ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee will be visiting Kentucky Saturday

I will say this @TheDude1 and @JimboBBN, the one place I hate playing vs a dominant post scoring big is 2’s. The make it-take it aspect entirely voids my “let them have a 2 because we’ll get 3 if we need it” philosophy.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I will say this @TheDude1 and @JimboBBN, the one place I hate playing vs a dominant post scoring big is 2’s. The make it-take it aspect entirely voids my “let them have a 2 because we’ll get 3 if we need it” philosophy.

Hah! One place a post big is useful.... is the one mode I don't play!?:)

I don't know why, I never really got into twos. I don't like the whole "make it take it" thing... it makes it feel potentially very imbalanced. Plus, with only two players, there felt like there isn't as much strategy? Fish is the twos guy.

Hah! One place a post big is useful.... is the one mode I don't play!?:)

I don't know why, I never really got into twos. I don't like the whole "make it take it" thing... it makes it feel potentially very imbalanced. Plus, with only two players, there felt like there isn't as much strategy? Fish is the twos guy.

Yeah I hate make it take it because you can bring our offensive builds when you might never have to play defense. It’s nauseating.

Yup, I love twos. I pride myself on defense, being able to guard those quick little guys that play one on one the whole time. Love shutting them down.

Hail hates all the game modes I love! You should be proud of us though, because you used to get on us for not playing rec. And now we play that more than park.

Hail hates all the game modes I love! You should be proud of us though, because you used to get on us for not playing rec. And now we play that more than park.

We are playing SO much rec! I am enjoying it, even though we are still adjusting... we run into some teams that leak SO aggressively, they are scoring off of defensive rebounds practically before the camera has time to rotate. And sometimes we run into teams that can just run and shoot us out of the gym... there is definitely a level of shooter that is just above what we can pull off.

I have to say, I miss threes... a lot more room to operate. With fives, there just isn't much space... so easy to get too close to a secondary defender and get ripped. But with threes, I can operate down low on offense so much more grindingly (which isn't a word, but you know what I mean.) Nothing I enjoy more than posting up some guy who clearly knows what is coming, but just as clearly can't do anything about it... either I get that disheartening, "WTF can I do?" bucket on him, or that second defender cheats JUST a bit and bang, the pass out gets an easy three for a guard.

The 3 v 3 on the gatorade courts... that has been a shit ton of fun:)

We are playing SO much rec! I am enjoying it, even though we are still adjusting... we run into some teams that leak SO aggressively, they are scoring off of defensive rebounds practically before the camera has time to rotate. And sometimes we run into teams that can just run and shoot us out of the gym... there is definitely a level of shooter that is just above what we can pull off.

I have to say, I miss threes... a lot more room to operate. With fives, there just isn't much space... so easy to get too close to a secondary defender and get ripped. But with threes, I can operate down low on offense so much more grindingly (which isn't a word, but you know what I mean.) Nothing I enjoy more than posting up some guy who clearly knows what is coming, but just as clearly can't do anything about it... either I get that disheartening, "WTF can I do?" bucket on him, or that second defender cheats JUST a bit and bang, the pass out gets an easy three for a guard.

The 3 v 3 on the gatorade courts... that has been a shit ton of fun:)
At this point, 3 on 3 has become much easier to me. Rec has made offense almost impossible sometimes, so when we hit park or 3v3 proam, it just seems a lot easier than before. Winning a rec game gives me so much more satisfaction than a regular park game.

At this point, 3 on 3 has become much easier to me. Rec has made offense almost impossible sometimes, so when we hit park or 3v3 proam, it just seems a lot easier than before. Winning a rec game gives me so much more satisfaction than a regular park game.

Yeah, I get that, that rec is SERIOUSLY satisfying... when you win:) But man, when it is the second period, and we are getting blitzed by some team of 99s that should be in pro am... there is a looong way to go:)

I feel like, with rec, there are far more chances for cheesy stupid stuff that causes you to lose... you know, like some douche leaking out early, or silly amounts of steals because the passing lanes are so crowded, or one shooter out of five getting open enough to can one. But with threes... there is no leaking out, you know? There isn't the stealing. Its so much harder for a shooter to get lost and therefore open. I enjoy the hell out of that.

Yeah, I get that, that rec is SERIOUSLY satisfying... when you win:) But man, when it is the second period, and we are getting blitzed by some team of 99s that should be in pro am... there is a looong way to go:)

I feel like, with rec, there are far more chances for cheesy stupid stuff that causes you to lose... you know, like some douche leaking out early, or silly amounts of steals because the passing lanes are so crowded, or one shooter out of five getting open enough to can one. But with threes... there is no leaking out, you know? There isn't the stealing. Its so much harder for a shooter to get lost and therefore open. I enjoy the hell out of that.
The part I underlined, as annoying and frustrating as it can be, is all on us to correct. We are responsible for making sure we take better shots and don't turn the ball over. Teams leak out on us because we are taking contested shots or throwing bad passes. 2K has made it hard with interceptor, but we could do so much better in some places than we have been!

The part I underlined, as annoying and frustrating as it can be, is all on us to correct. We are responsible for making sure we take better shots and don't turn the ball over. Teams leak out on us because we are taking contested shots or throwing bad passes. 2K has made it hard with interceptor, but we could do so much better in some places than we have been!

To a point, sure... but there are definitely things that happen in this game that never happen in real basketball, and I don't think it is so much that we are doing it wrong, but more like the game is making it possible. Like the stealing... no player in real life stands some place swiping their hands through the air trying to steal the ball, making it nearly impossible to pass, bc in real life you can pass past defenders with some ease... you know, a simple bounce pass, or a leading pass, or a pass over a guy, or whatever, you know?

I just want a game that more closely simulates stuff.

(At least, I think I want that?:) )

To a point, sure... but there are definitely things that happen in this game that never happen in real basketball, and I don't think it is so much that we are doing it wrong, but more like the game is making it possible. Like the stealing... no player in real life stands some place swiping their hands through the air trying to steal the ball, making it nearly impossible to pass, bc in real life you can pass past defenders with some ease... you know, a simple bounce pass, or a leading pass, or a pass over a guy, or whatever, you know?

I just want a game that more closely simulates stuff.

(At least, I think I want that?:) )
I understand. I think it would be REALLY hard for 2k to make it more realistic than they already have. Think about it, any given play, they have to match up 3 or 4 animations to a T. I'm passing to you, you're catching. My defender trying to block/ steal, yours trying to block/steal. 2K has to make that whole play look fluid, with the only variable on our ends being us hitting a button while moving a stick. But trust me, I get the bitching.

BTW, I love that we are writing here, but also texting. WTF.

Oh man, I should be working.

You lost big but no worries... you get your chance at revenge in a few weeks.

632lq8.jpg

Well, as long as people are sharing screenshots, here you go, @JimboBBN this is the one you missed when you were out walking Apollo last night. The only thing that kept me from scoring more was that I didn't get the ball much towards the end of the game bc everyone was hucking up threes:) I love my paint beast so much, compared to that dumb stretch guy:)

screen1.png

Last edited:
ANd if UK goes to those places,and performs as they did today, I will be the first dude to eat the crow...I think they are very capable of winning all three. BUt also very capable of losing all 3----as would be the case for a lot teams. But if they go into said arena's, a curb stmp these teams.....Well, I'll be the frst to start helping design banner #9.
We did ok. Crow worthy?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
We did ok. Crow worthy?
Meh......Struggled at A&M(64-58)----lost at Auburn----smashed KU----meh @ Bama. Impressive at 3-1, for sure....Could have been 2-2.And outside of @ KU, just wasn't UT dominant.

So, naaaah.

And I've said, they could win all 3, or lose.

Cats have gotten it going, forsure.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT