TAMU just got hosed.

Toast.

Gold Member
May 10, 2011
Boulder CO
That Davis travel, tho ....
Forgot about that actually. Thought it was the wrong call (really tough one though), but also think most guys would've put it on the deck to one dribble that far away from the bucket.

KisteK

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2012
Thought it looked like a travel in real time. Not so much after looking at it though. Tough call for sure.
Forgot about that actually. Thought it was the wrong call (really tough one though), but also think most guys would've put it on the deck to one dribble that far away from the bucket.
Tyler Davis packed no bags.
Bull shit call

Reactions: Toast.

ndesgeorges

Dec 22, 2006
Didnt think it was a travel either.

As far as the FT discrepancy, I'd rather discuss specific calls/no calls than that. TAMU reached a lot. Overall, Id say we got more calls than not, but the FT discrepancy woulda been quite similar even if that wasnt the case.

Side note: our offense looks absurdly bad at times. I wasnt that invested in this game having gotten home late from work, but I muttered "holy sh*t" and started drinking immediately after one of our possessions.

Montana81

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
I actually like seeing other sec teams get screwed on the road. Kind of a "how does it feel" moment.

Typically none of them are good enough that it's actually going to make a difference.

KisteK

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2012
I can't find a video. What happened?
down 2 with the ball & under 5 seconds left; Davis (left open) receives the pass just outside the paint, took two steps and went up for a lay-in (still unguarded) and the refs call a travel. He was moving toward the basket on the pass, but only took the two steps with the ball..

Otherwise, this game would have most likely went into OT.