ADVERTISEMENT

sorry if already posted. NCAA is moving the 3 point line

dragonhawk1855

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2018
going to use the Euro 3 point at 22' 1 3/4" from 20' 9". will this affect the game?

yes/no and why/why not.

I like it. Will open the game up. Allow more spacing. THat is really good for the game.

will have no affect on good shooters
i think we will see so-so shooters take less shots
i am not sure it opens up the middle, you have to guard good shooters out to 25' anyway

will have no affect on good shooters
i think we will see so-so shooters take less shots
i am not sure it opens up the middle, you have to guard good shooters out to 25' anyway

If the NIT is any indication then it will have no affect really on the amount of 3s taken, teams still bombed from all over the floor and hit a decent pct. I think the national % will drop a little, but the attempts will remain about the same, it may stunt the growth of the trend of teams turning games into a 3 point contest, which would be good IMO, but I also don't think we are going to see a reemergence of the post up being a crucial part of a team's offense.

Reactions: mebeblue2
most of these players are already hitting shots out past the NBA ARC, but to me it will elimninate the tweener that just barely hit the 3 from the College game, for Iowa this might/will have a affect on Kriener and others like him.

More die with live by the three/ die with the three.

Also, I think it will actually clog up the lane more. Players can play off more players. Dare them to shot it and get the longer rebounds.

More die with live by the three/ die with the three.

Also, I think it will actually clog up the lane more. Players can play off more players. Dare them to shot it and get the longer rebounds.

It will really just depend on what the analytics say after a full season with the new rules for how teams adjust to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT