Stupid early odds to win the 2022 NCAA tournament

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
EyTHBW-WUAQI940

• Wow
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
No way should Baylor be that high as of now. They're probably losing almost everybody that matters. They'd need to find several impact transfers to be at that level again.

Reactions: wesr
@AuHoosier420

Where's Auburn? I heard they're going to be elite for sure.

Torvik has them at 36 in his preseason rankings right now. Must be some kind of mistake.

I disagree about UCLA.

Matters who is there on their roster

They are tough because they have multiple scorers. Hard team to defend.

I saw them before the tournament as a team who could cause trouble.

You add a solid PG who takes care of the ball you have a great basketball team

The question becomes how strong is the culture....
Cronin likes to play a certain way and that has to carry over no matter who is on the roster.
Getting big time recruits to buy in

The kid they have coming in from Long Beach is legit
This is coming from people who really know the game and very rarely are wrong about high school players

I disagree about UCLA.

Matters who is there on their roster

They are tough because they have multiple scorers. Hard team to defend.

I saw them before the tournament as a team who could cause trouble.

You add a solid PG who takes care of the ball you have a great basketball team

The question becomes how strong is the culture....
Cronin likes to play a certain way and that has to carry over no matter who is on the roster.
Getting big time recruits to buy in

The kid they have coming in from Long Beach is legit
This is coming from people who really know the game and very rarely are wrong about high school players
They already have a PG with a stellar A/TO ratio. Also, if Juzang is smart he'll bolt while his stock is soaring. He could be a lotto pick this year.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
They already have a PG with a stellar A/TO ratio. Also, if Juzang is smart he'll bolt while his stock is soaring. He could be a lotto pick this year.

We will see with who is on the roster.
Jaquez and even Bernard are both capable scorers

If you watched them you also saw that kid Clark who looks like he has a tremendous ceiling as well.

Even if Juzang bounces there is enough there for them to out together a team capable of playing winning basketball

My cock. Still firmly in your throat I see

"Firmly" is a strong choice of words. It's like it wasn't even there. Could be why your old lady prefers the dildo.

Still taking bets on a final four appearance?

This will be the most talented Michigan team since the Burke season. That was the last time we were preseason top 5. Gotta see who returns first but top 5 preseason is probably fair.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I’ll give anyone double odds if they want Louisville. 28-1 is wayyyyy to high.

And we don’t even know if carlik and DJ are coming back.

Actually I guess they are hedging in case both do return bc then 28-1 isn’t so far fetched. I fear we lose em both tho.

People are putting way too much stock into UCLA's Final Four run. They got hot at the right time and made a nice run, but they were not a great team, nor will they be next year.
Wait what Kev? They gelled at the right time and beat MSU, BYU, Bama, Michigan and almost beat Bama.

How is that not enough of a sample size to think UCLA’s a top 10 team?

Do you think that 2017 Cocks team with Thornwell was a fluke? If they restarted that tourney, they’d be a top 10 team easily.

CBB teams can improve rapidly in weeks, these are young kids we’re talking about and chemistry can take time to develop.

Be like sc if Thornwell and Dozier returned the next season??? Lost me

We don’t even know who they will and won’t have.

Wait what Kev? They gelled at the right time and beat MSU, BYU, Bama, Michigan and almost beat Bama.

How is that not enough of a sample size to think UCLA’s a top 10 team?

Do you think that 2017 Cocks team with Thornwell was a fluke? If they restarted that tourney, they’d be a top 10 team easily.

CBB teams can improve rapidly in weeks, these are young kids we’re talking about and chemistry can take time to develop.
2017 SC was definitely a fluke and before UCLA won 5 tourney games they lost 4 in a row to finish the conference season.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
This will be the most talented Michigan team since the Burke season. That was the last time we were preseason top 5. Gotta see who returns first but top 5 preseason is probably fair.
With Smith and Brown gone, do you think that your PG play will be better than last year?

I'm normally all for preseason rankings and stuff, and I kind of roll my eyes when haters gleefully call them "pointless" ... but this offseason is especially strange, and teams are going to look WAY different. I can only talk about my own team (Illinois) with any real knowledge, but Illinois is currently probably looking at a range of not ranked at all with just our current committed roster to 20-25 if Frazier does indeed come back to 15-20 if Miller returns as some expect to a bona fide top 10 team if Kofi returns. That is a very wild swing.

People are putting way too much stock into UCLA's Final Four run. They got hot at the right time and made a nice run, but they were not a great team, nor will they be next year.
it's OK, you don't have to know a lot about basketball to post on this forum.......

ADVERTISEMENT