ADVERTISEMENT

Tampering in College Basketball?

LOL. A message boarder thinking he knows everything that goes on within his program. Guys are you lovely to have on here

speak-english-pulp-fiction.gif

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
You are one of my favorite posters on the board because of how little self awareness you have. In your mind you are then smartest person here and that unc basketball can do no wrong ever. Keep on being you and I will keep laughing at you

You are one of my favorite posters on the board because of how little self awareness you have. In your mind you are then smartest person here and that unc basketball can do no wrong ever. Keep on being you and I will keep laughing at you

I am not the smartest individual here by a long shot. You could be a heck of a lot more intelligent than I am. Who cares? I do not. It's a message board. Lighten up.

I am not the smartest individual here by a long shot. You could be a heck of a lot more intelligent than I am. Who cares? I do not. It's a message board. Lighten up.
You telling someone else to lighten up is pretty rich.

Dude tampering is clearly happening and was going to happen when the transfer portal became hot there last few years. Every team is going to do it. It’s the new pay for play. The coaches/programs who don’t get with the times will be left behind.

Dude tampering is clearly happening and was going to happen when the transfer portal became hot there last few years. Every team is going to do it. It’s the new pay for play. The coaches/programs who don’t get with the times will be left behind.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is denying tampering goes on. I sure hope the UNC staff is working back channels to get interest from players. I know for certain they have been contacted by players.

It was happening wayyyyyy before the portal as well.

Jerry Smith used to talk about how a couple prograns tried to get him to leave after his frosh year, and he wasnt an all american or anything, a solid college player for sure but never drafted etc.

Reactions: cwobrien11
Paying a guy almost a million that can't shoot well to be a third string pg for our team as a walkon since we are already at the scholarship limit. I believe it. Fully. Good find OP.

Paying a guy almost a million that can't shoot well to be a third string pg for our team as a walkon since we are already at the scholarship limit. I believe it. Fully. Good find OP.

You understand how this would work though, right?

If tampering occurred, it would 100% be contingent on whether the UNC coaches thought that Love was leaving. Obviously there would be no need to find another lead guard if Love is returning.

Also, I'm sure Trimble will be a fine point guard. But, I wouldn't hesitate to take a sophomore Tyrese Hunter over a freshman Trimble.

You understand how this would work though, right?

If tampering occurred, it would 100% be contingent on whether the UNC coaches thought that Love was leaving. Obviously there would be no need to find another lead guard if Love is returning.

Also, I'm sure Trimble will be a fine point guard. But, I wouldn't hesitate to take a sophomore Tyrese Hunter over a freshman Trimble.

Davis is going to be the point guard regardless. He was the primary PG when UNC started to play better so Hubert would be foolish to change that up, but I get that it was sort of a two headed dribbling machine in terms of Davis and Love running things.

But yes, although the coaches right now think Love is staying, if they thought he was probably leaving they would actively be seeking out someone who may potentially take his place. They have talked to players who have entered the portal anyway of course. It would be foolish not to.

Sounds like he and KU have mutual interest.

OP, how badly will you melt down if this happens?

Hey Duke fans, are those dudes playing one of those Magic type games or D&D or something?

Dude, you‘re a single digit handicap. Who gives a shit if you can add 2 and 2?

Tyrese, come on dooooown…

Give Iowa St fans something to really bitch about 🤣

We are in the running for this player, but I kinda don't like poaching someone else player.
Strange comment after creating a thread to celebrate poaching a player from Indiana St. If you should feel badly about anything, it should be that. He was probably their only good player.

I’d enjoy the misery of Iowa St fans in this instance. They’re possibly more obnoxious than Missouri fans.

Like it or not, NIL and the portal is here to stay. Players are going to seek the best deals, and in many cases, they should.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Strange comment after creating a thread to celebrate poaching a player from Indiana St. If you should feel badly about anything, it should be that. He was probably their only good player.

I’d enjoy the misery of Iowa St fans in this instance. They’re possibly more obnoxious than Missouri fans.

Like it or not, NIL and the portal is here to stay. Players are going to seek the best deals, and in many cases, they should.
The Indiana st. Kid didn’t play last season and hasn’t played in a competitive game in 2 years. He announced he was transferring quite a while ago. Well before season was even completed

I didn't look at it as a celebration or brag. I recognize that some of you keep up with players talent much better than I do and was throwing it out there to see what this guy was about.

I don't NIL, but realize it is here and have been consistent regarding it.

I didn't look at it as a celebration or brag. I recognize that some of you keep up with players talent much better than I do and was throwing it out there to see what this guy was about.

I don't NIL, but realize it is here and have been consistent regarding it.
Every school is going to have players transferring in and out. Heck, Iowa St took a KU player last year.

I'm not a fan of tampering, but once they're in the portal, I don't see any reason to feel bad about recruiting them.

Reactions: Villian07
Ha, I haven't been playing like one so far this year. Going through some swing tweaks and just this weekend finally got down into the 70s.
fake-tears-fake-cry.gif

I throw myself a party any time I get under 80. That said, I am fairly confident I am playing the best golf of my life right now. I’ve probably broken 90 5 times my whole life. 2 of them have come this year so far.

Every school is going to have players transferring in and out. Heck, Iowa St took a KU player last year.

I'm not a fan of tampering, but once they're in the portal, I don't see any reason to feel bad about recruiting them.
I understand that it's all legal and everything, but I still don't like it.

fake-tears-fake-cry.gif

I throw myself a party any time I get under 80. That said, I am fairly confident I am playing the best golf of my life right now. I’ve probably broken 90 5 times my whole life. 2 of them have come this year so far.

That's awesome. Any time you start off the year playing well it's a good sign.

I'm late to this thread and didn't read half the messages but tampering doesn't exist in college does it? With the portal, NIL and immediate eligibility they should probably have one soon

I understand that it's all legal and everything, but I still don't like it.
I dont either. But at rhe end of the day i want to win, and u need good players to do so.

Whats up with powell? Hes from north oldham near Louisville. He can obv shoot it, but his double transfer now is kinda alarming. Also sorry ablut BHH, too much potential to pss up imo, plus lots of eligibility.

I dont either. But at rhe end of the day i want to win, and u need good players to do so.

Whats up with powell? Hes from north oldham near Louisville. He can obv shoot it, but his double transfer now is kinda alarming. Also sorry ablut BHH, too much potential to pss up imo, plus lots of eligibility.
Powell is just not that good. He is a step slower than others and his defense is suspect. He has a nice shot, but slow release. He is deadly if no one guards him, but it is rare when no one guards him.

BHH should be a nice pick up for y'all. He did not deserve more minutes last year, but you can see the potential in him going forward. He wanted guarantees that UT was not willing to give him.

Obv i dont watch UT like you, but i felt like BHH shoukd have played over fulk more. He def plaued better in the tourney imo. Fulk seemed to have regressed the past couple years imo. But i get it, fulk has exp.

Thanks for the input on powell. Seems like he could be effective in a certain role, but not very versatile from what youve told me.
Powell is just not that good. He is a step slower than others and his defense is suspect. He has a nice shot, but slow release. He is deadly if no one guards him, but it is rare when no one guards him.

BHH should be a nice pick up for y'all. He did not deserve more minutes last year, but you can see the potential in him going forward. He wanted guarantees that UT was not willing to give him.

Obv i dont watch UT like you, but i felt like BHH shoukd have played over fulk more. He def plaued better in the tourney imo. Fulk seemed to have regressed the past couple years imo. But i get it, fulk has exp.

Thanks for the input on powell. Seems like he could be effective in a certain role, but not very versatile from what youve told me.
I think Fulk got minutes based on dedication and loyalty to the program. He was less apt to foul too. That said, BHH is the more talented player by a mile.

Reactions: Villian07
Akeem Messidor (DE from WVU) was probably poached to Miami. Very sudden and suspicious move.
Yea the kid i talked about signed with bama after his visit, and their were rumors on the home board bama was trying ro get him before he even entered the portal. And that made its way to a message board so no telling all the hush hush stuff goin around.

dude gorbpoached by miami bc the got a billionaire heading up their NIL (not to say he wasnt tampered with as well)

We are all the same, brothers from another mother.

We root for different teams but we're the same.

Can't convince me otherwise.

Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT