ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee will be visiting Kentucky Saturday

See, @della , the good news is, I was way off on my prediction that UK would win by 20.

The bad news is, UK won by 28.

The really bad news is, UT was shooting 28% from 3 point range on the season, but they hit 11 threes at 48% shooting AND shot 53% from inside the arc… .and STILL lost by a huge margin.
Well to be fair Jeff----UK entered the game shooting 34% from three, and shot 61% today.(11-18) 😁

Holy, shit-----Just saw where Fulkerson didn't score, OR have a SINGLE rebound in 20 minutes..

JFC...

Reactions: JC for 3
I'd bet every single dime I have that doesn't happen. Unless of course they go all video game on TN again...

TBH, I think TN/UK are actually pretty evenly matched. Cats just played really, really well---and shot like , I mean....holy moses.

Auburn, UK, UT, LSU is my Top 3----then there is a team like Arkansas, that can beat anyone. THen Bama. After that, league is meh----THough A&M can be dangerous.

If I had to pick best team, I'd take Auburn. BUt honestly, think its a damn coin flip with those three.
Yeah, for whatever reason UK hasn’t had much success in Knoxville recently. Also, glad to see you back in the mix man!

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I'd bet every single dime I have that doesn't happen. Unless of course they go all video game on TN again...

TBH, I think TN/UK are actually pretty evenly matched. Cats just played really, really well---and shot like , I mean....holy moses.

Auburn, UK, UT, LSU is my Top 3----then there is a team like Arkansas, that can beat anyone. THen Bama. After that, league is meh----THough A&M can be dangerous.

If I had to pick best team, I'd take Auburn. BUt honestly, think its a damn coin flip with those three.
UK has been blowing teams out by 25 and 30 and even though UK shot great, so did UT and when you have guards like Wheeler, Tyty, Mintz and Grady… and you pair them up with Oscar, Brooks and Toppin, well, UT just doesn't have enough fire power to deal with that.

Tennessee pushes their defense out to the 3pt line and that is a hige mistake against UK.

By the time UK travels to K-ville, they will be much better than they are now.

If I were you, I would not bet everything you have on that game.

I didn't realize UT fans were so unhappy with Barnes.

They are not, but we all have our idiots. You might remember some UK fans that had a slight displeasure with Cal? These fans know nothing of program building and live game to game wanting to give a coach a raise one week and fire him the next. They are fools.

They are not, but we all have our idiots. You might remember some UK fans that had a slight displeasure with Cal? These fans know nothing of program building and live game to game wanting to give a coach a raise one week and fire him the next. They are fools.
I posted that to not really poke at UT fans, but specifically that dude. Judging by the responses most feel the same that he's an idiot.

I posted that to not really poke at UT fans, but specifically that dude. Judging by the responses most feel the same that he's an idiot.
I don't think he's even a Tennessee fan. He's a sports anchor in North Carolina and used to work for Longhorn Network, thus is probably just a troll.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Cats shot a great percentage, but if we are being truthful, if they get those same shots against anybody they’re gonna shoot a lights out percentage.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Cats shot a great percentage, but if we are being truthful, if they get those same shots against anybody they’re gonna shoot a lights out percentage.
Yep, they were getting high percentage shots all day. It isn't like they were just throwing up a bunch of prayers that just happened to go in. Great shooting created by shredding the defense in every way possible.

Reactions: RipThru
Chin was right - 4 guards = death line up. I thought he was joking.

Our 4 guards had 75 freaking points.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Barnes is a good fit at UT. I'm sure Barnes will adjust the defense before we come to TBA. Your offense is just fine!
What adjustment does he make? UK just had one of those days. UT wasn't bad----Kentucky just played out of their minds today. Happens sometimes.

Reactions: cdbearde
UK has been blowing teams out by 25 and 30 and even though UK shot great, so did UT and when you have guards like Wheeler, Tyty, Mintz and Grady… and you pair them up with Oscar, Brooks and Toppin, well, UT just doesn't have enough fire power to deal with that.

Tennessee pushes their defense out to the 3pt line and that is a hige mistake against UK.

By the time UK travels to K-ville, they will be much better than they are now.

If I were you, I would not bet everything you have on that game.
Winning is one thing......Winning by 20+ is another----Which is what you said. WHich is what I responded to. Had you said UK would win @ TBA, I woouldn't have said what I did.

But thats not what you said.

Then why did they entered the game shooting 34% from three? Have they played someone,anyone, better defensively(per KP), than UT? A lot of their open looks came via the break...UT turnovers. And well, lay-ups---and being fair, that was UK's guards totally abusing UT's guards.

Today reminded me of IU/Kent State. Good shooting Indiana team...MOF, shot 41% as a team from three. But that day? Hit their first 7 three's. Finished 15-19.

Kentucky can be really good---And their b/c is lethal as ****. But if you think what the did today is some type of, "yeah they get those looks, they're gonna do that repeatedly", is a statement setting you up for disappointment.

I really like this Kentucky team. Very good chance at being really good. But today was just oneof those days that no matter who shot it----it went in. I mean Wheeler was 7/9 from the floor.

Very good team, no doubt. But today was 7 Jodie Meeks type of day.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
And most of those were layups because UT pushes their defense out to and beyond the 3pt line.
Huh? You got me confused here Jeff....You mentioned how UT shot well above their average from three----I said to be fair, so did UK.

And you respond with this?

Today was a great performance, I thought both teams played really hard.
But I just want to post a video of a better win against UT at Rupp, this a 6.8-minute high light video from 1993, and I am doing it for my favorite UT fan Ms. Della. I know how she loves history. Or not. 😉

Yeah, for whatever reason UK hasn’t had much success in Knoxville recently. Also, glad to see you back in the mix man!
Play as they did today, and that'll change. No one in CBB was beating UK today.

Nice pic of you and Bert----Had no idea---or maybe just forgot----you were like 7'6"---Unless of course Bert is 4'9"---then that explains some things.

We need to get together next time you're down this way.

Today was a great performance, I thought both teams played really hard.
But I just want to post a video of a better win against UT at Rupp, this a 6.8-minute high light video from 1993, and I am doing it for my favorite UT fan Ms. Della. I know how she loves history. Or not. 😉

I was at that game. I was 10 but I remember it vividly.

Winning is one thing......Winning by 20+ is another----Which is what you said. WHich is what I responded to. Had you said UK would win @ TBA, I woouldn't have said what I did.

But thats not what you said.
Right, I said UK will win by 20 in Knoxville. I believe they are that good.

• Love
Reactions: CB3UK
god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Reactions: kyjeff1
Then why did they entered the game shooting 34% from three? Have they played someone,anyone, better defensively(per KP), than UT? A lot of their open looks came via the break...UT turnovers. And well, lay-ups---and being fair, that was UK's guards totally abusing UT's guards.

Today reminded me of IU/Kent State. Good shooting Indiana team...MOF, shot 41% as a team from three. But that day? Hit their first 7 three's. Finished 15-19.

Kentucky can be really good---And their b/c is lethal as ****. But if you think what the did today is some type of, "yeah they get those looks, they're gonna do that repeatedly", is a statement setting you up for disappointment.

I really like this Kentucky team. Very good chance at being really good. But today was just oneof those days that no matter who shot it----it went in. I mean Wheeler was 7/9 from the floor.

Very good team, no doubt. But today was 7 Jodie Meeks type of day.
Yeah, but at some point, it's not "just one of those days" when it keeps happening.
Western KY got blasted by 35, North Carolina got hammered by 29, Mizzou by 27, Vanderbilt was down by 28 when UK let off the gas and now today. UK could have beat UT by 35 or 40 if it wanted to.
That’s just too many blowouts for me to say this was just one of those days.

And i said I'd bet every dime I have they won't....I believe UK is good. Really good. I also don't think today is something that UK is going to do often. If you do, great. I recall this type of convo a few years back when UK went to the Bahama's, smacked everyone, etc, etc....Then proceeded to lose to Duke by 500. Folks you cannot place all your eggs in one basket, over one game. Kentucky was unreal today...Like 5 Jodie Meeks vs UT/Prince vs UNC good. And it was fun to watch. Hell I was almost late getting to my game b.c I wanted to see if they'd keep it up---It was that fun.

But its also ONE game. A game where every shot seemingly went in. It snowballed on Tenn, Rupp was rocking', lights out----game over.

Tell ya what---YOu give me Tenn and 20 points, in TBA, and I'll let you name the $$$$.

ADVERTISEMENT