ADVERTISEMENT

So Makur Maker commits...

I like UK is the new topic.again. maker going to his school means little to no shit.
Well, I mean after all, you made it about UK. If you could set your feelings to the side, leave the homerism at home, we could've have a decent convo on the issues pertaining to a good question..

Nailed it. At Least I wasn't talking about IU.

giphy.gif
Huh? What is it with you and this---"talking about this team, or that team" shit? I mean so what....

JFC....Get over it. I mean **** dude...UK fans talk about IU, UL, Duke, Kansas....All the god damn time. I mean, so what...Its what rivals do. Jesus..

Huh? What is it with you and this---"talking about this team, or that team" shit? I mean so what....

JFC....Get over it. I mean **** dude...UK fans talk about IU, UL, Duke, Kansas....All the god damn time. I mean, so what...Its what rivals do. Jesus..
RollLaugh

I know for a fact one of us is sober.

I appreciate digs when they can get them in.

RollLaugh

I know for a fact one of us is sober.

I appreciate digs when they can get them in.
I know I'm sober....Have been for 8+ years. And no one took a dig. Quit being such a "Karen".

You took a simple question that had absolutely nothing to do with UK hoops, and turned into a "cry fest".

So, @JimboBBN I don’t disagree with Borden that someone MIGHT challenge the name.

I don’t think he is saying that it would be LEGIT to do so... in fact I think he says the opposite. And I dont think he, or any sane person, would agree to it.

I think he is just saying that he could imagine some oversensitive ninny trying to raise a ruckus.

I don’t think you all are actually disagreeing... I think you are just making two different points... he, that in today’s day and age he could imagine someone getting their panties in a twist and going after Rupp, and you, that obviously Rupp is no confederate general, and no rational person would try to go after a college coach like they do reb statues or whathaveyou.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Wouldn’t care if they did rename Rupp Arena. Really don’t care if he was racist or not either tbh. Kentucky can stand with out that era.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The last three pages of this thread is AIDS. It has basically been a platform for Borden to state that he disagrees with monuments/statues that celebrate slavery and treason built during the Jim Crow era from being taken down. Seesh.

The last three pages of this thread is AIDS. It has basically been a platform for Borden to state that he disagrees with monuments/statues that celebrate slavery and treason built during the Jim Crow era from being taken down. Seesh.

Wait, what? He never said any of that.

Man, you guys are REALLY talking past each other. Borden has said nothing in this thread except that it is possible that angry people might go after the name Rupp on Rupp Arena. That’s it. For the record, I agree with him... people might indeed try to go after the name. And I also agree with him that that is silly and it will never be changed.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

Man, you guys are REALLY talking past each other. Borden has said nothing in this thread except that it is possible that angry people might go after the name Rupp on Rupp Arena. That’s it. For the record, I agree with him... people might indeed try to go after the name. And I also agree with him that that is silly and it will never be changed.
He clearly disagrees with the statues/monuments coming down and it is evident in every one of his posts in the last three pages.

He clearly disagrees with the statues/monuments coming down and it is evident in every one of his posts in the last three pages.

I suppose that is true, although he wasn’t really making the thread about that… Plus I would wager that he’s also just touchy about other social justice issues.

I suppose that is true, although he wasn’t really making the thread about that… Plus I would wager that he’s also just touchy about other social justice issues.
That’s the root of his entire argument about Rupp arena

IMO if you’re offended by a monument, statue, flag, song or name on a building, then you’re a pussy.

I am a black rival fan of UK and I am not offended, nor would I ever want the named changed from Rupp Arena. Its stupid to suggest it be changed.

I think everyone here agrees with that.

IMO if you’re offended by a monument, statue, flag, song or name on a building, then you’re a pussy.

Eh... some people don't think we should honor traitors who killed Americans and put millions of Americans families in bondage.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Really? Weird. I think they should be removed, and placed in museums..I don't disagree at all with statues/monuments being removed. I also disagree they are celebrating slavery, or treason. My argument is, some of this is going to far...I mean do you really feel a statue of George Washington is a symbol of slavery, and celebrating as much? I don't. Same with the Rupp. I dunno if he was a racist, or not. Maybe he was...Maybe he wasn't. But that wasn't my point. Point was, Rupp has been featured as a racist...And I felt/feel that some would take exception to that, and look to remove his name.

Next time, just ask me what I think, instead of just guessing---OK?

That’s the root of his entire argument about Rupp arena
What was that? What do you think the root of my argument was(vs Rupp)? I'm interested. Something tells me you are gonna be WAAAAAAY off.

No,it aint true. You had it right the first time.

You should have stuck with this.....instead of buckling, and turning to this...

Just saying brother...

Ya know, I had a very, very long, nice/spirited, emotional talk with a good friend of mine, who is black; BTW, he prefers being called black, over African-American. Told me, "Dude, I was born in Indiana.....Not Sudan."Laughing

Our conversation really opened my eyes. It is sad, crazy, sickening, to hear it from the mouth of a person who has suffered; Hes almost 70. He and I have officiated/umpired together for about 4 years. Over that time, we have became good, good friends. But never had a convo as we did the other day. What I liked, is we open. He agreed that black men today, women as well, young adults, have the ability to make a good life. And he was candid in saying---"I loathe those who use racism as a crutch for their struggles." BUT....he tells me, "Listen, Borden---you've never spent a second in my skin...So I do not want to hear you say, 'I understand'. Because my friend, you do not".

It was a great conversation. I'll send you a PM, with my number. Give me a call sometime, and I'll go more in-depth.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I dunno if he was a racist, or not. Maybe he was...Maybe he wasn't
This is sad and a problem. Too many people speaking about things and having an opinion and dont know what the he'll they are speaking about.

Research before you post on such a sensative issue please.

I will say this. UK fans, that's your house, name it, decorate it and do whatever you want with it but understand this. The next time you try to bag on KU/UNC fans for hanging Helms banners in their respective houses some may retaliate with this. I won't because I don't care. Now do I think Rupp was a racist? I do but that's in the past, can't change it no matter how good or bad it was.

Really? Go back and read, dude...You took ONE sentence completely out of context, and twisted the **** out it. Thats more of a problem than the one you are attempting to create.
You supposed to be a iu fan and you have to ask about adolf Rupp is a joke. That was my point. And it was not a dig.

You supposed to be a iu fan and you have to ask about adolf Rupp is a joke. That was my point. And it was not a dig.
Ummm, disregard my post...I am sorry, I misunderstood...

BTW, next time, use a god damn emjoi...Laughing

Really? Weird. I think they should be removed, and placed in museums..I don't disagree at all with statues/monuments being removed. I also disagree they are celebrating slavery, or treason. My argument is, some of this is going to far...I mean do you really feel a statue of George Washington is a symbol of slavery, and celebrating as much? I don't. Same with the Rupp. I dunno if he was a racist, or not. Maybe he was...Maybe he wasn't. But that wasn't my point. Point was, Rupp has been featured as a racist...And I felt/feel that some would take exception to that, and look to remove his name.

Next time, just ask me what I think, instead of just guessing---OK?
The tone of your posts came off as you being against all of the statues and monuments that are coming down. If you didn’t mean it in that way then my bad.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
The tone of your posts came off as you being against all of the statues and monuments that are coming down. If you didn’t mean it in that way then my bad.
No biggie. I don't always do the best explaining myself..

ADVERTISEMENT