ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee picks up Tyreke Key Indiana State Guard out of portal

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I saw that but why did the release say they picked him over UNC, lol. That was a strange comment.

He’s from Celina Tennessee which is right below me about 25 mins. Always wondered why he didn’t go to UT right outta high school. Clay county came here when he was a senior and I went and watched him play. Really smooth player and a super nice guy.

Reactions: della
You could've thrown it in the "Official 2022 Transfer Portal Thread" that is pinned at the top. ;)
Maybe I wanted my own Big news coming out of Knoxville thread. 😃

This could be the guy that finally leads Tennessee to its first Final Four.
I'm just hoping he helps us maintain our widening advantage over our rivals.😘

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
No, everyone knows that was that big man out of Illinois that got jobbed. (Cockburn his name?)😛
touche-ben-stiller.gif

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde and della
Barnes can do that. They need someone who can win when it matters though.
They all matter. Did UNC build a 21,000+ seat Dean dome for fans to see games that don't matter? It's not like I mentioned anything to disparage UNC with Key picking UT. Why you so bitter?

They all matter. Did UNC build a 21,000+ seat Dean dome for fans to see games that don't matter? It's not like I mentioned anything to disparage UNC with Key picking UT. Why you so bitter?

lol, don’t say silly things. I’m not bitter at all. I’m thrilled UT landed this guy. Plus. I think Barnes is great for UT and being a fan am happy he is there. It’s frustrating how bad he is as a tournament coach though and that is a fair take. It was more a joke and you took it too seriously I think.

lol, don’t say silly things. I’m not bitter at all. I’m thrilled UT landed this guy. Plus. I think Barnes is great for UT and being a fan am happy he is there. It’s frustrating how bad he is as a tournament coach though and that is a fair take. It was more a joke and you took it too seriously I think.
You just seemed upset by the article saying the kid picked UT over UNC and others. I didn't mention that cause I didn't want to put anyone down.

You just seemed upset by the article saying the kid picked UT over UNC and others. I didn't mention that cause I didn't want to put anyone down.

No, I don’t think I seemed upset. I just thought it was humorous. The kid never had the option to go to UNC. It isn’t because he isn’t good enough though. Kids often list schools like that for pub and hype.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
They all do matter Della, but just my opinion, legacies are built in March..

No, I don’t think I seemed upset. I just thought it was humorous. The kid never had the option to go to UNC. It isn’t because he isn’t good enough though. Kids often list schools like that for pub and hype.
Well, I didn't bring it up, you did, so there is that.

Correct, because that is what the press release said. So I was commenting on it being weird. You took it personally.
No, I didn't. I didn't even mention it. You did, so you must have taken it personally.

Nothing like landing on a kids top 5 u kbow u arent even recruiting to make u step back and reavaluate how much efforft I spend watching what recruits do, knowinng i woukdnt recognize em in real life and havent seen more than 2-3 HS players play ever.

Good pickup for the vols. I am good friends with Greg Lansing. Guy who first recruited key to Indiana st. He said right when he signed him he found a gem

Reactions: della
No, I didn't. I didn't even mention it. You did, so you must have taken it personally.

You brought up a topic. I commented that I saw it but was confused by what they released, because what they released wasn't true. You choose to start an entire thread about it when there is already a thread for this stuff. So it's fair game to comment on anything related in this thread.

You didn't care about that comment anyway. I took a shot at Barnes tournament coaching, which you didn't like. That's fair. I don't blame you but it doesn't make it any less true. I mean, I pull for Tennessee pretty hard. It isn't like I want Barnes to continually be a poor tournament coach. But he is.

You brought up a topic. I commented that I saw it but was confused by what they released, because what they released wasn't true. You choose to start an entire thread about it when there is already a thread for this stuff. So it's fair game to comment on anything related in this thread.

You didn't care about that comment anyway. I took a shot at Barnes tournament coaching, which you didn't like. That's fair. I don't blame you but it doesn't make it any less true. I mean, I pull for Tennessee pretty hard. It isn't like I want Barnes to continually be a poor tournament coach. But he is.

You thought UNC didn't recruit the kid and were upset about it. I let it pass. Then you were so tore up about it you lashed out at Barnes. I quipped he did fine against UNC. Does that pretty well sum it up?

You thought UNC didn't recruit the kid and were upset about it. I let it pass. Then you were so tore up about it you lashed out at Barnes. I quipped he did fine against UNC. Does that pretty well sum it up?

I will assume you are just trolling with the upset stuff, which is fine. They weren’t an option for him unless he was walking on. Maybe he considered that. IDK.

I poke fun at Barnes and his tournament suckage a lot. I poke fun at UNC for things as well. Have some fun with it. I thought you were at first tbh. Not sure why you are so bothered.

I will assume you are just trolling with the upset stuff, which is fine. They weren’t an option for him unless he was walking on. Maybe he considered that. IDK.

I poke fun at Barnes and his tournament suckage a lot. I poke fun at UNC for things as well. Have some fun with it. I thought you were at first tbh. Not sure why you are so bothered.
You went out of your way to complain/criticize two elements of the thread. It is not a stretch to deduce you're unhappy or just an ass.

I just try to turn things back on people. You stated I took things too seriously and I therefore mentioned you seemed upset. Your last sentence states "I'm bothered". 😛

Of course, that couldn't be farther from the truth. I just play the hand I'm dealt. If you want to go back and forth, it's fine with me. If you want to drop it, that's OK too.

You went out of your way to complain/criticize two elements of the thread. It is not a stretch to deduce you're unhappy or just an ass.

I just try to turn things back on people. You stated I took things too seriously and I therefore mentioned you seemed upset. Your last sentence states "I'm bothered". 😛

Of course, that couldn't be farther from the truth. I just play the hand I'm dealt. If you want to go back and forth, it's fine with me. If you want to drop it, that's OK too.

Posting on a message board I post on every day isn't going out of my way. It was a pretty simple observation. The press release listed a school that wasn't an option. I posted about it because that was strange, which is exactly what I said.

Then I made fun of Barnes tournament coaching, which is pretty reasonable. Everyone makes fun of his tournament coaching. I don't even think you disagree with that. Your comments about his regular season success are legit. He is a great coach in that regard.

I think you need to read your hand better maybe. IDK.

Posting on a message board I post on every day isn't going out of my way. It was a pretty simple observation. The press release listed a school that wasn't an option. I posted about it because that was strange, which is exactly what I said.

Then I made fun of Barnes tournament coaching, which is pretty reasonable. Everyone makes fun of his tournament coaching. I don't even think you disagree with that. Your comments about his regular season success are legit. He is a great coach in that regard.

I think you need to read your hand better maybe. IDK.
You posted regarding the UNC thingie, I said nothing about it. Then you made fun of Barnes, so I came back with him beating UNC. What is such a big deal about that? IYO, was I out of line to return fire? If so, why? If not, why go on about it? I did suggest dropping it, ya know.

Regarding my hand, I agree you don't know.

You posted regarding the UNC thingie, I said nothing about it. Then you made fun of Barnes, so I came back with him beating UNC. What is such a big deal about that? IYO, was I out of line to return fire? If so, why? If not, why go on about it? I did suggest dropping it, ya know.

Regarding my hand, I agree you don't know.

It wasn't a big deal, lol. I thought it was great, so I commented back as well. Then I think you felt a little sensitive, which is why you went with the who so bitter when I wasn't bitter at all and wanted me to be upset when I wasn't upset at all. This is a message board, mate. If you want the back and forth then have fun with it.

If you want to drop it then do it. That is how it works.

It wasn't a big deal, lol. I thought it was great, so I commented back as well. Then I think you felt a little sensitive, which is why you went with the who so bitter when I wasn't bitter at all and wanted me to be upset when I wasn't upset at all. This is a message board, mate. If you want the back and forth then have fun with it.

If you want to drop it then do it. That is how it works.
I just defend Barnes/UT, that is what I do. Since defense is a reaction the initiative is yours.

I just defend Barnes/UT, that is what I do. Since defense is a reaction the initiative is yours.

No, you made a clever little jab back, which was great.

Then, like I've stated, you seem to get upset so instead of just continuing on you wanted to claim I was bitter and upset. That's on you. It made no sense and didn't fit the back and forth.

No, you made a clever little jab back, which was great.

Then, like I've stated, you seem to get upset so instead of just continuing on you wanted to claim I was bitter and upset. That's on you. It made no sense and didn't fit the back and forth.
I only jabbed after your Barnes comment. That seemed fair to me.

Actually I asked why you were bitter instead of claiming it. Are you bitter about me asking you why you were bitter?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I only jabbed after your Barnes comment. That seemed fair to me.

Actually I asked why you were bitter instead of claiming it. Are you bitter about me asking you why you were bitter?

Holy crap. Yes, it was fair. It's a message board. Back and forth jabs are what we do.

It's all in fun, Della. Just embrace Rick's tournament suckage and appreciate him for the overall great coach he is and has been for UT.

Holy crap. Yes, it was fair. It's a message board. Back and forth jabs are what we do.

It's all in fun, Della. Just embrace Rick's tournament suckage and appreciate him for the overall great coach he is and has been for UT.
Agreed, it is all in fun. Barnes won the SECT, (first time in 43 years)so I am looking forward to bigger and better. Unless you win the NCAA, FF and stuff mean very little to me. I do love beating you know who, though.

Agreed, it is all in fun. Barnes won the SECT, (first time in 43 years)so I am looking forward to bigger and better. Unless you win the NCAA, FF and stuff mean very little to me. I do love beating you know who, though.

I thought winning the SECT was pretty huge tbh. I actually recorded the championship game and watched it on replay.

I am one of those people who like all the banners that go along with the tournament though. Final Fours, Elite Eights, Sweet Sixteens. I like celebrating the things the players who come through the program accomplish. It is really all about them anyway.

Let’s be fair about this Deller, you do take jabs at other teams and then get mad when somebody takes a jab at UT. That’s just what you do and it’s fine. We all know that’s your calling card. I love the back and fourth with you by the way. I will say like I did in another post that I am really happy for Key and I hope he does well for Tennessee but is he really the kinda player you start a thread about on the rivals board?

Yes Deller we know you love beating UK. It’s the talk of the year for UT fans and their super bowl. I’m glad Barnes has brought UT’s program up a little over the years. Tired of them sucking ass!

I thought winning the SECT was pretty huge tbh. I actually recorded the championship game and watched it on replay.

I am one of those people who like all the banners that go along with the tournament though. Final Fours, Elite Eights, Sweet Sixteens. I like celebrating the things the players who come through the program accomplish. It is really all about them anyway.
I know a lot of people share your view, but after they leave UT, they are out of mind for me. The exceptions would be ex players that are like ambassadors for the program.

I wish there was no NFL, NBA, NIL. I wish things were IVY league like. I think money corrupts the game. The funny thing is that UT will go all in on the NIL and will benefit more than others, but I still don't like it.

ADVERTISEMENT