ADVERTISEMENT

Tell me what you like least about your most hated rival.

At least somebody is with me on the final fours are overrated train. Welcome della it’s only me and you. Been there and tried.

A 1 seeds path just isn’t great, and no path is the same difficulty regardless of seed, yet history remembers them the same. A 1 seed plays a 16 who is most likely a scrub, then an 8/9 seed, so we are talking a plus side of the bubble team probably around .500 in conference play (or sometimes it’s a sneaky good team like uk in 2014 with Julius Randle, James Young, the Harrison’s a lot more talented than ur avg 8/9 seed though). Then of course either a 4/5 so somewhere between the 13th-20th ranked team, then a 2 seed who is most likely pretty legit. So that’s 2 tough games if no one else gets upset. It’s 3 good teams at most.

Boy, I struck a nerve! So... I reviewed the transcript. Who brought up football in THIS thread? Why, it was a Kaintucky fan. It is my sworn duty to remind you Mildcat fans what time it is. And the time is...51-9 since 1960. Sixty years. Yeah, Alabama is Tennessee’s main rival. So, I would advise Kaintucky to take your victory in Knoxville and enjoy it since it won’t happen again until 2056. Y’all have a nice day!

Boy, I struck a nerve! So... I reviewed the transcript. Who brought up football in THIS thread? Why, it was a Kaintucky fan. It is my sworn duty to remind you Mildcat fans what time it is. And the time is...51-9 since 1960. Sixty years. Yeah, Alabama is Tennessee’s main rival. So, I would advise Kaintucky to take your victory in Knoxville and enjoy it since it won’t happen again until 2056. Y’all have a nice day!
Do you want to take this and and explain to him @della?

Jeff, it is you that put UT down for not getting into the final 4. So, since you have never played in the NCAA tourney aren't you being a little hypocritical for calling out those UT players that have advanced in March Madness? I mean if you wish to be consistent with your line of BS.
Hmm, I don’t recall saying anything about UT and their lack of a FF, maybe I did, I'm not sure, but that's an awful long reach you’re trying to make there Della.
I mean, really long.
You’re the one belittling Final Fours and I'm telling you that it is a great achievement and it is simply a fact that UT does not have a FF to their name. But you're talking smack about a program that has been to 17 of them, then acting like it’s no big deal.
Strange

Reactions: RunninRichie
Hmm, I don’t recall saying anything about UT and their lack of a FF, maybe I did, I'm not sure, but that's an awful long reach you’re trying to make there Della.
I mean, really long.
You’re the one belittling Final Fours and I'm telling you that it is a great achievement and it is simply a fact that UT does not have a FF to their name. But you're talking smack about a program that has been to 17 of them, then acting like it’s no big deal.
Strange
Jeff, don't be an idiot. You are the one attacking UT over FF's. This of course is in a complete contradiction from what you stated earlier about your D2 pick up game.

Unless you win it all, you lose it all. No one but a UK fan would brag about a loss. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Why don't you go on about "made it to the Championship"? It's still a loss, but I suppose it's better than FF. Why not yap about Sweet 16? Shouldn't you stick with Championships if you insist on bragging about the past?

Do UK fan's feel so dejected about the present that all they have left is the past? We are kicking y'all's ass this year Jeff, so you better get Bert to dust off some old VHS tapes to drown your sorrows.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Jeff, don't be an idiot. You are the one attacking UT over FF's. This of course is in a complete contradiction from what you stated earlier about your D2 pick up game.

Unless you win it all, you lose it all. No one but a UK fan would brag about a loss. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Why don't you go on about "made it to the Championship"? It's still a loss, but I suppose it's better than FF. Why not yap about Sweet 16? Shouldn't you stick with Championships if you insist on bragging about the past?

Do UK fan's feel so dejected about the present that all they have left is the past? We are kicking y'all's ass this year Jeff, so you better get Bert to dust off some old VHS tapes to drown your sorrows.
UTs basketball program is a sad joke you guys hang banners for elite 8s....you have 1 thing to brag about and that’s regular season wins over UK...you haven’t won the sec tournament since 1978 your best team ever lost in the sweet 16. Just give it up please.

