ADVERTISEMENT

Sports today.

Dude, college freaking gameday is coming on in 10 minutes. I had no idea. I absolutely love CGD.
I WAS going to head out to the barn and get to work, but that's out the window now.
TBH,seeing on the guide pissed me off....I scrolled to see what game was showing....

SEC Title game from 300 years ago..

I was like----"**** yeah----there's a game coming on". Only to realize it wasn't.

Turned it on ESPN.....Marshall vs EKU.

Derby is stupid. Couldn't tell ya one single ****ing horse in the race.

Derby makes me sad, bro...Every year we had a family Derby get together. The Derby has been a huge part of my family for years....This year? I couldn't tell ya one horse----Except for the fav, Tiz The Law.
It's weird being sober and not about to pass out minutes until post time.

Same, it was always special in my household.
Yep....Many of great memories...I recall my MeMaw getting so giddy over Sunday Silence---1989 Derby Winner. Or when Lil E Tee won the Derby at 17-1....Prompting my uncle to do a jig in the yard... Or in 2012 I bet a damn horse, I'll Have Another, just because well, I always,"had another"(drink). That dude paid me off well....

2009 was funny as shit. Our bookie couldn't make it. But a good friend of mine was having a party as well, just down the road...I called and asked if he would take some bets..."Sure,buddy---come on down, we will gladly take your money..."

Yeah, that didn't go well for him...I placed 6 bets...Of those 6, three of the guys, including ,myself, had "Mind That Bird". A 50-1 donkey....Me and uncle also placed a $2 trifecta on Mind That Bird and Musket Man(20-1)....The look on that dudes face when I showed up to collect was priceless. Now keep in mind, he did not pay track odds. Only would go 25-1. But still, we hit that dude hard...MOF, he asked, "would you take a check for some of this..."? I responded---"did I bet with a check"?SmokinSmile

Yep....Many of great memories...I recall my MeMaw getting so giddy over Sunday Silence---1989 Derby Winner. Or when Lil E Tee won the Derby at 17-1....Prompting my uncle to do a jig in the yard... Or in 2012 I bet a damn horse, I'll Have Another, just because well, I always,"had another"(drink). That dude paid me off well....

2009 was funny as shit. Our bookie couldn't make it. But a good friend of mine was having a party as well, just down the road...I called and asked if he would take some bets..."Sure,buddy---come on down, we will gladly take your money..."

Yeah, that didn't go well for him...I placed 6 bets...Of those 6, three of the guys, including ,myself, had "Mind That Bird". A 50-1 donkey....Me and uncle also placed a $2 trifecta on Mind That Bird and Musket Man(20-1)....The look on that dudes face when I showed up to collect was priceless. Now keep in mind, he did not pay track odds. Only would go 25-1. But still, we hit that dude hard...MOF, he asked, "would you take a check for some of this..."? I responded---"did I bet with a check"?SmokinSmile
You have to forgive me.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
You have to forgive me.
I'll never forget this horse....Watch the strertch. Borel ran the perfect race...Horse was damn near dead last....And then...

Even the announcer was like, "WTF"? Didn't even know the horses name..Laughing

Idk why they even did the Derby this year. I mean you obviously for monetary reasons, but Derby in September is wack asf. No thanks.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT