ADVERTISEMENT

Superstitions. (spelling)?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
First does anyone have an article of clothing that is directly tied to wins in the past?

2nd, I just got a new hat in the mail. No way I wear it right? gotta stick with the season hat?

Chairs are also important to me along with family. some family members just influence games too much. If I notice it, it's too much, you have to go in the other room. (inlaws)

Wearing an unwashed jockstrap that I had on the entire ‘11/‘12 season. Don’t want the mojo to escape. Good things coming our way. It’s not coming off ‘till/if we lose!

I'm not much for superstitions anymore. I used to make sure I had Cuse gear on for every game, even if I couldn't watch it for whatever reason, but forgot once and Cuse won, so I worry less about throwing on one of my 20 Cuse shirts.

Back when I was a kid, I'd go outside and shoot hoops until I made x amount in a row if SU was losing in the second half. The number I had to make before I'd go back inside to watch depended on how far behind the team was. I vividly remember missing the first 12 minutes of the 2nd half in 2003 when Cuse was down 17 to Auburn in the tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhmossy
I'm in the middle of an odd time, regarding this. I wore my Duke every single game for... jesus, twenty plus years or something? But then last year I misplaced it. I couldn't find it anywhere. Went through last season and most of this season without it. Finally found it (Huzzah!) and put it on for the next game... UNC @ Duke. Hm. Down goes Zion. So now I can't figure out... is the ring GOOD luck, because I've worn it for three titles, or bad luck, because of this?

When it comes to ME playing sports, yeah, I had a certain routine every time I got on the ice. Posts, crease, mask, etc.

I've eased up on all of the superstitions over the last 10 or so years. It was really bad late 90's early 2000's. Now, it's only if I miss the game, it's an automatic L :cool:

I am to an extent. My boy was pitching the other day and I was talking with some of the other dads and he got in a jam so I moved to a different position and he got out of it so stayed there the next inning. Small stuff like that. I don't really believe any of it though, just hard to break the habit at times. Just like crack.

I am to an extent. My boy was pitching the other day and I was talking with some of the other dads and he got in a jam so I moved to a different position and he got out of it so stayed there the next inning. Small stuff like that. I don't really believe any of it though, just hard to break the habit at times. Just like crack.

:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT