ADVERTISEMENT

Soooo... how about that corona virus...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I feel like it would be irresponsible to even play the NCAAT this year. Just cancel the whole thing. That seems like the only reasonable option tbh.

Bet you are saying we SHOULD play the NIT though, right?

;)

That was definitely just a troll post
oh-really-you-0swbs8.jpg

Went to see a family member at a nursing home in Va. yesterday. They met us at the door and staff took our temperature. I would not be opposed to taking a CV test before entry at the nursing home if result was instantaneous due to the residents susceptibility. Otherwise it’s probably useless.

Reactions: SNU0821
F. First case just a couple towns over from where I work. Well, glad I don’t work in a germ infested virus incubator...

*remembers that a thousand kids a day cough and sneeze all over, and pick their noses, and touch every door handle and water faucet handle and chair in the entire building, and the town is like fifty percent Asian, and honestly the custodians do a crap, half assed job*

Well, as terrible as it sounds, I’m sort of glad my dad died, or I’d be REALLY worried about this. Now just SORT of worried.

Oh, and this, from South Korea... that’s pretty good odds, actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Blue79
China made the corona virus to kill white men specifically- Alex Jones in my mind.
There’s a lot of proof out there that points to this being something they created in a lab. I don’t think we’ll ever know whether or not that is true but I’ve listened to enough podcasts to know that most Americans who work in intelligence or work for the government all think the Chinese are very sloppy with how they do things. Like one small example, we send our satellites and rockets into space from a part of Florida where the boosters and parts will fall into the ocean away from any civilians. This place was specifically picked after the math was done and other sites were eliminated from consideration. The Chinese don’t take any such precaution. Their boosters have been known to crash down into villages. It’s things like that where I’ve read they are sloppy so the idea is that they didn’t take the best safety measures with their bio lab that’s there and this thing got out somehow.

Rec’d a company email yesterday which said that some employees from the building next to ours may have the virus from travels. They’re being quarantined, along with anyone they came into contact with.

Rec’d a company email yesterday which said that some employees from the building next to ours may have the virus from travels. They’re being quarantined, along with anyone they came into contact with.
Are you in Lawrence? Didn't they have somebody come back from traveling about a month ago that was believed to have the virus?

Yeah, it was rumored. I live in Lawrence and work in Overland Park.
I loved living in Lawrence. It's been over 5 years since I last visited which is kind of crazy for me. When I first moved away I was coming back every couple of months. I still kind of have a loose plan to move back someday to the Old West Lawrence area. Those are some nice old Victorian style houses and Louise's West would be a few minutes walk up the road.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
There’s a lot of proof out there that points to this being something they created in a lab. I don’t think we’ll ever know whether or not that is true but I’ve listened to enough podcasts to know that most Americans who work in intelligence or work for the government all think the Chinese are very sloppy with how they do things. Like one small example, we send our satellites and rockets into space from a part of Florida where the boosters and parts will fall into the ocean away from any civilians. This place was specifically picked after the math was done and other sites were eliminated from consideration. The Chinese don’t take any such precaution. Their boosters have been known to crash down into villages. It’s things like that where I’ve read they are sloppy so the idea is that they didn’t take the best safety measures with their bio lab that’s there and this thing got out somehow.

Just gotta ask... PROOF? Or discussion? Proof is very different...

Just gotta ask... PROOF? Or discussion? Proof is very different...
Discussion would probably be the better word. I'm a sucker for conspiracies but I never save what I read, lol. I know I've read some isolated tweets by those who seem reliable (mathematicians, biologists, etc.) and when they do the numbers they don't see how it's possible that this comes from anything that China is putting out there. That's where the conspiracy comes into play about it being something manmade.

So yeah, it's definitely being discussed but I doubt anybody ever proves that.

Discussion would probably be the better word. I'm a sucker for conspiracies but I never save what I read, lol. I know I've read some isolated tweets by those who seem reliable (mathematicians, biologists, etc.) and when they do the numbers they don't see how it's possible that this comes from anything that China is putting out there. That's where the conspiracy comes into play about it being something manmade.

It's very fun to speculate on this stuff, and it's interesting to see how people credit potential theories. For example, I am not entirely skeptical of the idea that this was developed for legitimate research purposes (accidentally, like an existing virus mutated during study, or on purpose) and then, due to sloppiness, accidentally released. The long latency fits with this theory. But I would not buy that this was intentionally delivered into the population. Aside from the why aspect of it, conspiracies like that take a lot more competence than I'm willing to give to anyone. So the same rumors re: the Wuhan lab support two pretty different theories, all depending on how skeptical the listener is to the idea that people are very competent.

Reactions: schoonerwest
It's very fun to speculate on this stuff, and it's interesting to see how people credit potential theories. For example, I am not entirely skeptical of the idea that this was developed for legitimate research purposes (accidentally, like an existing virus mutated during study, or on purpose) and then, due to sloppiness, accidentally released. The long latency fits with this theory. But I would not buy that this was intentionally delivered into the population. Aside from the why aspect of it, conspiracies like that take a lot more competence than I'm willing to give to anyone. So the same rumors re: the Wuhan lab support two pretty different theories, all depending on how skeptical the listener is to the idea that people are very competent.
Yeah, that's mainly what I've read into. That their safety measures aren't up to par with other first world countries and because of that the virus was exposed to people outside of the lab. From there it just spread. When this virus was first reported on 6 weeks ago China was putting some major efforts into quarantining people. Like, it was scary from an outsiders perspective. They made it seem like it was a lot worse than what we now know of it. The popular theory as to why they were so aggressive in their quarantines for those that think it was accidentally released is that China knew they ****ed up and were willing suspend the livelihood of entire regions in order to contain it and save face with the international community. I think Beijing and other major cities have come back online in their day to day work but in places like Wuhan you weren't able to leave your building for an entire month. And if you did you'd be thrown into a van and taken off to an isolated lab someplace, probably never to be seen again.

The most interesting thing about this virus though, to me atleast, is finding out that there are like 20 cities in China that are bigger than LA/Chicago/NYC. And that there are another 100+ cities that have over 1,000,000 people. Dallas would be a medium sized city in China. Lol

Whats the craziest conspiracy you believe?

Whats the craziest conspiracy you believe?
I wouldn't really say I believe in any conspiracy. Most of the major ones just have too much to read and there's too many opinions on the matter. Plus the people who are really into them are all usually kind of weird. There's something missing there. I'm really open to any and all ideas on conspiracies but it's more for entertainment. I won't ever repeat anything like they are absolute truths.

I watched a lot of Sightings and X Files in the 1990's if you can't tell.

I wouldn't really say I believe in any conspiracy. Most of the major ones just have too much to read and there's too many opinions on the matter. Plus the people who are really into them are all usually kind of weird. There's something missing there. I'm really open to any and all ideas on conspiracies but it's more for entertainment. I won't ever repeat anything like they are absolute truths.

I watched a lot of Sightings and X Files in the 1990's if you can't tell.
Gotcha. Just making sure you aren't one of those 9/11 inside job nut cases. Those people, Jesus lol

Plenty of conspiracy theories are laughable, but the "everything CNN reports is 100% true" mindset is also laughable.

Last edited:
Facts not conspiracy...

Moon landing was fake.
Earth is flat.
Stone henge was built by aliens.
Hitler wasn't killed. He lived a long life in Cali.
Speaking of Hitler, Hillary Clinton was replaced by a body double.
7/11 was a part time job.
Hitler was in Argentina, not Cali. He got there on a submarine. Duh

Plenty of conspiracy theories are laughable, but the "everything CNN reports is 100% true" mindset is also laughable.

No one says this, but if they did it's laughable.

My conspiracy theory that I 100% believe isn't quite a conspiracy theory but more of a... loose association of influence? I'm team Eisenhower on the corrosive power and influence of the military industrial complex. The film "Why We Fight" by Eugene Jarecki does a good job introducing this concept and some thought leaders in the field - Chomsky, Chalmers Johnson, and (to an extent) Joseph Cirincione. It's not a proper conspiracy theory, however, because it's not some nefarious plot. Instead, it's a loose association of people and organizations acting in self-serving, even if devious and in some senses almost evil, ways to acquire and maintain power and influence.

Facts not conspiracy...

Moon landing was fake.
Earth is flat.
Stone henge was built by aliens.
Hitler wasn't killed. He lived a long life in Cali.
Speaking of Hitler, Hillary Clinton was replaced by a body double.
7/11 was a part time job.

lvYajilzbVUkj5QBmAD8v1qz0g4.jpg

You're telling me that one of my favorite documentaries was all bullshit?!?

No one says this, but if they did it's laughable.

My conspiracy theory that I 100% believe isn't quite a conspiracy theory but more of a... loose association of influence? I'm team Eisenhower on the corrosive power and influence of the military industrial complex. The film "Why We Fight" by Eugene Jarecki does a good job introducing this concept and some thought leaders in the field - Chomsky, Chalmers Johnson, and (to an extent) Joseph Cirincione. It's not a proper conspiracy theory, however, because it's not some nefarious plot. Instead, it's a loose association of people and organizations acting in self-serving, even if devious and in some senses almost evil, ways to acquire and maintain power and influence.

Good movie.

And I definitely think that the average joe believes whatever mass media tells him.

That Trump colluded with Russia to win 2016. Winking

It's actually a great example of the hypocrisy and double standards that exist.

If the roles were reversed, and the "other side" accused Hillary of something like this (assuming she'd won), it would be widely ridiculed and dismissed. As is, it was portrayed by many mainstream sources as fact. Laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT