ADVERTISEMENT

So Puma has been the culprit behind all of this...

This is a pretty big wtf, right? I guess people can’t get on Duke fans anymore about Bagley being paid by Nike, or whatever they said.

I have a few Puma golf shirts and hats. Wasn't aware they were even into basketball.

Reactions: wesr
Kind of funny how he ditched Nike. Hopefully they can develop some decent shoes. Here's an interesting excerpt from the The Sporting News:

This would be the first NBA player Puma has signed since Vince Carter in 1998. Carter stopped wearing the shoes at the time because they were uncomfortable for his feet.

He never developed a signature shoe with the company and eventually left it and was sued for breach of contract. Puma ultimately received $13.5 million from Carter.

The shoes were so bad for Vince Carter that he actually paid the money back lol.

Cool. Interesting that he went with Puma... a chance to really make it his own... as opposed to going with an established brand.

Reactions: Quavarius
I actually have a pair of suede pumas. I can't remember exactly where they're at,or the last time I wore them.

*not actual shoe*

71r2Wc%2BsjiL._UX395_.jpg

BK went all in on making MC Hammer and Derrick Coleman the focus of their marketing campaigns. Should have gone with Gary Payton and the Beastie Boys. It was their ultimate undoing.

Imagine the career DC would've had if he cared

Seems if schools are in cahoots with shoe companies to get players to their schools, Duke is really screwing Nike over.

Anyone have a breakdown or know where to find the percentage of players that sign with the schools shoe?

Seems if schools are in cahoots with shoe companies to get players to their schools, Duke is really screwing Nike over.

Anyone have a breakdown or know where to find the percentage of players that sign with the schools shoe?
That would be an interesting list.I know Wall signed with Reebok, but not really kept up with it.

Their golf shoes the last few years have been really nice. They have "Ignite" foam which is basically a rip-off of Adidas' "Boost" foam.

I've never tried their shoes. I'm not sure I can even remember the last time I bought a pair of golf shoes that were not Adidas.

I guess puma looking to get in the game. Clearly they're having to overpay

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT