ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee SEC schedule thus far

Yeah, they definitely still have a lot to prove with their back half of the schedule.

All you can do is win the next game. The rest will take care of itself.

But if you want to talk about scheduling bull crap, lets take a closer look at Kentucky's schedule. No its not about who they have played, its about how the SEC front offices gave them the best layout possible in terms of rest and preparation.

First I want to say that what I am about to discuss doesn't have ANYTHING to do with winning or losing a game, so its not a "built in excuse".

The SEC schedule of games are on Tuesday & Wednesday in the week and everyone on Saturday. Majority of games on the weekdays are on Tuesday, normally in a 4:3 ratio or 5:2 ratio in comparison to Wednesdays.
Kentucky (due to ESPN ratings) plays all of their weekday games on Tuesdays. However, this is where it gets fishy.... Every Saturday game they have played was against an opponent coming off a Wednesday game (even though Tuesday has more games). So Kentucky gets an extra day of rest/prep for their Saturday opponent every week!

Some wonder how is that an advantage to Kentucky, they have to turn right around and play on Tuesday. Since everyone plays on Saturday, that is the exact same amount of prep time for both teams. So that is fair on both ends. Where it doesn't become fair is if Kentucky is travelling for their Tuesday affair.
Every time Kentucky has had a Tuesday ROAD game, they are playing an opponent that is coming off a road game on Saturday, so that means the opponent is still traveling before their game on Tuesday. Kentucky doesn't play one Tuesday road game where the opponent is staying home from playing at home on Saturday.

How did all of it go unnoticed? And i said i don't label it as an excuse, just unusual and obvious preferential treatment for Kentucky from the SEC offices.

But if you want to talk about scheduling bull crap, lets take a closer look at Kentucky's schedule. No its not about who they have played, its about how the SEC front offices gave them the best layout possible in terms of rest and preparation.

First I want to say that what I am about to discuss doesn't have ANYTHING to do with winning or losing a game, so its not a "built in excuse".

The SEC schedule of games are on Tuesday & Wednesday in the week and everyone on Saturday. Majority of games on the weekdays are on Tuesday, normally in a 4:3 ratio or 5:2 ratio in comparison to Wednesdays.
Kentucky (due to ESPN ratings) plays all of their weekday games on Tuesdays. However, this is where it gets fishy.... Every Saturday game they have played was against an opponent coming off a Wednesday game (even though Tuesday has more games). So Kentucky gets an extra day of rest/prep for their Saturday opponent every week!

Some wonder how is that an advantage to Kentucky, they have to turn right around and play on Tuesday. Since everyone plays on Saturday, that is the exact same amount of prep time for both teams. So that is fair on both ends. Where it doesn't become fair is if Kentucky is travelling for their Tuesday affair.
Every time Kentucky has had a Tuesday ROAD game, they are playing an opponent that is coming off a road game on Saturday, so that means the opponent is still traveling before their game on Tuesday. Kentucky doesn't play one Tuesday road game where the opponent is staying home from playing at home on Saturday.

How did all of it go unnoticed? And i said i don't label it as an excuse, just unusual and obvious preferential treatment for Kentucky from the SEC offices.

Interesting observation

Reactions: ReturnOfOakboy
Wow! This was interesting.

Tennessee played a very good NC schedule and it is not the Vols fault that their SEC opponents have not been that strong to date. UT has played UF twice, UF was suppose to be pretty good, but that is on them. The key is not losing to teams you should have beat.

The SEC office is in B'ham and B'ham is in alabama. Those filthy bammers reach extends beyond even CFB. If you look up cheating, you would see a Red Elephant snickering at you.:mad:

Reactions: GhostVol
lets not forget that duke lost to gonzaga and tennessee beat them.duke held on for its life against louisville and tennessee beat them by 10. until a loss, tennessee deserves to be #1. that said, duke has some incredible talent.
Never said they were unworthy of being number one. Nor did I compare them to Duke. Just said that they had to be the quietest number one team ever.

Easy now . . . this program can barely support our internal conspiracy theories, much less outside theories. The powers that be can't be both for us and against us.

this is Rupp Rafters level conspiracy theory stuff.

It’s basketball, guy. Kids under the age of 24 don’t need that much rest to play at their peak.

Good work on the hours of research though.

LSU is in the driver's seat.

Sorry Duke fans . . . LSU is moving "The Shot" to the #2 spot. Now making T-shirts.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-15-at-8.44.15-AM.png

@bignish @Quavarius @DiehardDukeFan4Life @LetsGoDuke301 @TheDude1 @ReturnOfOakboy @tw3301

Last edited:
yeah because our junior and seniors have ZERO experience.
And at this point can we really categorize auburn and Miss St as "battle testers"?

Not what he meant, just pointing out the schedule.

A win tomorrow shuts everybody up though.

Reactions: Quavarius
The old Thursday Saturday is schedule is much worse than the Wed / Sat game. Kentucky gets 2 days rest from Saturday, UT gets 3, then 2. How the heck is that unfair? TV wants us for super Tuesday. You guys stick around for more than a couple of years and ESPN will want you also....

Guess what Game Day number 2 at Kentucky this season. See Vols, you are getting some love from ESPN.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Is that you Kevin Stallings?

whine whine whine

Tennessee fans sort of fall out of the sky for the first time in decades.

Where have you all been?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
UVA lost to Duke at home on Saturday and beat UNC on the road on Monday. IMO that Saturday to Monday thing (plus travel) is bullshit in the ACC but it's not a death sentence.

I can’t stand it. Earlier this year we played a Sunday-Tuesday turnaround while Clemson, our opponent, hadn’t played in 8 days. 8 days!

That’s ridiculous for a governing body that purports to be about student athlete safety and well being. Imagine a football team playing Saturday and then Thursday while their opponent had two weeks off.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I can’t stand it. Earlier this year we played a Sunday-Tuesday turnaround while Clemson, our opponent, hadn’t played in 8 days. 8 days!

That’s ridiculous for a governing body that purports to be about student athlete safety and well being. Imagine a football team playing Saturday and then Thursday while their opponent had two weeks off.

Yeah we have 3 Saturday-Monday turnarounds in this last month. All three of the Monday games are on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT