ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee at Kentucky

Montana81

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Tennessee hasn't won in Rupp in 12 years. Last time was 2006 when Kentucky native Christ Lofton went for 31 on 7-10 3 point shooting.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statistics/Games/20060207Tennessee.html

Tennessee looks to be getting better every game while Kentucky has had a double digit deficit in the 2nd half 3 games in a row and just scored a 10 year low 18 in the first half.

Not only could Tennessee win this game but I don't think it's a stretch to think they could win it big. Tennessee at this point is clearly the better team.

Rick Barnes has experience knocking off blue bloods at home too so he'll know know to get his guys prepared to win at Rupp.

I'm gonna say...

Tennessee 78
UK 67

Kentucky wins easily.

Rocky we should have beaten Vandy and Florida at home easily too. Florida did not play well that game. Mizzou didn't play particular well either. This team UK team is a year away.

UT for the win. Them and Auburn are the class of the league and will be next year too

Tennessee- Sum of the whole is greater than value of the parts.

Kentucky- Sum of the parts is greater than the value of the whole.

Tennessee- Power of team

Kentucky Power of individuals

Go Big Orange!

Reactions: mp1998
Shhh, I can’t reveal my motive...
spc-nicholas-mouyos-a-flight-medic-waits-for-extraction-with-a-simulated-HF28H9.jpg

Obviously, you are impaired and delusional at the moment. Worry not, this pic shows me coming to get you out of the war zone and to a hospital for care. Due to the nature of your comment, I used a "Dummy" to represent you in this photo.:)

Kentucky- Sum of the parts is greater than the value of the whole.

That’s because the parts tend to get mouthy with their creator...

I get a kick watching those kids argue with Calipari, players first.

Reactions: della
That’s because the parts tend to get mouthy with their creator...

I get a kick watching those kids argue with Calipari, players first.
Have you noticed that there is a eerie silence coming from UK friends? I don't believe I have actually ever heard that before.

Have you noticed that there is a eerie silence coming from UK friends? I don't believe I have actually ever heard that before.
Edit: No sweetie pie. RollLaugh

I just find it degrading to read some of these threads. So I usually choose not to feed the trolls and then get into a shit slinging argument from fans of teams that have not shown up for the last ten years. Yet all of a sudden they are the greatest teams of all time.

The post above that Auburn and Tennessee are the class of the SEC this year and next is totally ignorant of the facts. Auburn and Tennessee may never have been the class of the SEC two years in a row in the history of the league.

So I have ended the eerie silence of this thread; however, I am not taking any inbound shit.

Last edited:
slide-bkgd.png

Dead+cat+2.jpg

earl-kitchen-floor-400.png

deadcat.jpg

images

aQtTZwSsOY-10.png

OK Cats, there just doesn't seem to be any fight in ya.
We are facing reality, UT is the far superior team. UK can’t shoot, and in basketball that’s kind of a big deal. UT should win anywhere between 6-14 points.

The players appear to have no fight in them so why should we?

No sir.

I just find it degrading to read some of these threads. So I usually choose not to feed the trolls and then get into a shit slinging argument from fans of teams that have not shown up for the last ten years. Yet all of a sudden they are the greatest teams of all time.

The post above that Auburn and Tennessee are the class of the SEC this year and next is totally ignorant of the facts. Auburn and Tennessee may never have been the class of the SEC two years in a row in the history of the league.

So I have ended the eerie silence of this thread; however, I am not taking any inbound shit.
Bert, She’s not a Sir.

Edit: No sweetie pie. RollLaugh

Are you too injured to discuss the match up? The game has to be 50/50, it is at Rupp and y'all have higher ceiling players. I like our chances though.
I have been on this board a long time. I was the one that posted the UK/UT thread in the earlier match up. I post regardless of how good/bad UT is. Ask any bammer on the sound off board.

Well, at least you called me "sweetie pie" and that is nice.:)

Are you too injured to discuss the match up? The game has to be 50/50, it is at Rupp and y'all have higher ceiling players. I like our chances though.
I have been on this board a long time. I was the one that posted the UK/UT thread in the earlier match up. I post regardless of how good/bad UT is. Ask any bammer on the sound off board.

Well, at least you called me "sweetie pie" and that is nice.:)
That was after someone pointed out to me that you were a lady. I had never picked up on that. I really did not know you were a lady.

Anyway, the accusation was made that the Kentucky faithful were hiding. We don't do that. That is what I took umbrage about.

That was after someone pointed out to me that you were a lady. I had never picked up on that. I really did not know you were a lady.

Anyway, the accusation was made that the Kentucky faithful were hiding. We don't do that. That is what I took umbrage about.

Aside from you getting your fur ruffled, they have gone into hiding. Of course, there is that wolf poster, but I don't count him. No true fan would ever just capitulate like that.

Eeh, I wouldn't say anyone has "gone into hiding". It's a thread about a game later this week.

And the wolf poster should have "in sheep's clothing" in his username.

Aside from you getting your fur ruffled, they have gone into hiding. Of course, there is that wolf poster, but I don't count him. No true fan would ever just capitulate like that.

Barnes will probably keep you guys at a higher level than in recent years. It would be good rekindle the rivalry. UL takes it in the rear almost every year so they're not really much of rival. And it'll get worse once their penalties are levied.

I don't know if this team will get it. A couple of them have. They've shown flashes and for whatever reason they can't sustain it.

Been following UK for 21 years now, I am just realistic. In 12-13 I said that team was heading to the NIT all year long and look what happened.

Look, this team is in the midst of a four game losing streak, possibly even longer. I expect 1-3 wins the rest of the season, is there any reason to think this team can win another road game? Or even beat a team at home besides Ole Miss?

Ops got a huge boner over uk.

@Kevin Bryan im a poor. When will I be aloud my two free posts for the week? I haven't been able to post here at all. I'm not banned either except from money

Last edited:
Barnes will probably keep you guys at a higher level than in recent years. It would be good rekindle the rivalry. UL takes it in the rear almost every year so they're not really much of rival. And it'll get worse once their penalties are levied.

I don't know if this team will get it. A couple of them have. They've shown flashes and for whatever reason they can't sustain it.
You know, no team has beaten UK more times than the Vols.

It has already been rekindled, we have beaten you the last three times you have been to Knoxville.

kentucky Power of individuals

Go Big Orange!

I usually roll my eyes at stuff like this because it's just a one and done stereotype that doesn't tend to be true for UK teams... but I have a hard time disagreeing where this year is concerned.

I usually roll my eyes at stuff like this because it's just a one and done stereotype that doesn't tend to be true for UK teams... but I have a hard time disagreeing where this year is concerned.
Well, the point is that UK ain't done yet. They have the potential to turn it on at any moment.
I say UT has a 50/50 chance to win, considering it is at Rupp that is a big deal.

Barnes has turned UT into a finely tuned 6 cyl, UK is a V8 that needs a tune up.

Reactions: lick15
Well, the point is that UK ain't done yet. They have the potential to turn it on at any moment.
I say UT has a 50/50 chance to win, considering it is at Rupp that is a big deal.

Barnes has turned UT into a finely tuned 6 cyl, UK is a V8 that needs a tune up.

They really don't have the potential. They're pure garbage. They haven't improve all year, and it's not like Calipari forgot how to coach. This team has no potential to do anything meaningful in March, and I'm willing to die on this hill.

They really don't have the potential. They're pure garbage. They haven't improve all year, and it's not like Calipari forgot how to coach. This team has no potential to do anything meaningful in March, and I'm willing to die on this hill.
I wish I had your confidence. We play UK and bama next and on the road. I'm hoping for a split.

Tennessee hasn't won in Rupp in 12 years. Last time was 2006 when Kentucky native Christ Lofton went for 31 on 7-10 3 point shooting.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statistics/Games/20060207Tennessee.html

Tennessee looks to be getting better every game while Kentucky has had a double digit deficit in the 2nd half 3 games in a row and just scored a 10 year low 18 in the first half.

Not only could Tennessee win this game but I don't think it's a stretch to think they could win it big. Tennessee at this point is clearly the better team.

Rick Barnes has experience knocking off blue bloods at home too so he'll know know to get his guys prepared to win at Rupp.

I'm gonna say...

Tennessee 78
UK 67
I’m just glad I’m not the only realistic UK fan, looks like you are thinking NIT too.

Reactions: rockycard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT