ADVERTISEMENT

Teams (other than your own) that you've enjoyed watching this year...

CDNCBBFan

Mar 13, 2018
Fairly self-explanatory title. Now that each team has some games under their belt, who have you enjoyed watching?

Some on my list:

Gonzaga - Just beautiful to watch when they are clicking on O. It was incredible how quickly they turned double digit deficits into double digit leads in the Zona and Creighton games. Obviously the Duke game was fantastic as well.

Virginia - I've always been a sucker for unathletic, uber-disciplined, great defensive teams. It probably sounds like I'm joking, but I'm actually not.

Michigan - Just wow, crazy how much everyone on the team has improved. Brazdeikis has been great (and is Canadian!). I, like almost everyone I think, expected a drop-off after the losses of Wagner, Abdur-Rahkman, Robinson. Apparently not!

Nevada - I like mid-majors that have a chance to compete with the big boys. Not sure I'm 100% sold on them yet, but I'm really curious to see how their season goes.

Wisconsin - See Virginia above. Plus, who can resist Happ's footwork?

Tennessee - Like the way they play through Williams and Schofield. That battle against Kansas was fantastic to watch.

Iowa State - Was very impressed with them in Maui. Can't wait to see them in the Big 12 when they are full strength.

Other Big 10 teams - based on the channel package I have, I end up seeing more Big 10 games than any other conference. For a variety of reasons, looking forward to seeing Indiana, Purdue, Nebraska and Ohio State in conference games.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Its possible we don't. Our chances aren't as good as I originally thought, not even close. Depends on if we want to play defense and rebound or not. Fvcking soft ass Nick Richards better get his head out of his ass.
Richards played 1 min Sat, Cal has sent him a message. There will be a epic meltdown on Rafters if it happens I hope not.
U6 has size that clogs the middle, and shooters. Both teams are streaky at the 3, and both hit free throws. Our team defense is horrible as of now. Cal shortened the bench the last 2 games, let's see if that wakes up the team.

Richards played 1 min Sat, Cal has sent him a message. There will be a epic meltdown on Rafters if it happens I hope not.
U6 has size that clogs the middle, and shooters. Both teams are streaky at the 3, and both hit free throws. Our team defense is horrible as of now. Cal shortened the bench the last 2 games, let's see if that wakes up the team.
You guys have better depth in the front court though.

You guys have better depth in the front court though.
That's the key if we win. Does our front court show up, and can we get Louisville's big in foul trouble. Travis can't do work against both.

That's the key if we win. Does our front court show up, and can we get Louisville's big in foul trouble. Travis can't do work against both.
Guarantee you there will be a tight whistle on both teams. We generally play either Enoch at the 5 with Williams coming in off the Bench, and Agau when either hit foul trouble. All three have been pretty formidable thus far.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Guarantee you there will be a tight whistle on both teams. We generally play either Enoch at the 5 with Williams coming in off the Bench, and Agau when either hit foul trouble. All three have been pretty formidable thus far.
I agree, and that will be imo where the game will be won or lost. Neither team has the guard who can take over the game like years past

Reactions: UL_1986
Really like Michigan.
Virginia has been fun in the couple games I caught.

Also like Texas Tech and Florida State.

Agree with OP on Iowa State, look good without two starters and two serviceable bench guys.

Oh...I agree. And they're only losing one rotation player from this year's team.

Assuming there's no defections--which in this day and age seems like there's almost always at least one.

But yeah they look well positioned. Also will add the best shot blocker in the country.

Assuming there's no defections--which in this day and age seems like there's almost always at least one.

But yeah they look well positioned. Also will add the best shot blocker in the country.

This year's team can shoot, and drive the ball. They have size, and mismatch potential...they haven't played a tough schedule, so its tough to know how good they'll be.

It looks like they could have multiple freshmen who can contribute next season, and of course Stewart who you mentioned.

This year's team can shoot, and drive the ball. They have size, and mismatch potential...they haven't played a tough schedule, so its tough to know how good they'll be.

It looks like they could have multiple freshmen who can contribute next season, and of course Stewart who you mentioned.

Stewart? I was talking about Ike Obiagu, kid who is sitting out as a transfer. 20+% block rate as a freshman.

Reactions: KisteK
Its possible we don't. Our chances aren't as good as I originally thought, not even close. Depends on if we want to play defense and rebound or not. Fvcking soft ass Nick Richards better get his head out of his ass.
Keep seeing UK fans saying Nick is young, give him a chance. Age wise he could very well be a senior. He is now 21 years old.

Michigan and Gonzaga, definitely.

others:
- Virginia
- Wisconsin
- Texas
- Buffalo
- Nevada
- Arizona State
- UNCG
- Utah State
- Auburn
- Nebraska

We have to win, this avatar is killing me. Lol

Reactions: JimboBBN and KisteK
Ok don't know about him. Looks like they'll have a lot of options next season.

Super raw on offense. Basically could only contribute by catching lobs at the rim. Shot free throws one-handed and was 12-38 on the season. Yes, 31%.

But ridiculously length and timing on defense. I'm talking ELITE shot blocker. I'll go ahead and say it--better than Konate. His lack of offensive skill and propensity for foul trouble limited his minutes his true freshman year at FSU, but he still finished with 71 blocks.

3 blocks in 7 minutes against Michigan in the Elite 8.
4 blocks in 12 minutes against Louisville in ACCT.
7 blocks (and 12 rebounds) in 21 minutes against BC.
5 blocks in 19 minutes against Clemson.
6 blocks in 13 minutes against NCSU.

I talked to Stan Jones (long time FSU assistant who is an excellent developer of talent) after the season and he told me that Ike was going to obliterate the FSU single season block record this year, and possibly set the career mark--in just two years--if we had another deep NCAAT run.

Unfortunately, his handler got an offer from Seton Hall he couldn't refuse and forced Ike to transfer over the summer.

Yeah but Auburn is the Goat. UCF honorary goat for beating that trash Bama club.
You need to go on rafters and tag jedwar and John blue the main mod and ask for another chance I pleaded your case in another thread and someone agreed you should be allowed back. Just start a new handle tag the mods and ask to have your ban lifted. What’s the worst that can happen? Your comedy is appreciated

Reactions: Denim Vest
You need to go on rafters and tag jedwar and John blue the main mod and ask for another chance I pleaded your case in another thread and someone agreed you should be allowed back. Just start a new handle tag the mods and ask to have your ban lifted. What’s the worst that can happen? Your comedy is appreciated
Ha. Well I couldn’t go begging but let me know if they lift the ban.

Otherwise I suspect there’s a decent chance I show up over there before rd 1 of the blue blood battle between AU and the Cats.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Ha. Well I couldn’t go begging but let me know if they lift the ban.

Otherwise I suspect there’s a decent chance I show up over there before rd 1 of the blue blood battle between AU and the Cats.
Just go start a thread with a new handle tag the mods myself and @BlueWorldOrder74 and talk about how much you love talking basketball on catspause with the greatest fans ever we will all like your posts and get the conversation going. Do it now damnit

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Super raw on offense. Basically could only contribute by catching lobs at the rim. Shot free throws one-handed and was 12-38 on the season. Yes, 31%.

But ridiculously length and timing on defense. I'm talking ELITE shot blocker. I'll go ahead and say it--better than Konate. His lack of offensive skill and propensity for foul trouble limited his minutes his true freshman year at FSU, but he still finished with 71 blocks.

3 blocks in 7 minutes against Michigan in the Elite 8.
4 blocks in 12 minutes against Louisville in ACCT.
7 blocks (and 12 rebounds) in 21 minutes against BC.
5 blocks in 19 minutes against Clemson.
6 blocks in 13 minutes against NCSU.

I talked to Stan Jones (long time FSU assistant who is an excellent developer of talent) after the season and he told me that Ike was going to obliterate the FSU single season block record this year, and possibly set the career mark--in just two years--if we had another deep NCAAT run.

Unfortunately, his handler got an offer from Seton Hall he couldn't refuse and forced Ike to transfer over the summer.

Yeah those are rediculous shot blocking numbers, and he looks like a decent rebounder. It'll be hard for him to get solid minutes with his ft shooting issues. SH will have some nice talent in the front court with Stewart, and the Lithuanian. Ike might be fighting to be the first big off the bench, but sheesh with those ft shooting numbers he'll be a liability.

Yeah those are rediculous shot blocking numbers, and he looks like a decent rebounder. It'll be hard for him to get solid minutes with his ft shooting issues. SH will have some nice talent in the front court with Stewart, and the Lithuanian. Ike might be fighting to be the first big off the bench, but sheesh with those ft shooting numbers he'll be a liability.

You ain't lying. FSU is absolutely missing his rim protection this year, but our FT% has gone WAY up as a team without him.

That said, he came from Africa and didn't play much hoops before he was 16. He was a volleyball player. My guess is he spends the year getting at least a serviceable shot and could be a 55% FT shooter next year.

It's a shame he didn't stay at FSU. Stan Jones is a renowned FT shooting developer and totally transformed the shot for big men like Solomon Alabi, Uche Echefu, Al Thornton, and Michael Ojo.

Ojo went from 20-47 (42%) his sophomore year to 58-72 (80.6%) his senior year.
Alabi went from 51-75 (68%) his freshman year to 108-136 (79%) his soph year before leaving for NBA.
Echefu went from 12-22 (54%) his freshman year to 89-105 (85%) his senior year.
Thornton went from 21-42 (50%) his freshman year to 166-210 (79%) his senior year.

All those guys were extremely raw offensively and were developed by Stan Jones. But handlers don't care about the kid. Only about the $$$.

ADVERTISEMENT