Tennessee vs North Carolina

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
It was close last year...

This.

The entire basketball season is a mere culmination for tomorrow afternoon when Tennessee and North Carolina take the floor.

Nothing else matters.

Reactions: toonces11
I like Tennessee by about 9 at home. Unless Kenny Williams and Joel Berry light it up from deep ala Stanford on the road. This game they miss Cam Johnson.

This.

The entire basketball season is a mere culmination for tomorrow afternoon when Tennessee and North Carolina take the floor.

Nothing else matters.
Truer words were never spoken.

Joel Berry was out last year.
Aaaaaand how many players is UNC missing from last years team?
Looking at UNC's roster it looks like the following players will be missing from today's game:
-Meeks
-Jackson
-Britt
-Hicks
-Bradley
That is a lot of missing players.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashvilleVOL89
Go Vols, hoping all that orange freaks North Carolina* out, got them at home this year now get it done.

LFG

EDIT: Holy shit, didn't realize I was on the CBB board. Alternate dimension
C5otJTn.gif

I took UT as my "5" in our weekly pick'em. I like this UT team---especially in Knoxville.

I took UT as my "5" in our weekly pick'em. I like this UT team---especially in Knoxville.
Yep, same here. TBA is a tough place to play. Barnes has them looking pretty sharp. James Daniel came off the bench and has hit 3/4 from downtown, to lead UT in points. That certainly helps.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
I like UT a lot if they let them play this physically (no complaints as they are letting both teams play). If you let a team that pressures like that play like that they are tough to beat. UNC has to match it and hasn't so far, instead playing dumb with their passes and getting pushed around on the boards. I know it would be a tough game in Knoxville though. UT is no joke.

Good half from UT. Pretty terrible display from UNC in their first real hostile environment. Tennessee just took it to them and Felton and Berry were just terrible. UNC can't win without good PG play.

Tenn can't hit 3's like this the whole game. I expect Barnes to pull a Mike White in 2nd half, UNC 84. TENN. 80
I just threw up in my mouth saying that..

I like UT a lot if they let them play this physically (no complaints as they are letting both teams play). If you let a team that pressures like that play like that they are tough to beat. UNC has to match it and hasn't so far, instead playing dumb with their passes and getting pushed around on the boards. I know it would be a tough game in Knoxville though. UT is no joke.
I don’t mind the physicality but it’s annoying when UT is allowed to hand check and when UNC pushes their hands away, UT flops. I remember @IUfanBorden noting that phenomenon.

Also, lucky to be down only 6 with Maye being ice cold and Berry sitting a lot of minutes.

I don’t mind the physicality but it’s annoying when UT is allowed to hand check and when UNC pushes their hands away, UT flops. I remember @IUfanBorden noting that phenomenon.

Also, lucky to be down only 6 with Maye being ice cold and Berry sitting a lot of minutes.

Eh, they are getting the benefit of the doubt at home, which is normal in a game like this. I hate the flops the refs have fallen for but I expected them to be allowed to hack like this at home. It will be good to see if UNC can play through it. Need to push back.

Reactions: Matt Laurer
Man, if even Schofield is making threes the Heels are in trouble. Both teams making shots now.

Roy is going to kill them if they don't start rebounding. They are getting their hands on them and letting the Vols come over the back and knock it away.

Wouldn’t mind an over-the-back call on all these offensive rebounds.

Tennessee is a tough team. Did not realize just how good they are. Purdue had them beat up 3 with 7 seconds left and decided not to foul and UT hit a miracle 3 to tie and eventually win in OT.

Never wouldve dreamed their run n gun then crash the boards strategy would work against a program that is typically the best at this strategy year in and year out (UNC) but here we are with Tennessee leading.

Brooks has just been terrible. Manley and Huffman should close this one out down low.

Tennessee is a blue collar type team, hard to root against that type of team.

Williams flopped and got the call then our Williams flops and actually gets pushed and we don't. UNC players have to learn how to flop better.

ADVERTISEMENT