ADVERTISEMENT

Stack Rank This Year's Best Centers

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
200w.gif

Uhh... how is Marvin Bagley not on any lists there? He is most assuredly a center.

Uhh... how is Marvin Bagley not on any lists there? He is most assuredly a center.
Guys like Bagley, Luke Maye, and a few others seem much more like "forwards" than "centers," but if we're listing him as a center, then he's obviously at the highest tier.

I'm sure that I'm missing a half-dozen that should be included.

Elite

Deandre Ayton
Jock Landale
Mo Bamba
Wendell Carter

Really Great
Ethan Happ
Isaac Haas
Sagaba Konate
Brandon McCoy
Nick Ward
Mo Wagner

Pretty, pretty, pretty good
Tacko Fall
Ray Spalding
Angel Delgado
Tyler Davis
Omari Spellman
I'd say Udoka has played himself onto one of these lists at a minimum.

Sagaba Konate from WVU is climbing into the conversation... if you consider him a center at 6'8 or 6'9.

Best shot blocker in the country and improving every game offensively.

Deandre Ayton
Ethan Happ
Wendell Carter
Isaac Haas
Mo Wagner
Mo Bamba
Azubuike

He won't earn the credit because his team was garbage this season, but Jordan Murphy from Minnesota was a fvkcing Sasquatch on the court this year.

You joke about ole Fred, but he's been a heck of an offensive rebounder for you guys this year.
He's been finishing better the last 5 or 6 games too, credit to him and the staff. He's always played hard too. He's still playing the wrong sport though. Maybe he has eligibility left for IUFB.

He won't earn the credit because his team was garbage this season, but Jordan Murphy from Minnesota was a fvkcing Sasquatch on the court this year.
I think he's in the same boat as Bagley, where he feels more like a forward, especially since he plays alongside a true center. But you're absolutely right, Murphy had an incredibly productive season this year.

Daniel Gafford has to be mentioned.

Has only played BB about 3 years and is already a top SEC center.

ADVERTISEMENT