ADVERTISEMENT

***Sweet 16 - Saturday Games Thread***

Tough loss for Oral Robert’s, but they led at the half and took Arkansas to the wire. I think Florida gulf coast lost by double digit in the sweet 16 back in 2013, so this is still the best run ever by a 15th seed.

Reactions: HawgPound
Like the tourney?
200.gif

And Houston vs Syracuse next, if the latter wins we will have the highest combined seeds ever in an elite 8 game, 11 vs 12.

Houston has a better chance to blow out Syracuse then Baylor did with Villanova
Baylor was 3-19 from three....Something like 26 of their 2nd half points came in the paint. Couldn't throw it in the ocean.

Still won by 11.

Game was tied 41-41....Then Baylor put on their big boy pants....Nova doesn't have the same size big boy pants...Once Baylor went up 6----it was curtains. Baylor unleashed that "D"---Nova turned it over like 5 straight times..

Remember that 3-19? Just imagine had Baylor hit their norm. Yikes.

Baylors "A" game is 15+ points better than Nova's....Didn't have that tonight. No problem---Their C+ game was good enough.

Miss me with that shit.

I have played basketball long enough and been around the game to know people don't miss unless the defense forces them...

No such thing as an off shooting night.

It is an excuse. Give Villanova credit
Riiiiiiiiiight....Because no player/teams have ever missed wide open shots...

You're a fukin joke.

Miss me with that shit.

I have played basketball long enough and been around the game to know people don't miss unless the defense forces them...

No such thing as an off shooting night.

It is an excuse. Give Villanova credit

No such thing as an off shooting night. RollLaugh

Earlier you said that you didn’t like the Ark spread because ORU’s best player had a bad game the first time.

No credit to Arkansas but credit to Nova for making Baylor miss wide open shots?

Interesting...

Riiiiiiiiiight....Because no player/teams have ever missed wide open shots...

You're a fukin joke.

Once again...
There are different type of 3 point shots.

The issue for Baylor was that Villanova was preventing penetration and forcing Baylor to launch threes

None of those misses for the most part were wide open shots.
They were an iso play

No such thing as an off shooting night. RollLaugh

Earlier you said that you didn’t like the Ark spread because ORU’s best player had a bad game.

No credit to Arkansas but credit to Nova for making Baylor miss wide open shots?

Interesting...

For the most part those weren't wide open shots

The point was Abmas only scored 11 against Arkansas

You can contain an elite player but for the most part it is difficult to do that every game

Too many people picking Cuse. I think Houston gets out to an early lead and hangs on to it til the end for the win.

Houston didn’t look that impressive to me last week. They looked like....a team whose best player is Quentin Grimes.

Once again...
There are different type of 3 point shots.

The issue for Baylor was that Villanova was preventing penetration and forcing Baylor to launch threes

None of those misses for the most part were wide open shots.
They were an iso play
Baylor missed at least 5 wide open looks off kick outs...If not more. Missed a few very good looks on the break as well..

Dude---they had an off night. This does happen. And yes sometimes, many times I guess, that is due to the other team. And yeah, Nova was really good defensively, and caused some issues. But they did not cause a 3-19 issue.

For the most part those weren't wide open shots

The point was Abmas only scored 11 against Arkansas

You can contain an elite player but for the most part it is difficult to do that every game

And it would be damn hard for Nova to hold the best 3-pt shooting team in the nation to 19% again, wouldn’t it?

ADVERTISEMENT