ADVERTISEMENT

Store Clerk Collapses, Robbed

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
Interesting story I read over on the football board. Thought I'd share with you good people.

Three males in Washington state are seen on camera ignoring a store clerk who collapsed in front of them from an apparent medical issue, with the two young ones choosing instead to step around him to rob the store.

The unidentified clerk is in critical condition at a hospital fighting for his life, authorities said. The man suffered a heart attack, according to ABC affiliate KOMO in Seattle. The clerk is on life support at an Auburn hospital, KOMO reported.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/young-males-ignoring-store-clerk-collapses-front-rob/story?id=57742673

Last edited:
wtf were they arguing about before he ran into a wall and knocked himself out.

Awful. Just sad...and scary, TBH. People that show no emotion for another life, is scary. And I'll probably catch hell for tgis...But so what. But by the actions of the clerk, and their actions. They were probably considering robbing the place to start with.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Awful. Just sad...and scary, TBH. People that show no emotion for another life, is scary. And I'll probably catch hell for tgis...But so what. But by the actions of the clerk, and their actions. They were probably considering robbing the place to start with.
I don't think so,it seemed normal at first. I think their young undeveloped minds saw an opportunity. The first guy(under shirt guy) left and the second one (red) wanted to leave, but come back for some reason. 3rd guy clearly saw the opportunity.

I chalk this up to "why the **** did i just do that moment" that some young people have.

I don't think so,it seemed normal at first. I think their young undeveloped minds saw an opportunity. The first guy(under shirt guy) left and the second one wanted to leave, but come back for some reason. 3rd guy clearly saw the opportunity.
Meh. Clerk was getting in their asses about something. That's why felt maybe trouble was brewing.

For the lawyers here, can they be charged with manslaughter by not helping? Being the clerk dies.

I think they were stealing a slim Jim. No shit.

Reactions: Da_Bull
For the lawyers here, can they be charged with manslaughter by not helping? Being the clerk dies.
Pretty sure they can. Should be. That's shameful. Gutless. That's a person that has just collapsed...In front of you. For someone like you or me, are first thought is to help. That's NORMAL, human nature. It's seriously scary to see people react like this.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
^its a prime example of how people are raised and the values they had growing up. Stealing a slim Jim... dumb, but shit happens. I’ve pocketed shit from a gas station being young and dumb. But not helping a dying person....and returning multiple times stepping over dying person—-shows how bad some people are being raised. At any age above five—-you know what to do. They should def be held accountable if the guy dies. Their actions directly led to his condition. The lack of simple compassion is appalling.

I'm certainly not a lawyer but I can't imagine they could be charge with something like that by omission.
They could be if a prosecutor feels their actions led to his heart attack. In common law there really isn't anything that obliges you to help. There are a few exceptions. One of them being the situation I outlined. In tort law there is, "a duty to rescue".

They could be if a prosecutor feels their actions led to his heart attack. In common law there really isn't anything that obliges you to help. There are a few exceptions. One of them being the situation I outlined. In tort law there is, "a duty to rescue".

Maybe. I studied law a little in graduate school and intent often was as important as cause in some cases. Tort is usually more civil, right? It doesn't always equate legal responsibility. It's been a long time since though so I could be completely wrong. I mean, I'm all for it. They should be held accountable in some way.

They were. Just to the wrong people. Imagine the laughs they got out of this with their buddies???

I doubt that... even if you are dick enough to do that, my guess is, especially since two of them were hesitating, that this is more likely to be one of those things that they look back on with embarrassment and shame.

I doubt that... even if you are dick enough to do that, my guess is, especially since two of them were hesitating, that this is more likely to be one of those things that they look back on with embarrassment and shame.

Maybe for those two. I don't think so for the other guy though.

"No cultures glorify getting away with crime"

Mmmmmmmmmmmk.

More like didn’t want to get caught

I don't think the older guy(wife beater shirt) should get anything.Yeah, he didn't help, he just left.

I don't think the older guy(wife beater shirt) should get anything.Yeah, he didn't help, he just left.
yeah if he wasn't with the other 2 I agree, but I think he may have been. If not he saw the argument, then the clerk turn and run into a wall... probably thought he knocked himself out and went... **** this I'm out.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah....Dude they stepped over a dying person 3 or 4 times. I doubt "embarrassment and shame" are in their vocabularies.

ADVERTISEMENT