ADVERTISEMENT

So Makur Maker commits...

you keep saying this but seem to ignore my post.

If anything, I like you guys talking about UK

If this was about IU, I wouldn't be currently posting.
Why are you so sensitive? No one is talking about UK----They are talking about Rupp.

But no need to change, now....When it comes to UK, most of you are very, very touchy. You get all emotional and shit. Feelings get hurt. Then you retort the "I like you guys talking about UK". Which is the stupidest shit I;ve ever heard. It's a very cute mechanism, though..

Huh? Why do you think confederate statues and monuments are being torn down? Its b/c they are seen as a symbol of racism. Some, and this may come as a shock, but some feel Rupp was a racist. I mean anything that is remotely close to being considered racist, it is vulnerable to being removed. That is all that is being said.
You really don’t see how confederate symbols and peoples feelings towards them are different than Rupp Arena? Not even trying to be a dick. I’ll happily explain if you want.

Why are you so sensitive? No one is talking about UK----They are talking about Rupp.

But no need to change, now....When it comes to UK, most of you are very, very touchy. You get all emotional and shit. Feelings get hurt. Then you retort the "I like you guys talking about UK". Which is the stupidest shit I;ve ever heard. It's a very cute mechanism, though..
Laughing hey. It's true. Rupp is UK and ...well. Here we are. RollLaugh

Can't make this shit up.

You really don’t see how confederate symbols and peoples feelings towards them are different than Rupp Arena? Not even trying to be a dick. I’ll happily explain if you want.
Maybe its you that needs an explanation? Any person associated with racism, is very vulnerable to having their name removed from buildings. How you do not see this, I don't know. With how this is going, anyone's name who can be tied to salvery, racism, etc, etc....is very vulnerable to being questioned.

Maybe its you that needs an explanation? Any person associated with racism, is very vulnerable to having their name removed from buildings. How you do not see this, I don't know. With how this is going, anyone's name who can be tied to salvery, racism, etc, etc....is very vulnerable to being questioned.
Not sure what your problem is tonight. I have acknowledged that I’m not dismissing the idea that it can happen. I’m trying to explain to you why I think the situations are different. You don’t seem to want to talk. You just seem like you want to argue

Laughing hey. It's true. Rupp is UK and ...well. Here we are. RollLaugh

Can't make this shit up.
Surely you are smarter than this, and have decided to troll----Right? I mean if I talk about Billie G., does that mean I am talking about UK? If I talk about John Wooden, that means I am talking about UCLA basketball?

C'mon, dude...It had nothing to do with UK basketball. It has to do with the times we are living in....But, hey, do what you do...

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Surely you are smarter than this, and have decided to troll----Right? I mean if I talk about Billie G., does that mean I am talking about UK? If I talk about John Wooden, that means I am talking about UCLA basketball?

C'mon, dude...It had nothing to do with UK basketball. It has to do with the times we are living in....But, hey, do what you do...
Laughing Right on. I'm just going to give every angel due to i'm interested in hear the thought process.

Not interested in if's and strawmans. btw.

Not sure what your problem is tonight. I have acknowledged that I’m not dismissing the idea that it can happen. I’m trying to explain to you why I think the situations are different. You don’t seem to want to talk. You just seem like you want to argue
Nothing is wrong...Racism issues are racism issues. They are not separated from one another. A confederate statue is a symbol of slavery----Which, well, is a product of racism. The world is changing due to the issues of racism. If a person is considered a racist, their name is subject to be questioned. Statues coming down is the start. It wiull not be long before names start coming off buildings, streets, etc, etc...So to say the two are not even in the same ballpark, IMO, is wrong.

deja vu?

Anyway, it's great you've took this on.

Laughing Right on. I'm just going to give every angel due to i'm interested in hear the thought process.

Not interested in if's and strawmans. btw.
I mean, ya know, I think you are so used to thinking everything is about UK, that well, you cannot think any other way. Its become a way of life.

deja vu?

Anyway, it's great you've took this on.
Nope.

Took what on? It was a simple discussion that is very relevant to the times we live in. But leave it you to make it about UK. Don't get mad at me b/c you cannot separate the two.

Nope.

Took what on? It was a simple discussion that is very relevant to the times we live in. But leave it you to make it about UK. Don't get mad at me b/c you cannot separate the two.
RollLaughah man you're silly. I like you. Go back and see who made it about U....nevermind....run with me. I created this whole mess

Well, it's your thoughts so i can't argue with it.
Sure you can....But I mean, look, I'm not the one who's panties got in a wad b/c someone ASKED if there was a CHANCE that Rupp's name could be removed, due to the times we now live in. I mean that question had absolutely nothing to do with UK, or UK basketball. I mean not even close. My answer to the initial thought had absolutely nothing to do with UK. Not even close. BUT....some, apparently YOU, took it as being about UK. It wasn't.

But I get it...I really do.

RollLaughah man you're silly. I like you. Go back and see who made it about U....nevermind....run with me. I created this whole mess
WHo made it about it UK? Schooner ASKED if Rupp's name could be removed. That ain't about UK...UK basketball....Its about a god damn social issue. JFC....Not everyhitng is about your Cats, dude. Get off your damn high horse, and you might enjoy a decent conversation.

Sure you can....But I mean, look, I'm not the one who's panties got in a wad b/c someone ASKED if there was a CHANCE that Rupp's name could be removed, due to the times we now live in. I mean that question had absolutely nothing to do with UK, or UK basketball. I mean not even close. My answer to the initial thought had absolutely nothing to do with UK. Not even close. BUT....some, apparently YOU, took it as being about UK. It wasn't.

But I get it...I really do.
We honestly have a different set of realities.

WHo made it about it UK? Schooner ASKED if Rupp's name could be removed. That ain't about UK...UK basketball....Its about a god damn social issue. JFC....Not everyhitng is about your Cats, dude. Get off your damn high horse, and you might enjoy a decent conversation.
You are on fire and worked up. I like it.

Thanks for you interjecting in this Maker thread and correcting all UK fans on how to think.

high horse was a nice touch.

Nothing is wrong...Racism issues are racism issues. They are not separated from one another. A confederate statue is a symbol of slavery----Which, well, is a product of racism. The world is changing due to the issues of racism. If a person is considered a racist, their name is subject to be questioned. Statues coming down is the start. It wiull not be long before names start coming off buildings, streets, etc, etc...So to say the two are not even in the same ballpark, IMO, is wrong.
Okay, so in one case, you are taking down statues and monuments and symbols of a country that went to war with the modern day United States. Not even taking into account the slavery aspect for the sake of my argument. Obviously that was a huge reason for the war if not the main reason. But these commanders and officers of the confederacy fought against our country. Borden you know I am a good ole boy, love me some Trump. But it’s obvious why the confederate flag makes people uncomfortable.

In another case, the hard evidence you have against a basketball coach are old stories. A basketball coach that recruited black players. An arena named after said coach that hasn’t stopped a single African American from coming into the building since it was built almost 50 years ago. It’s never made anyone not commit to Kentucky. It’s never made a player transfer. It’s never made students and fans not come to games. It’s never been an issue with anyone. Period.

You can’t tell me these are even remotely close to the same thing. If you think they are, then like I said, we will just have to disagree.

Just FYI, replace Kentucky with another school and I would make the same argument for them.

You are on fire and worked up. I like it.

Thanks for you interjecting in this Maker thread and correcting all UK fans on how to think.
Sensitive....I haven't corrected anyone. You;re the one who took the question personal, and as a "dig", or "talking about UK.....". Which is stupid. No one is talking about UK. It was no different when the question was asked---IN THIS THREAD, if McCracken's name could be removed. It was a very simple, easy, relevant question, pertaining to the times we now live in...But once you saw "Rupp", all logic went out the window. To you, it suddenly became about UK, and not the issues....Not surprised TBH>

Okay, so in one case, you are taking down statues and monuments and symbols of a country that went to war with the modern day United States. Not even taking into account the slavery aspect for the sake of my argument. Obviously that was a huge reason for the war if not the main reason. But these commanders and officers of the confederacy fought against our country. Borden you know I am a good ole boy, love me some Trump. But it’s obvious why the confederate flag makes people uncomfortable.

In another case, the hard evidence you have against a basketball coach are old stories. A basketball coach that recruited black players. An arena named after said coach that hasn’t stopped a single African American from coming into the building since it was built almost 50 years ago. It’s never made anyone not commit to Kentucky. It’s never made a player transfer. It’s never made students and fans not come to games. It’s never been an issue with anyone. Period.

You can’t tell me these are even remotely close to the same thing. If you think they are, then like I said, we will just have to disagree.

Just FYI, replace Kentucky with another school and I would make the same argument for them.
See, you're just sensitive.

Sensitive....I haven't corrected anyone. You;re the one who took the question personal, and as a "dig", or "talking about UK.....". Which is stupid. No one is talking about UK. It was no different when the question was asked---IN THIS THREAD, if McCracken's name could be removed. It was a very simple, easy, relevant question, pertaining to the times we now live in...But once you saw "Rupp", all logic went out the window. To you, it suddenly became about UK, and not the issues....Not surprised TBH>
I can't relate with your reality. You like to speak for others.

I'm talking about RACISM Jimbo. It is all the same. Sure the difference's are there. But the synopsis is the same: Racism. My point IS----It started with flags, statues, monuments, etc, etc....It will eventually make its way to NAMES. And those who are felt to have been racist. There is a common denominator----Its called racism.

An arena is no different than a Statue, or a monument my friend.

YOU win. Im a huge homer. I like UK. and that's it.

I honestly knew YOU like to always correct. I didn't know how far.

It's all good though. I honestly couldn't care less, and only focus on the on court results. so I like the UK/Cal/Lurker attention.

I'm talking about RACISM Jimbo. It is all the same. Sure the difference's are there. But the synopsis is the same: Racism. My point IS----It started with flags, statues, monuments, etc, etc....It will eventually make its way to NAMES. And those who are felt to have been racist. There is a common denominator----Its called racism.

An arena is no different than a Statue, or a monument my friend.
You may be right that eventually it changes. But what I’m saying is, the university and it’s supporters have a lot more going for them to keep the Rupp name on our building than anyone did trying to keep up statues and monuments. There was not a lot of pushback when those came down. Everyone kind of understood why.

I’m telling you right now, UK will not change that name without a fight. Anyways, hope you have a great holiday weekend, man.

You may be right that eventually it changes. But what I’m saying is, the university and it’s supporters have a lot more going for them to keep the Rupp name on our building than anyone did trying to keep up statues and monuments. There was not a lot of pushback when those came down. Everyone kind of understood why.

I’m telling you right now, UK will not change that name without a fight. Anyways, hope you have a great holiday weekend, man.
I agree....I've never hinted UK would, or should change the name. MOF, I seriously doubt they do. My whole point is, any person(s), symbol, word, that can be attached to slavery, racism, oppression, is vulnerable. Easy example: My last name is Cook. If a stadium/areana were named after me, and folks felt I was racist, supported slavery, etc, etc...There is NO DOUBT there would be those who would push for the removal of my name.

Enjoy the holiday as well....And be safe. We are gong to my wifes moms tomrrow. We always celebrate my b-day(today) on the 4th at their house.

tenor.gif

YOU win. Im a huge homer. I like UK. and that's it.

I honestly knew YOU like to always correct. I didn't know how far.

It's all good though. I honestly couldn't care less, and only focus on the on court results. so I like the UK/Cal/Lurker attention.
WHo did I correct? Go back and read your post....You made it a "UK thing". You took the question of removing Rupps name, as "talking about UK". But, well, that wasn't the case. It was a question pertaining to the issues of today's society. It had absolutely noting to do with Kentucky.

WHo did I correct? Go back and read your post....You made it a "UK thing". You took the question of removing Rupps name, as "talking about UK". But, well, that wasn't the case. It was a question pertaining to the issues of today's society. It had absolutely noting to do with Kentucky.
Nailed it. At Least I wasn't talking about IU.

giphy.gif

Quit being a pussy, brother. JFC....This is what annoys me. We live in a time where anything---I mean anything, remotely tied, or felt to be tied, to racism, is being questioned...Rupp's history as a racist has been questioned, and a part of his legacy. Do I think he was(racist)? Probably not. I think he was a product of his time. Does that mean he was racist? I dunno. IMO, he was like any other 50/60 year old man, who lived in the 50's.
To think this couldn't be an issue is being naive.
I mean, well done....Not sure even you expected this...Laughing

Sensitive bunch....RollLaughRollLaugh

“Quit being a pussy”, “sensitive bunch”, he said as he typed 10,000 words on the merits of cancelling a man born in 1901 on hearsay stories written 60 years ago.

Poor Makur can't even get his moment in the sun without UK obsession from envious rivals pops it's toothless head up.

UK basketball - rent free

“Quit being a pussy”, “sensitive bunch”, he said as he typed 10,000 words on the merits of cancelling a man born in 1901 on hearsay stories written 60 years ago.
See, this is an example.....I mean, where did I ever call Rupp a racist? Where did I even insinuate it? Where did I ever say Kentucky should remove his name?

You see Hank---I didn't. I simply stated WHY it COULD become an issue.

Try and leave the homerism at home.

ADVERTISEMENT