plus, Wong always has the potential to go big.

Reactions: TKBray
Good point on the defense. They were very good.

I agree on the threes. Really don't think Miami is in that bad a shape. I seriously doubt they stay that hot from behind the three point line. Plus, Wong always has the potential to go big.

Yeah, Texas' guards can defend Miami's guards much better than Miami's can. They're forcing them off the 3 point line, which is smart.

I'm hoping Texas cools off in the second half but part of it was Miami just not playing pressure defense like Texas was. So it's not surprising that Texas shot that well from outside with Miami giving them so many good looks.

Just feels like Miami coaches were thinking we'll pack the paint and force you to hit outside shots, while Texas coaches were thinking we're going to play tight defense to make you beat us with 2's instead of 3's. Texas' gameplan is working out much better because they're hitting shots.

Miami shot 64% compared to Texas shooting 55%, yet Miami is down 8 at half 😬

Because the back of the backboard is OOB. THis rule was put into place because of Wilt . They would pass the ball over the top of the backboard to Wilt, for an easy dunk. So they made it illegal to shoot, or pass over the top of the backboard.
Then move the board back two feet. You should be able to use the whole court.

Then move the board back two feet. You should be able to use the whole court.
Still wouldnt stop you from being able to throw a pass from behind the boackboard, which was the intent of the rule..

Moving the backboard back even with OOB line would make it impossible to get a rebound, and stay in bound...or post moves. Dudes would be stepping OOB 90% of the time. Its why the backboard/goal are extnded.

Texas is 7/14 from 3 and Wong is still going under screens 🤦🏾‍♂️

He's responsible for at least 3 or 4 of Texas' 3's bc he keeps falling asleep and losing his man

That sure seemed like a pretty obvious walk.

Miami has really stepped it up offensively.

Still wouldnt stop you from being able to throw a pass from behind the boackboard, which was the intent of the rule..

Moving the backboard back even with OOB line would make it impossible to get a rebound, and stay in bound...or post moves. Dudes would be stepping OOB 90% of the time. Its why the backboard/goal are extnded.
I still call it a dumb rule. You're taking away two foot of the court because of a trick shot. But reward for shouting a long jump shot.

I still call it a dumb rule. You're taking away two foot of the court because of a trick shot. But reward for shouting a long jump shot.
Nothing is neing taken away...You can use that part of the floor. You just cannot shoot from over the backboard...Its not like its some comon move...It rarely ever happens.

Terrible shot by Pack....Just horrendous. Bailed out.

Only 1 power 5 team left in the tourney and and it's from the ACC. All you conference honks, it don't matter what you did in the regular season, how tough your leagues is, NET and all that garbage. If you don't show up in March, you didn't do anything.

Jordan Miller is that dude. Favorite non-UVA player by far.

Honestly, like him more than some of our players too.

Fukkin stud!

27 points

7/7 from the field

13/13 from the FT line

😯😯😯😯😯

He might have just made himself a NCAA tournament trivia answer until the end of time. What player went 100% from the field and the line in a game lol

ADVERTISEMENT