ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like MSU is one of the last clean programs in the country

It’s us, UM, Harvard, and who else?

Probably most of the other 351 Division 1 men's basketball schools. Your claim is akin to claiming to be the last honest man in the state because you weren't fingered at the police lineup you were in. Good on you, but the pool of innocents is much larger than that.

Probably most of the other 351 Division 1 men's basketball schools. Your claim is akin to claiming to be the last honest man in the state because you weren't fingered at the police lineup you were in. Good on you, but the pool of innocents is much larger than that.

Well no shit Sherlock.

It was obviously a joke. There’s a lot a clean small programs

Purdue doesn't pay players. I honestly wouldn't care if we did tho since apparently everyone else is.

I don’t think that necessarily shows MSU is clean. Just that they weren’t willing to pay for Bowen. Maybe Izzo has a feeling Bowen’s dad was potential trouble? Or maybe they just weren’t that interested?

At any rate, I’d wager there is no major program that is truly clean.

'cept for that dude putting his wee wee inside that dog and, you know, the rape issues.
Other than those things, you're right, clean as a whistle.
What does that have to do with the basketball program being clean?

Oh, Keith Appling didn't play basketball at MSU?
Muh bad.
Again, what does this have to do with the topic of this thread.

Also, no charges against Keith Appling were ever filed while he played basketball at Michigan State.

Also, no charges against Keith Appling were ever filed while he played basketball at Michigan State.

Where’s Keith Appling at today?

Reactions: hoosierdug

No charges means he didn't do anything wrong, right?

payne.jpg

Surprised Izzo didn't have Appling at least sit a half for conduct unbecoming of an athlete, even if the scummy DA didn't think there was enough evidence to prosecute.

Tom Izzo has a secondary recruiting violation in his file.

Not even Steve Fisher has one of those to his name.

Where’s Keith Appling at today?
Again, what does that have to do with us not paying players.

I don’t understand how a former player going to jail after he was at MSU makes us a dirty basketball program.

payne.jpg

Surprised Izzo didn't have Appling at least sit a half for conduct unbecoming of an athlete, even if the scummy DA didn't think there was enough evidence to prosecute.
Again, this is not the subject of the thread.

If someone is just accused of a crime but no charges are filed why would you sit a player. That seems absurd. I’m not saying he’s not guilty but I don’t think Izzo was at fault here.

If someone is just accused of a crime but no charges are filed why would you sit a player. That seems absurd. I’m not saying he’s not guilty but I don’t think Izzo was at fault here.
Doesn't take much to get your dander up. We are just messing with you… .sorta.

Reactions: Da_Bull

Izzo could read the report I just read and come to conclusion that Appling was acting in a way unbecoming of an athlete. If it could be proved he raped a girl, kick him off the time. If it can't be proved that he raped a girl BUT he put himself in a bad situation with some evidence that it could have happened, sit him for a half or a game.

the only reason a MSU fan would make this thread is they know the rest of the CBB world looks at them just like others do Louisville BB, Baylor FB, etc...

payne.jpg

I mean not to go over this again. But three different DA’s cleared him, and the federal govt cleared him as well. And izzo had no access to county prosecutor records or videos.

Izzo could read the report I just read and come to conclusion that Appling was acting in a way unbecoming of an athlete. If it could be proved he raped a girl, kick him off the time. If it can't be proved that he raped a girl BUT he put himself in a bad situation with some evidence that it could have happened, sit him for a half or a game.
I think this kinda stuff is pretty black and white. If he did do it, he should be arrested and kicked off the team.

If there isn’t enough evidence to convict someone of something then why punish them.

There’s no 6 month jail time for someone who could have done the crime but there isn’t enough evidence to prove it.

I think this kinda stuff is pretty black and white. If he did do it, he should be arrested and kicked off the team.

If there isn’t enough evidence to convict someone of something then why punish them.

There’s no 6 month jail time for someone who could have done the crime but there isn’t enough evidence to prove it.

Not having enough evidence to convict someone doesn’t mean Appling represented Spartan Athletics in a good light with his actions. Coaches bench players for things that aren’t crimes all the time. It’s distributing that you can read that police report and don’t think there was ANY lesson that could’ve been taught to Appling.

Not having enough evidence to convict someone doesn’t mean Appling represented Spartan Athletics in a good light with his actions. Coaches bench players for things that aren’t crimes all the time. It’s distributing that you can read that police report and don’t think there was ANY lesson that could’ve been taught to Appling.

The DA said not only was he not gonna charge appling. He said he doesn’t believe a crime was even committed.

How does one suspend a player when the law says nothing happened.

The DA said not only was he not gonna charge appling. He said he doesn’t believe a crime was even committed.

How does one suspend a player when the law says nothing happened.

Nothing happened? A witness said that a drunk girl told Appling to stop and then Appling talked (pressured?) that drunk girl into letting him go further. Whether or not that's a crime punishable in the court of law or not is not my expertise. I do think that it's fair to bench of player who put himself in the position Appling did for Conduct Unbecoming of an Athlete. Players get benched for all sorts of things (grades, being late for practice, etc.). There is nothing "absurd" about teaching a player a lesson by benching him for what happened in that dorm.

Reactions: RipThru
Nothing happened? A witness said that a drunk girl told Appling to stop and then Appling talked (pressured?) that drunk girl into letting him go further. Whether or not that's a crime punishable in the court of law or not is not my expertise. I do think that it's fair to bench of player who put himself in the position Appling did for Conduct Unbecoming of an Athlete. Players get benched for all sorts of things (grades, being late for practice, etc.). There is nothing "absurd" about teaching a player a lesson by benching him for what happened in that dorm.

Dude I didn’t say nothing happened. The UM booster DA said in the press conference nothing happened.

DA might have been wrong but how was Izzo supposed to know that? Hindsight

ADVERTISEMENT