ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet 16 re-seeded

I don’t get these types of lists. Like... WVU a 1 because they beat Marshall & Murray State? What?
They’ve always based it on how dominant teams have looked in the first 2 rounds. Not necessarily by how good the wins were. Those 1 seeds had no issues this past weekend and won comfortably.

Edit - “They’ve” meaning ESPN. They do this every year.

They’ve always based it on how dominant teams have looked in the first 2 rounds. Not necessarily by how good the wins were. Those 1 seeds had no issues this past weekend and won comfortably.

Edit - “They’ve” meaning ESPN. They do this every year.
Gotcha.

I don’t get these types of lists. Like... WVU a 1 because they beat Marshall & Murray State? What?

Yeah but they are also basing it off of how hard WVU is to prepare for in a tournament setting. Of course now Villanova will have a full week to prepare for the press.

At this point, toss the seedings out the window because they don't matter anymore. Show up and be ready to go to war for at least 40 minutes. If you aren't ready or you you don't bring it, your ass is going home earlier than you'd like.

dJuySO.gif

WVU’s record justifiies a 5 seed and I don’t get ESPiN’s logic here.

I believe when they talk about reseeding, they mean that, if the tourney was only 16 teams, how would the teams that are left be seeded, 1-4.

KU 5-1 against teams seeded higher in this article.

Reactions: KisteK
I believe when they talk about reseeding, they mean that, if the tourney was only 16 teams, how would the teams that are left be seeded, 1-4.
Yeah, that doesn't even explain how they reseeded things. Purdue a 3 seed after beating a tough Butler team without their starting center? It's just a click bait item. Kansas a 3? The teams that won handily did so vs teams that played as poor as they played well.

Yeah, that doesn't even explain how they reseeded things. Purdue a 3 seed after beating a tough Butler team without their starting center? It's just a click bait item. Kansas a 3? The teams that won handily did so vs teams that played as poor as they played well.
Yeah but Purdue is going to be playing without their starting center for the rest of the tournament right? So why shouldn't they take that into account when re-seeding the tournament. Also... yeah it's obviously click bait.

I think Michigan is the best team left on the left side of the bracket. Hopefully the team starts playing like it. Not going to advance playing the way Michigan played in games 1 and 2.

I think Michigan is the best team left on the left side of the bracket. Hopefully the team starts playing like it. Not going to advance playing the way Michigan played in games 1 and 2.

Enjoy their last game next week.

Seems so weird to have Michigan's defense ranked a lot higher than their offense. Usually flipped bigtime.

Yeah but Purdue is going to be playing without their starting center for the rest of the tournament right? So why shouldn't they take that into account when re-seeding the tournament. Also... yeah it's obviously click bait.
Because Haarms is a really good substitute and there is no way that Purdue isn’t one of the best 8 teams left. If you want to go with odds of winning it all, fine since they have to go through TT and Nova/WVU, but that is a different argument.

Last edited:
Because Haarms is a really good substitute and there is no way that Purdue isn’t one of the best 8 teams left. If you want to go with odds of winning it all, fine since they have to go through TT and Nova, but that is a different argument.

Ahem.....

Reactions: KisteK
KU is 4th in the polls, but 10th best in the Sweet 16. Good call, Medcalf.

Its based on how we have played so far.....so, it bodes well that we are in the sweet 16 and haven't really played all that well. Clemson will give us a huge battle.......for some reason I feel like if we can make it past them, this might be one of those unexpected special years b/c I really like our matchup with Duke. I only say that b/c I feel like that big of a game will bring out the best in our team and coach Self.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Its based on how we have played so far.....so, it bodes well that we are in the sweet 16 and haven't really played all that well. Clemson will give us a huge battle.......for some reason I feel like if we can make it past them, this might be one of those unexpected special years b/c I really like our matchup with Duke. I only say that b/c I feel like that big of a game will bring out the best in our team and coach Self.

It’s already been explained and that poster still can’t grasp it. You’re wasting your time.

Reactions: toonces11
It’s already been explained and that poster still can’t grasp it. You’re wasting your time.
Sometimes it makes me want to jump off a cliff when fans of different teams take every slight so personal. If you cant see the faults of your own team or be somewhat rational about the probability of your team winning----it really sucks to go back and forth with those posters. Its like a fukcing mortal sin to see how another team could be better than your own

I still say it's ridiculous. I hate KU as much as the next K-State guy and want to hear Bill stutter his way through another press conference after a loss. But KU has worked over a significant number of teams in this Sweet 16. I think we have greatly undervalued how good KU is.

Reactions: 78Cyclones
I still say it's ridiculous. I hate KU as much as the next K-State guy and want to hear Bill stutter his way through another press conference after a loss. But KU has worked over a significant number of teams in this Sweet 16. I think we have greatly undervalued how good KU is.
I did for sure, maybe it was Dok being hurt or their lack of depth or that it's natural to compare them to past Kansas teams but they're a pretty scary team right now. I'm in a pool of 60 people and ONE guy has Kansas winning, pretty crazy futures ticket he's holding with that

It has already been explained multiple times. The seeding is based entirely on how teams looked in their two tournament games. That is it. No other games count in this seeding.

this reseeding business is good for message board debate, but imo it's bullshit. Say if they reseeding as per ESPN Nova is 1 and K-State is 16, it's just unfair to K-State bc like everybody else all they did was beat the team in front of them to get to S16.

Kentucky is a tall order especially without their best player, and now ESPN wants them to play arguably the best team left in the tourney. It's just unfair.

Reactions: gocats5611
this reseeding business is good for message board debate, but imo it's bullshit. Say if they reseeding as per ESPN Nova is 1 and K-State is 16, it's just unfair to K-State bc like everybody else all they did was beat the team in front of them to get to S16.

Kentucky is a tall order especially without their best player, and now ESPN wants them to play arguably the best team left in the tourney. It's just unfair.

no shit

I would say the best 3 teams left in order are Nova, Duke, Kentucky. How you would seed Clemson there defies logic. Fortunately, none of this even matters. But I demand acknowledgment of my feigned offense!

I would say the best 3 teams left in order are Nova, Duke, Kentucky. How you would seed Clemson there defies logic. Fortunately, none of this even matters. But I demand acknowledgment of my feigned offense!

It's not re-seeded based on how good they think the teams are going forward. It's based entirely on how the teams looked in the two tournament games up to this point. Clemson just thrashed Auburn by like 45 points and you think it defies logic to consider that an impressive win?

What made you throw uk in with duke and nova? Besides blatant homerism.

Reactions: tw3301 and VulvHa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT