ADVERTISEMENT

TCU at Kansas

ravenman10

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2008
Wow TCU is on fire. And those ain’t open shots. Is this what they did to Baylor Saturday?
Oh wait nobody is watching because it’s on ESPN +. F the big 12

Oh, I have ESPN+ but am watching that Auburn game. I may turn both on.
Thanks!

Oh, I have ESPN+ but am watching that Auburn game. I may turn both on.
Thanks!
TCU hit their last 10 shots of the first half, including 7 three pointers.

One of those three pointers was a buzzer beater while smothered by a defender, another was about 15 feet behind the three point line, and another was shot OVER Azubuike. The others weren't exactly wide open looks either.

They are 9/15 from 3 for the first half.... Not sure I've ever seen a shooting performance like I did the last 10 minutes of the first half.... even one of their misses, bounced about 10 feet in the air and almost went through the hoop. The only other time I've ever seen a shooting performance like that was Oregon in the 2017 elite eight, when they banked in a bunch of slop. But at least that team was good. TCU is ..... not good. Anomalous statistics are just working in their favor right now.

Reactions: cooljeff
Agree. These are the most dangerous games. Steph Curry shows up to play for these teams. Dok has 18 & 6 in the first half and they trail. Wow

They are trying to play into the tournament.

As dangerous of a team there is in the Big 12 right now.

How bad does KU want to win the conference?
TCU really wants to play in the NCAA tournament
They’re shooting pretty well right now. I wouldn’t say their actual decision making is much different than what their record indicates. I think KU wins this by 7+.

TCU hit their last 10 shots of the first half, including 7 three pointers.

One of those three pointers was a buzzer beater while smothered by a defender, another was about 15 feet behind the three point line, and another was shot OVER Azubuike. The others weren't exactly wide open looks either.

They are 9/15 from 3 for the first half.... Not sure I've ever seen a shooting performance like I did the last 10 minutes of the first half.... even one of their misses, bounced about 10 feet in the air and almost went through the hoop. The only other time I've ever seen a shooting performance like that was Oregon in the 2017 elite eight, when they banked in a bunch of slop.

Oregon was the exact same game I thought of.

Agree. These are the most dangerous games. Steph Curry shows up to play for these teams. Dok has 18 & 6 in the first half and they trail. Wow
I'd say what's more impressive is, we're only down 2 at half, when they went on a shooting streak like that. There's no way in hell they can possibly continue that.

Gonna guess they don't shoot 60% from deep on a large volume of shots in the second half.

They’re shooting pretty well right now. I wouldn’t say their actual decision making is much different than what their record indicates. I think KU wins this by 7+.

When you allow a hungry team to stick around they are going to fight and claw for everything
Much easier with 20 minutes of basketball than 40.
They are playing for their season.

Oregon was the exact same game I thought of.
That Oregon game was evidence to me that a basketball god exists and that he didn’t want us winning a title. I think they went on a streak at one point where hit something like 14 of 15 including that crazy sequence at the end of the 1st half where they hit a three that bounced 10 feet in the air and fell through the hoop followed by a banked in 3.

When you allow a hungry team to stick around they are going to fight and claw for everything
Much easier with 20 minutes of basketball than 40.
They are playing for their season.
It wasn’t so much KU allowing them to hang around as it was god being happy with whatever it was they sacrificed to him in order to pull off that shooting performance.

They are fighting for their season and that shows in the scrappiness and hustle. But the shooting, that’s just luck. You can’t will yourself to hitting tough shots. That is up to luck if the draw. Sometimes statistics work in your favor sometimes they don’t.

Last edited:
@dragonhawk1855 back to the Isaiah Moss conversation. From playing at Iowa to getting a standing ovation on Senior night and getting recognized by Self for being Kansas best shooter, I don't think he misses you guys either.

Good thing Azubuike’s a talker. Moss May have given the shortest speech in history.

Reactions: huskitt
Iowa > Kansas > Nebraska
Never woulda guessed Iowa has the all time record vs KU in basketball, yet KU has you in fb. Figure in National Titles, it goes Nebraska>Kansas>Iowa if we are just doing fb basketball. Basketball only, your still drunk. KU>Iowaz>Nebby.... and quit ruining my attempt to wake up Gilligan;)

@dragonhawk1855 back to the Isaiah Moss conversation. From playing at Iowa to getting a standing ovation on Senior night and getting recognized by Self for being Kansas best shooter, I don't think he misses you guys either.
nobody from the Hawk fan base said anything bad and wished him the best, most said a change in scenery would do him good.

99% of Hawk fans are more than happy with who replaced him
RSFR Fredrick stats to date
28.6 mpg
10.5 ppg 3rd on the team
2.8 apg 3rd on the team
46.5% from 3 leads the team
48.9% from the field 3rd on the team
31 T/O's
17 steals
24 games played
pretty sure both fan bases are happy how things turned out.
Fredrick career is just starting while Moss's is coming to a close.
your attempt is failing. now run along junior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT