ADVERTISEMENT

Stolen Valor

I’ve never been around military people to know this, but do you really get that much more privilege if military? Might need to up my fatigue game.

I’ve never been around military people to know this, but do you really get that much more privilege if military? Might need to up my fatigue game.

Some places you do. Like discounts with food, reserved parking, other discounts, etc....

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Some places. I've gotten in free at State Parks before, because of being a veteran. Some places will ask if you're a vet, and if so, and can show proof, they'll give a discount. Just depends

When I was younger I used my brother's Marine id to get into clubs. I've stolen his identity a few times. ie. going on a beer run (dry counties), and me and my friend were both underage. The place sold it to us, but we got pulled over afterwards. He asked if we were 21 (16/17 were our ages at the time), and I said "yes sir". "let me see your id". "officer I don't have it but I can give you my(brothers) social number. "be careful on your way home.".

Keep in mind the back seat was completely stocked with beer/liquor.

Some places. I've gotten in free at State Parks before, because of being a veteran. Some places will ask if you're a vet, and if so, and can show proof, they'll give a discount. Just depends
I used to work at a wine & spirits shop in my early 20s, we offered a 5% discount for veterans.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
It’s an interesting take from a mod perspective considering a posters past on here.
giphy.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I doubt what team a person cheers for in a sporting event has any bearing on their character. Your unwarranted disparaging comments are more telling than ones fandom.
I doubt that actual veterans who suffer from PTSD, depression, TBI, homelessness, unemployment, Suicide, divorce, who can’t get decent medical care, etc. give two ****s about your stance on “stolen valor”. My disparaging remarks on IU fans is a jab. You speaking for veterans is a joke. I have two sons who actually served - they really don’t care what your stance is on the subject.

I doubt what team a person cheers for in a sporting event has any bearing on their character. Your unwarranted disparaging comments are more telling than ones fandom.
I’d agree, hell I thought you were an IU fam after seeing how much you posted on the IU free board. I’d say from my experience after IU it’s OSU and Maryland. Ohio being one of the most white trash states and Maryland of course due to throwing batteries at games. The rest I haven’t had a bad interaction with.
Interesting take by you on Ohio State and Maryland fans. LOL.

I doubt that actual veterans who suffer from PTSD, depression, TBI, homelessness, unemployment, Suicide, divorce, who can’t get decent medical care, etc. give two ****s about your stance on “stolen valor”. My disparaging remarks on IU fans is a jab. You speaking for veterans is a joke. I have two sons who actually served - they really don’t care what your stance is on the subject.

Were you drinking again? It’s never gonna fill that void. If you ever need help don’t be afraid to reach out.

You reply at 3:43am? Meth cooks never sleep.

Was up for a morning workout before heading to the office to tie up some loose ends. Not all of us are retired and can drink like a fish. Get well buddy.

Was up for a morning workout before heading to the office to tie up some loose ends. Not all of us are retired and can drink like a fish. Get well buddy.
Sorry for the late reply - just finished my third workout after volunteering at the food bank and before working on my doctoral thesis.

I am currently serving and care about his stance on the subject. So GFY pig

Sorry for the late reply - just finished my third workout after volunteering at the food bank and before working on my doctoral thesis.

Dipping into the sauce 2 nights in a row. It’s ok to have an actual conversation with people on here without being so combative.

Dipping into the sauce 2 nights in a row. It’s ok to have an actual conversation with people on here without being so combative.
TBH I’m not interested in having a convo with you. You’re free to ignore me or not reply. The I’m on the sauce line is lame - if I recall correctly you went thru a pretty public meltdown with an addiction problem - seems like you’d be more supportive of those with similar struggles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT