ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Betting

Yea baseball is insane. Every spread is 1.5 lol crazyness. I just wait to see whose gonna suck, like last year i faded the dbacks soooooo much

Yea baseball is insane. Every spread is 1.5 lol crazyness. I just wait to see whose gonna suck, like last year i faded the dbacks soooooo much
I’ll give you a hint on who to fade

BMore.gif

Betting baseball seems insane. Like betting hockey.

I’ll take the summer off and start betting again in Fall.

The hallmark of somebody with a gambling problem and probably mental health issues is betting on golf, though. If you do that, you’re lost forever.
I made a shit ton on the ryder cup.

Betting the totals on baseball can sometimes do you well if you dig deep enough into the stats and trends
Best bets for baseball are parlaying alt run totals and alt spreads for favorites.

If you got a line you like or a couple, but you need just one more bet to push you into + odds, then look at something like Dodgers +3.5 or +4.5, whatever you can get.

Another is team totals, like for example the Cardinals had what was probably a historic streak of scoring under 8 runs each game. And usually betting StL U8.5 or even U7.5 was safer than taking Dodgers ML (or name another big favorite last year) as part of a parlay.

I'm sure others had a better formula, but that's about all that worked for me.

As for this year, I would like to get on some Win Totals before those go away. Not sure on which ones to bet though quite yet.

Also, for hockey use a similar approach. Start with Both Teams to Score 1+ Goals, especially in Minnesota Wild games and you've got yourself a solid start on a parlay.

A little bit riskier if you're not quite familiar with the teams would be alt spreads. For example, my Anaheim Ducks are tanking trash cans right now, so while betting their opponents' ML is currently a good option....a safer one would be to bet their opponents at +2.5, +3, +3.5 depending on how low the odds get.

Sometimes you can get +3.5 at lets say -1200 to -1400, and other times you can get +2.5 at much better than that, to roughly -1400 (again all depending on the matchups).

The VAST majority of the time, a bad hockey team is not going to beat another team by 3 or 4 goals.

But again, this is about adding legs to a parlay to help bump it towards that Over +100 territory.

Anybody else looking forward to the baseball betting season? In the meantime, the account got frustratingly low so I emptied it on the Lakers at a +20.5 alt spread tonight.
Bet on the BaseVols, they are ass kickers.

I bet baseball in the summer by default just because there's not much else aside from NASCAR and golf. Would much rather be betting college basketball/football and NFL though.

Just cashed out at 19 cents on the dollar. ****ing Lakers.
Wait, so you put money on the Lakers +20.5 before the game started? That had to be a shitty payout since the regular line was Dallas -12. Too much risk for very little reward on bets like that. Then it sounds like you cut your losses during the game when they were getting destroyed and took what little payout was offered, but you would've won the bet had you left it alone since they only lost by 18? 🤔

I’ll bet on NBA playoffs and golf. I did really well with The Players, had Cam Smith in the top 5 and also nailed that the winner wouldn’t be in the final group.

I’ll bet on NBA playoffs and golf. I did really well with The Players, had Cam Smith in the top 5 and also nailed that the winner wouldn’t be in the final group.
Ditto with golf and basketball. You couldn't PAY ME to watch baseball on TV. Btw, I am hearing some Master's rumblings about a guy named Tiger..

Reactions: GE Nole
You guys have an insane pitcher. Saw some of his highlights last night. Don't remember the name, but he was throwing 104. Faster than any pitcher from the majors last year.
Ben Joyce, he has a heater, but he has good off speed stuff and great control too. We have some great pitching. Basevols have taken some of the disappointment of the NCAA easier.

Ditto with golf and basketball. You couldn't PAY ME to watch baseball on TV. Btw, I am hearing some Master's rumblings about a guy named Tiger..

He’s definitely trying. We will see.

Agree about baseball on tv. Love a good day at the ball park. Would rather watch two lizards hump on the screen porch than baseball on tv.

Edit** to say that the college World Series can be decently entertaining.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I hardly bet on anything, but he still moves the needle for golf. It will be huge if he plays.
He might get the buzz going but his dominance is long gone, injuries or no injuries. Plus he's one of the oldest players on tour now. The guys in their 20s and early 30s run the show now.

He might get the buzz going but his dominance is long gone, injuries or no injuries. Plus he's one of the oldest players on tour now. The guys in their 20s and early 30s run the show now.
I don't think anyone would argue late 40's Tiger is as good as late 20's Tiger. But his impact on the game is still just as great. It really doesn't matter how many young guys get good at golf. They will never move the needle like Tiger, in any stage of his career.

Sure all that is true. But the evidence still shows his participation increases viewership and, over long term, revenue.

Regarding golf betting, you can bet almost anything you want. Bet a guy to finish top 20, bet to win, bet to lead after round 1, bet to beat another person heads up, bet to miss the cut, bet to shoot higher or lower than a specific score. So it’s a pretty wide range.

Sure all that is true. But the evidence still shows his participation increases viewership and, over long term, revenue.

Regarding golf betting, you can bet almost anything you want. Bet a guy to finish top 20, bet to win, bet to lead after round 1, bet to beat another person heads up, bet to miss the cut, bet to shoot higher or lower than a specific score. So it’s a pretty wide range.
Indeed, and I do bet a wide range of things in golf. The match play event last week was fun.

Emptied the account on Brooklyn -5 tonight against the Knicks. Feel pretty good about it.

Emptied the account on Brooklyn -5 tonight against the Knicks. Feel pretty good about it.
Bovada has Nets -7, shady bastards. It's a huge game for them to stay in that #8 position to get the 7/8 play-in game and the Knicks are already eliminated so they probably don't give a shit. Then again it's a crosstown rivalry so the opportunity to play a bit of a spoiler role is there too.

Bovada has Nets -7, shady bastards. It's a huge game for them to stay in that #8 position to get the 7/8 play-in game and the Knicks are already eliminated so they probably don't give a shit. Then again it's a crosstown rivalry so the opportunity to play a bit of a spoiler role is there too.
This was my thinking, and I’m pretty glad to hear I cashed in on some good odds. I don’t trust Thibs to play dead, but here’s to hoping the Knicks are checked out

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
This was my thinking, and I’m pretty glad to hear I cashed in on some good odds. I don’t trust Thibs to play dead, but here’s to hoping the Knicks are checked out
Now the line is back down to 5 on Bovada. 🤔 🤔 🤔

Anyway, I took the Nets too. 😂

Reactions: WojoRising
Also taking Mavericks @ Pistons O218.5 tonight, and Brewers @ Cubs U10.5 tomorrow

I love baseball season. This is where I clean up. College football a close second. College basketball is a fools errand to bet on anymore. I usually scan during the season for anything that stands out ie the O/U on the natty was at 152. That was free money on the under. But yes, I pretty well bet several parlays every day on MLB. Money making season is here

Hella nice day tho, huge comback by the nets.

live bets are my faves, ill wait till a big fave gets down early, like uk did alot this year, get that +ML and roll em hard. Granted not like it works every time.
If only I had the guts
ML

I love baseball season. This is where I clean up. College football a close second. College basketball is a fools errand to bet on anymore. I usually scan during the season for anything that stands out ie the O/U on the natty was at 152. That was free money on the under. But yes, I pretty well bet several parlays every day on MLB. Money making season is here

What makes you say betting college basketball is a fools errand?

And what’s your secret sauce in baseball?

Id be leary of unders in baseball early on, apparently the shortened spring training is a big advantage to the hitters as opposed to the pitchers.

might wanna look into the best bullpens as well bc i doubt anyone will throw their starters a bunch of innings early with the short spring training.

I like cbball(actually my fave along with european soccer, NFL is my kryptonite

Not who u quoted but in baseball i parlay the run lines on games with heavy faves. Like today i havent looked at all the games but padres -1.5 vs dbacks looks good.

Usually i wait a month or so tho and see whose good and whose terrible. Also u can jump on trends like the rays last year won 10-15 straight iirc at one point.

Everyone has their thing. Find yours. I've got a buddy who owns a race horse now here just off profits he made at Keeneland. A good day for me at the track is getting my bourbon and burgoo paid for.

Baseball is my sport. I know it and this is go time for me.

ADVERTISEMENT