You know it’s crazy. I’ve enjoyed seeing Barnes and TN having success, not at UKs expense though. I tip my hat to Barnes. It’s nice to see our conference get some top tier coaching and talent. I wish it went a little deeper than it does (that’s what she said).

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
At least somebody is with me on the final fours are overrated train. Welcome della it’s only me and you. Been there and tried.

A 1 seeds path just isn’t great, and no path is the same difficulty regardless of seed, yet history remembers them the same. A 1 seed plays a 16 who is most likely a scrub, then an 8/9 seed, so we are talking a plus side of the bubble team probably around .500 in conference play (or sometimes it’s a sneaky good team like uk in 2014 with Julius Randle, James Young, the Harrison’s a lot more talented than ur avg 8/9 seed though). Then of course either a 4/5 so somewhere between the 13th-20th ranked team, then a 2 seed who is most likely pretty legit. So that’s 2 tough games if no one else gets upset. It’s 3 good teams at most.

You're leaving out the fact that being a one seed requires a great season, which usually consists of winning a really good league and around 30 games.

You act as if teams are just handed top seeds without earning them. That team earned the right to play a shit team in the first round by winning a lot of games against quality competition.

At the end of the day, having a lot of final fours means you've won a lot of tourney games. That said, I do think it's silly to act as if losing in the national semifinal is automatically a much better season than losing in the elite 8.

How many sports require you to win 6 straight games to be champions? With one day between several of them?

Everyone knows you have to be lucky and good to win that thing.

So it's only UK fans that brag about final 4's? So, UNC, Duke, KU, UCLA and Indiana DON'T have Final four banners hanging from the rafters in their respective arena's?

Isn't hanging a banner the ultimate height of bragging?

So it's only UK fans that brag about final 4's? So, UNC, Duke, KU, UCLA and Indiana DON'T have Final four banners hanging from the rafters in their respective arena's?

You're not married are you? Not giving you shit, but just I know the vortex you're in.

You know it’s crazy. I’ve enjoyed seeing Barnes and TN having success, not at UKs expense though. I tip my hat to Barnes. It’s nice to see our conference get some top tier coaching and talent. I wish it went a little deeper than it does (that’s what she said).
Steel sharpens steel. It gives us all and advantage to play good competition.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

Yeah, pretty much it is just UK fans. If I got into a conversation with any of those other fans, the conversation would be about the current year or an upcoming game.

Yeah, pretty much it is just UK fans. If I got into a conversation with any of those other fans, the conversation would be about the current year or an upcoming game.
You didn’t answer the question. Do all those blue blood programs hany final four banners or not?

Would that most be bragging about reaching those final fours?

And I call bs on your assertion that it's only UK fans that talk about final fours, when the topic comes up, everybody does it… ..except UT fans of course.

You didn’t answer the question. Do all those blue blood programs hany final four banners or not?

Would that most be bragging about reaching those final fours?

And I call bs on your assertion that it's only UK fans that talk about final fours, when the topic comes up, everybody does it… ..except UT fans of course.
We really have to limit ourselves to the fans on the board and of those, UK fans brag about the past.

UNC, Duke, and Kansas posters have been perfect gentlemen.

We really have to limit ourselves to the fans on the board and of those, UK fans brag about the past.

We really get to you huh?

I don't mean too. I just celebrate UK. Sorry if that's off putting and you would do it different if UT had any resemblance of success.

Ever heard the phrase "cry bag pussy"?

I like you're a fan of your team. You don't have to tear down others to feel good. Well, some do, but I don't think UT is that bad off.

We really get to you huh?

I don't mean too. I just celebrate UK. Sorry if that's off putting and you would do it different if UT had any resemblance of success.

Ever heard the phrase "cry bag pussy"?

I like you're a fan of your team. You don't have to tear down others to feel good. Well, some do, but I don't think UT is that bad off.
Don't be an idiot. The FF BS is an attempt to tear down UT, y'all weaponize it.

Ever heard the phrase, "cry baby dick"?

If you're going to weaponize it, I will tear it down.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Don't be an idiot. The FF BS is an attempt to tear down UT, y'all weaponize it.

Ever heard the phrase, "cry baby dick"?

If you're going to weaponize it, I will tear it down.
It doesn't take any effort to be negative.

In other words, lets just limit it to things that help your argument. Yeah, that's what we're going to do.

In other words, lets just limit it to things that help your argument. Yeah, that's what we're going to do.
As usual, you're off the mark. However, I'll concede that UK has a better overall past than UT. So, now it is irrelevant and obsolete. Of course, I had never made that claim before, so it was irrelevant then too.

The point is y'all use it as a crutch. None of the other fans do it and it is a bad look on y'all.

As usual, you're off the mark. However, I'll concede that UK has a better overall past than UT. So, now it is irrelevant and obsolete. Of course, I had never made that claim before, so it was irrelevant then too.

The point is y'all use it as a crutch. None of the other fans do it and it is a bad look on y'all.
So, you're going to admit that UK has a better overall past than UT… .in basketball? How big of you.
That's like comparing a Wal-mart spec'd Jon boat to a damn aircraft carrier.
Nobody is using anything as a crutch, this is a message forum that focuses on college basketball, to which UK is on the Mount Rushmore of.
You're coming off as a jealous UT fan. Why are you so butthurt about UK fan comments? I mean, it's all you talk about when you're here.

So, you're going to admit that UK has a better overall past than UT… .in basketball? How big of you.
That's like comparing a Wal-mart spec'd Jon boat to a damn aircraft carrier.
Nobody is using anything as a crutch, this is a message forum that focuses on college basketball, to which UK is on the Mount Rushmore of.
You're coming off as a jealous UT fan. Why are you so butthurt about UK fan comments? I mean, it's all you talk about when you're here.
You’re coming off as an arrogant prick. You have already exhibited how disingenuous and dishonest you are.

You don’t want to enter into a discussion straight up with out a crutch. You are mistaken if you believe that I care if you choose to reach for a crutch, but you are also mistaken if you think I won’t call you out for it.

You’re coming off as an arrogant prick. You have already exhibited how disingenuous and dishonest you are.

You don’t want to enter into a discussion straight up with out a crutch. You are mistaken if you believe that I care if you choose to reach for a crutch, but you are also mistaken if you think I won’t call you out for it.
I just reread what I posted, I dont see where I said anything disingenuous or dishonest.
I'm not sure why you feel that way. I apologize if I said something that was out of line, that wasn't my intention.
But at the same time, keep in mind, you constantly attack UK and UK fans, so you should probably take your own advice here too.

NaughtyFoolhardyBlacklab-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: kyjeff1
I just reread what I posted, I dont see where I said anything disingenuous or dishonest.
I'm not sure why you feel that way. I apologize if I said something that was out of line, that wasn't my intention.
But at the same time, keep in mind, you constantly attack UK and UK fans, so you should probably take your own advice here too.
You would need to go back all the through the conversation and not just the last post. I didn't take it that you were trying to decieve, rather just didn't stay consistent with what you had previously stated and contradicted yourself.

Another thing, I don't attack UK or Calipari. I just mix it up with some of y'all. So, get your accusations correct.

You would need to go back all the through the conversation and not just the last post. I didn't take it that you were trying to decieve, rather just didn't stay consistent with what you had previously stated and contradicted yourself.

Another thing, I don't attack UK or Calipari. I just mix it up with some of y'all. So, get your accusations correct.
Let me know where I contradicted myself, because I'm not seeing it and I don't get how I'm being inconsistent in my posts. Seems like you're just saying these things for the sake of arguing.

Let me know where I contradicted myself, because I'm not seeing it and I don't get how I'm being inconsistent in my posts. Seems like you're just saying these things for the sake of arguing.
I have already stated it.

ADVERTISEMENT