ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Anyone up for some sports trivia? This will have to be on the honor code system, of course. The person who asks the question will need to verify who has the correct response. The poster with the correct answer has 24 hours to ask the next question. Open to anyone to jump in with the next question, should that 24-hour clock expire.

Okay, first question...

What is the most recent college basketball national championship game where the two finalists were from the same conference?

Anyone up for some sports trivia? This will have to be on the honor code system, of course. The person who asks the question will need to verify who has the correct response. The poster with the correct answer has 24 hours to ask the next question. Open to anyone to jump in with the next question, should that 24-hour clock expire.

Okay, first question...

What is the most recent college basketball national championship game where the two finalists were from the same conference?
Kansas vs. Oklahoma in 1988?

You got it! Take it away.
That’s a good question. I don’t think most people would believe it’s been that long. I certainly haven’t ever thought about it.

Who was the first coach to take 4 different schools to the NCAA tournament?

That’s a good question. I don’t think most people would believe it’s been that long. I certainly haven’t ever thought about it.

I don't know if he was the first, but Lon Kruger has certainly accomplished that feat.

Good question. This one might take a few guesses. Maybe Rick Pitino?

Who has Pitino taken besides Prov, UK, and Louisville? Boston Terriers? I think he played there but don’t remember if he coached there as well.

I'd guess Eddie Sutton or Lefty Drieisell

Reactions: dukedevilz
You sure???
https://www.pilotonline.com/sports/columns/article_c0b6e4da-2d2f-11e8-8a81-f32b241e63e5.html

Lefty retired in 2003 as college basketball's fourth-winningest coach and the first to take four different schools to the NCAA tournament.

What? A journalist who included a factual error? That's probably a first.

Doesn't take long to look up. Lefty's fourth and final team was Georgia State. They went to the tournament in 2001.

Sutton's fourth school was Oklahoma State. His first tourney with Okie State was in 1991. So yes, Eddie Sutton is the correct answer.

You sure???
https://www.pilotonline.com/sports/columns/article_c0b6e4da-2d2f-11e8-8a81-f32b241e63e5.html

Lefty retired in 2003 as college basketball's fourth-winningest coach and the first to take four different schools to the NCAA tournament.
We all know you had already Googled it before you responded with, "Lefty might be the correct answer." Trying to cheat and you couldn't even get your fact-checking right.
tumblr_o34bg20ic91tr11rio1_400.gif

Reactions: jhmossy
We all know you had already Googled it before you responded with, "Lefty might be the correct answer." Trying to cheat and you couldn't even get your fact-checking right.
tumblr_o34bg20ic91tr11rio1_400.gif
Really? That’s why my answer was Jim harrick.
What a dipshit

Reactions: jhmossy

Okay, first question...

Oklahoma V. Kansas '88!

I have a pretty good one for UK fans.

At one point in time the Kentucky Capitol building flew it's state flag at half-mast due to losing a single game. Who did we lose to and why was it so important?

You can find the answer in 100 years of Kentucky basketball book/dvd.

@Bert Higginbotha

Here's a fun fact:

From 1939 to 1976, only THREE teams with 5 or more losses, won the title. Since then, 20 teams have done so.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT