ADVERTISEMENT

Superstitions?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Does anyone believe in them? Family or articles of clothing being bad luck?

If it was proven a family was bad luck, would you ban them from watching a game in your house?

Walk in the room, they score, walk out you score. back and forth.

Not sports related but when I was on the fire dept and got old enough to respond on my own(18) I had a shirt I loved. Wore it once and there was a fatal car wreck. Next time I wore it.... another but it was even worse. I never wore it again.

• Wow
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
There is a road In Lexington I don’t like traveling on anymore. I’ve been sideswiped in a hit and run which spun me out and totaled my car. Got a speeding ticket close to that same spot. Been in a fight with the wife and told her to pull over so I got out and she drove off.

it’s not been kind.

Do you all remember Game hats?

I abused that hat (90's). Been in situations where I've went back for it.

It just ended up tearing to shreds.

I'm a hockey player so of course I have superstitions.

-I always put clothes on R side first and then left. same goes for when I put on hockey gear.

-If I'm watching the ATL Hawks and they win I don't wash the shirt I'm wearing and I wear it for the next game. And so on and so on.

-Used to have to have the TV on at a certain volume during games. 23 for MJ.

I'm a hockey player so of course I have superstitions.

-I always put clothes on R side first and then left. same goes for when I put on hockey gear.

-If I'm watching the ATL Hawks and they win I don't wash the shirt I'm wearing and I wear it for the next game. And so on and so on.

-Used to have to have the TV on at a certain volume during games. 23 for MJ.
Given the fact you’ve said that you have had numerous back surgeries, I’d focus more on avoiding stepping on cracks and worry less about laundry day

I thought if you step on a crack you "break your momma's back" so I'm in the clear.

RMACK6E.gif

For me, and others, as umpires, I hate it when another umpire will say---"Man, this game is moving right along....."

Uggggh.................

First 6 innings take an hour and half----Next three take 2 months.

Fukin idiot. NEVER say how smooth a game is going. NEVER.

Basketball---Same thing.

Game day for me: Always pack travel bag:

1. Pants, shirts, Jacket. On left side---both pairs of shoes, shirt stirrup, whistles, furniture polish(shoes) , compression pants/shorts and two pairs of socks.
2. 15minutes before we go on the floor, I listen to "Stayin Alive(Bee Gee's).

3. ALways a prayer.

4. Never step on lines.

Baseball:

1. Pants, shirts/pullovers....Left side: Undershirts, ball bags, compression gear, gloves(if needed)..Hats

2. Undercarriage: Plate equipment. Left side of bag: turf shoes.....Right side: Non-turf.

3. Misc: always have red and blue pen.

4. 15 minutes before going on field----"Put me in Coach......"----Hell yeah.

NEVER STEP ON THE FUKIN FOUL/FAIR LINES. EVER.

Not anymore, Barnes has beaten UK 9 times and Cats are suppose to only have 9 lives and they are still around, so it don't matter how many times you kill them.

Myth busted... 😆

• Haha
Reactions: KerryRhodes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT