ADVERTISEMENT

Starting 5 for 2022-23 that have never averaged 10+ ppg

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
If you were going to pick a starting five for next season, among returning college basketball players who have never averaged double figures, who would your five be?

The 2022 team would have easily been the best team in the country, IMO.

Top 5 Returning Players in 2021-22 That Never Previously Averaged 10+ ppg
Alondes Williams, Wake Forest
Johnny Davis, Wisconsin
Christian Braun, Kansas
Keegan Murray, Iowa
Walker Kessler, Auburn

So what would your 2022-23 starting five look like?

Thought u were talkin about teams who dont have anyone that averaged 10ppg lol like “present”

Just 5 individual players that have never averaged 10+ ppg (no freshmen). If you could form a starting five for next year, based on that one stat, who would they be?

I mean, the likes of Alondes Williams, Johnny Davis, Christian Braun, Keegan Murray, and Walker Kessler would have been a dynamic starting five for this past season. The difficulty, of course, is projecting who's going to have a breakout year.

They don't come to play school.

That Cardale Jones tweet never gets old lol.

maxresdefault.jpg

BTW, Jeremy Roach is going to get a LOT of time with the ball in his hand...

BTW, Jeremy Roach is going to get a LOT of time with the ball in his hand...

Roach should certainly be under consideration for this thread. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a nice uptick in scoring, maybe 12-14 ppg.

Wahl and Chucky will be closer to 15. Crowl will be around 12. Others you’re probably right on.
I was just teasing a bit, but I think 15 is high for Hepburn. 12-13 seems more plausible.

I was just teasing a bit, but I think 15 is high for Hepburn. 12-13 seems more plausible.
Oh I figured since Wahl was at 11.4 this year as the 3rd option. I think Chucky is going to be in the 13-15 range. Out of necessity mainly.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I might go with this five.

Reece Beekman, Virginia
Dalen Terry, Arizona
Josh Minott, uncommitted transfer (Memphis)
Kris Murray, Iowa
Moussa Diabate, Michigan

Sheesh. Terry, Minott, and Diabate are all staying in the draft. So much for a breakout season. I'll roll with these five...

Reece Beekman, Virginia
Kadary Richmond, Seton Hall
Trey Alexander, Creighton
Kris Murray, Iowa
Charles Bediako, Alabama

I think sydney curry from louisville has a chance assuming he didnt avg 10 last year. He had an erratic season, some games hed play 10 mins and some games hed score 20.
Hunter-hatfield former 5 star transfer from tenn could be xonsidered if he can make the soph jump alot of big men make.

hell if we get bates we could field 4/5 lol wont be the 5 best but still ellis/bates/HH/curry

Non homer i like

ziegler
beekman
, mayer,
trey alexander
Kris murray

Having trouble finding a big.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Pelle Larson of Arizona should have a great year. Pac 12 6th man of the year who should increase his production across the board as a starter

Reactions: dukedevilz
Zakai Zeigler
Trey Alexander
Kameron Jones
Would maybe be my backcourt
My TCU boner wants to add Big Eddie Lampkin, .. but, he's not going to average more than 10-12 points, I'd think.

.. but I'm gonna enjoy tf outta him next cycle

Sheesh. Terry, Minott, and Diabate are all staying in the draft. So much for a breakout season. I'll roll with these five...

Reece Beekman, Virginia
Kadary Richmond, Seton Hall
Trey Alexander, Creighton
Kris Murray, Iowa
Charles Bediako, Alabama

Field of 68 had 3 of my guys in their top 10. Thieves.

FVd6U1EXEAI_N1R

FVYwx5bX0AEB7Rv

I'm more excited for Clemence than Pettiford, but this is comforting..

Also a ton of Indiana guys think Geronimo will be their breakout guy over Bates, unsure what the Indi guys on here say tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePhog08
ADVERTISEMENT