ADVERTISEMENT

So Yesterday sucked

Original_Irish

Apr 27, 2010
Was waiting all year for the Sweet 16 as it became very clear that Gonzaga was going to be playing in San Francisco. Went to the games yesterday and as you could imagine, I did not have the best time.

Overall I’m disappointed. This wasn’t the best Gonzaga team, but losing in the Sweet 16 wasn’t good enough.

Congrats to Arkansas. They deserved to win yesterday. And their fans were great.

Was waiting all year for the Sweet 16 as it became very clear that Gonzaga was going to be playing in San Francisco. Went to the games yesterday and as you could imagine, I did not have the best time.

Overall I’m disappointed. This wasn’t the best Gonzaga team, but losing in the Sweet 16 wasn’t good enough.

Congrats to Arkansas. They deserved to win yesterday. And their fans were great.
I'm not one to harp on refs usually, but you guys got completely screwed last night. How many of those ref's wives did Chet run a train on before the game? All 3 or just 2?

So annoying to see a guy who is only here for one year and then he makes it to a S16 game and the refs completely take him out of the game.

I'm not one to harp on refs usually, but you guys got completely screwed last night. How many of those ref's wives did Chet run a train on before the game? All 3 or just 2?

So annoying to see a guy who is only here for one year and then he makes it to a S16 game and the refs completely take him out of the game.
I’m not gonna get on the refs. The Zags shot themselves in the foot by not being able to make a shot in the first half. They had wide open looks the entire first half and couldn’t deliver.

Lol.

They finally called Jackie Moon for offensive fouls and travels.

It’s harder to score when they do that.

College basketball has to get block/charge under control. It’s becoming an epidemic.

I still say get rid of charges altogether.

Unless you have one of those dominant 1 seed teams, you gotta know there’s about a 1/3 chance your season is ending in a S16 matchup.

Unless you have one of those dominant 1 seed teams, you gotta know there’s about a 1/3 chance your season is ending in a S16 matchup.
As evidenced by Few’s postgame comments, I think they (all) thought that.

So, any defender who gets between the rim and the ball is a foul?

Lol
If they are moving at the time, or in the zone? But do you not agree that the person with the ball is not given the right to go to the basket to make an offensive move without a forced foul or flop?

Until the last minute, it was 20-11 fouls in Gonzaga's favor. There were so few fouls on Gonzaga they had to foul multiple times to stop the clock. Which is strange, because usually AR is top 5 at getting to the FT line.

Umude sat most of the game, because of fouls. Timme's go to move, the hook should've gotten him 2-3 more fouls. Especially on the play where he got his shyt thrown at the end.

It was obvious with 7 mins into the game that the Hogs got into Gonzaga's legs with great defense and the shots weren't going to fall like they usually do.

Gonzaga was overseeded because of that shyt conference schedule, and Hogs abused them all night because they soft.

So, any defender who gets between the rim and the ball is a foul?

Lol

No, not at all.

Push offs are illegal. Hooks are illegal.

What we don’t need in the game is rewarding players for standing still and falling down. That’s not a good defensive play in any sport. What we should all want to see more of us plays at the rim.

If a defensive player goes up vertical and blocks a shot, that’s not a foul. If they go up vertical and an offensive player jumps into them, again, it’s a no call.

Defenders should move their feet and contest shots. Not stand there and wait to get bumped. If a player is out of control, then just slide your feet and ride them right out of position.

If a defensive player goes up vertical and blocks a shot, that’s not a foul. If they go up vertical and an offensive player jumps into them, again, it’s a no call.

Defenders should move their feet and contest shots. Not stand there and wait to get bumped. If a player is out of control, then just slide your feet and ride them right out of position.
So do what holgrem did to pick up his 3rd 4th and 5th foul??

So do what holgrem did to pick up his 3rd 4th and 5th foul??
Yes. Those were atrocious calls that even the official they call into talk about them said so.

The block/charge call has become so bastardized that great plays like that of going vertical are now being punished and guys sliding in to fall down are being rewarded.

ADVERTISEMENT