ADVERTISEMENT

***Sweet 16 - Sunday Games Thread***

Michigan playing well so far, maybe they can give Florida State a tougher game than I originally thought, this game may go down to the wire.

• Haha
Reactions: GOO_HAM
The Big 10 is flexing nuts!!!
I know there’s a lot of time left obviously, but I could see Michigan wining this one by 8-12 points. Florida state needs to make some adjustments on D, and they need to start going inside—-out more bc their game plan right now is a turnover waiting to happen.

Reactions: hawkit3113
The two fouls on Gray are huge, have to find some outside shooting to stem the tide because he won't be back until the 2nd half. Not sure why we are playing smith so hard on the dribble, he hurts us way more as a stepback three point shooter than he does finishing over size inside

I know there’s a lot of time left obviously, but I could see Michigan wining this one by 8-12 points. Florida state needs to make some adjustments on D, and they need to start going inside—-out more bc their game plan right now is a turnover waiting to happen.
We'll make our run, probably before the half is over. The question is, can we string together enough possessions in a row of points and stops on the other end

Reactions: UL_1986
Yeah, I thought the first call was awful but once you have one pay smart.
Yeah, the falling charge has to disappear from the college game, its too easy of a draw for the official and when you talk about how guys go after the dribbler, if they don't put that arm up to shield themselves with tension, it leads to a turnover. So they get punished if its up and their body motion is moving in that direction and the guy flops

Yeah, the falling charge has to disappear from the college game, its too easy of a draw for the official and when you talk about how guys go after the dribbler, if they don't put that arm up to shield themselves with tension, it leads to a turnover. So they get punished if its up and their body motion is moving in that direction and the guy flops

So does whatever the hell they called Dickinson for.

Have them change the rule book I guess? That's clearly a blindside pick that you aren't allowed to do. I don't think Michigan fans can complain about the foul situation in this game

Yes. Gray pushing off with his forearm is/should be more of a foul than the screen Dickinson set.

There are going to be bad/missed calls going both ways. If you watch in slow motion, on most possessions. It is called college basketball.

Yes. Gray pushing off with his forearm is/should be more of a foul than the screen Dickinson set.
LOL, they are mutually exclusive, I'm just saying it's an easy way for the defender to draw a foul on an important player and they are going to get it generally most of the time. Calhoun had no idea the guy was there and didn't "draw" the foul

LOL, they are mutually exclusive, I'm just saying it's an easy way for the defender to draw a foul on an important player and they are going to get it generally most of the time. Calhoun had no idea the guy was there and didn't "draw" the foul

You are allowed to say both calls suck. It won't change your fanhood.

The defender jumps into him as he drives and it looks like it is a push off. It's just a guy selling something that he actually creates, which is why I hate it so much. I think there needs to be a serious effort to get out the calls where guys fool officials. It is too damaging to the game IMO.

Regardless, Michigan isn't smacking FSU because of that call obviously. There is a reason they are a 1 seed and they are showing why at this point. Bad calls are just something for us message board nerds to discuss. They seldom really impact who is controlling a game.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
That Michigan is the kind of team who can scare the Zags a little. Not sure they are good enough offensively to beat them but they can at least give them a game.

Reactions: UL_1986
We just got two starters in foul trouble and the bench isn't responding. The only good thing so far is that Balsa is playing well and has just 1 foul. Played as bad as I can imagine, obviously the opponent is apart of that, just have to settle down

I LOVE his rebounding. This year's team is surprisingly deep.

Last year we had NO wing depth once Livers got hurt. This year we could sustain that a little better. Crazy to think how we'd look if we had a healthy Livers shooting 44% from three in games like this where we are getting looks.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT