ADVERTISEMENT

Tex / Tex Tech

So in back to back games, Texas pretty much down all game at WVU and win on a final shot. Up pretty much all game at home againt Tech and lose at the end. Sounds about right for the Big 12.

Turning point of the game was when Greg Brown tried to do the Kevin Garnett tactic of swatting Mac McClung's practice shot after the whistle had blown. But, he whiffed. And McClung got to see the ball go through the bottom of the net. Not serious, but subconsciously it probably does help a little. At that juncture in the game, they were down 7 points with 8 minutes left.

Also, thought it was funny how when TT got the rebound with under 20 seconds left, Fraschilla was urging Tech to, "Push it!" Um yeah, we get it. You think their half-court offense is terrible. But, why would you take a shot with 10 seconds left on the clock?

Turning point of the game was when Greg Brown tried to do the Kevin Garnett tactic of swatting Mac McClung's practice shot after the whistle had blown. But, he whiffed. And McClung got to see the ball go through the bottom of the net. Not serious, but subconsciously it probably does help a little. At that juncture in the game, they were down 7 points with 8 minutes left.

Also, thought it was funny how when TT got the rebound with under 20 seconds left, Fraschilla was urging Tech to, "Push it!" Um yeah, we get it. You think their half-court offense is terrible. But, why would you take a shot with 10 seconds left on the clock?

I really like Greg Brown. He has so much potential.

It surprises me how good Fran is at his job. I usually thoroughly enjoy his commentary. But, he does try to coach from the mic sometimes and it can get annoying.

A funny thing about this game for me was everytime they showed Ramey he was acting like a punk and jawing all game, and for Karma to rear its ugly head on him at the end of the game, was beautiful. That bone head play definitely cost them more than any other play.

It surprises me how good Fran is at his job. I usually thoroughly enjoy his commentary. But, he does try to coach from the mic sometimes and it can get annoying.

A funny thing about this game for me was everytime they showed Ramey he was acting like a punk and jawing all game, and for Karma to rear its ugly head on him at the end of the game, was beautiful. That bone head play definitely cost them more than any other play.

Haha yeah. Must be that junkyard dog mentality, as Fran likes to call it. I enjoy listening to him. Very, very knowledgeable. But to your point, he does put that coaching routine in overdrive at times.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life

This Texas team is crap. Brown should not be stating, Sims play like he is afraid he might break, the two guard are nothing more than sandlot players. I am surprised Tech didn't beat them by more.

UT might be the 3rd most talented team in the country. So poorly coached. Shaka continues to waste good big men.

Our big men do not play big . They are soft and will not play the post like they should but I agree, Shaka is a terrible coach and it shows every game.
I thought Jericho Sims was going to be a draft pick when he first showed up at Texas. He’s huge and super athletic. He looks so lackadaisical out there sometimes.

Our big men do not play big . They are soft and will not play the post like they should but I agree, Shaka is a terrible coach and it shows every game.
A good coach would change that though. They’ve got all the talent in the world, they just need somebody to bring it out of them.

ADVERTISEMENT