ADVERTISEMENT

So how is your basketball season going?

Sound.Slave

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2019
I'm working in Louisville until at least June/July, been here since November. I understand there is/was a pandemic, an election, social unrest/protesting/destruction, strippers/scandals(these really wore me out).....There have been plenty of externalities that could be involved but it seems like many Louisville basketball fans are coming around to the "ho hum" attitude I have had for the past couple seasons. We still care, but....whatevs.

Coach Mack deserves credit for inheriting a sh*t storm(after two HOF coaches) and keeping the wheels turning. However his style of coaching/play comes off as very bland. I couldn't stand Pitino the person, he's a turd, but his teams were fun to watch. Mack has some good young talent on this years team. Louisville native G David Johnson and the Sr Transfer G Carlik Jones are fun to watch. However I have not paid close attention to more than 10 minutes of a single Louisville basketball game all season.

Does anyone else feel this way about their team, or college basketball in general? Could the lack of fans at the games be an issue? I know UK fans are having a tough time, and what about the UNC fans, Kansas Fans, Duke fans, Auburn fans, the sh*tty teams of the B1G fans...and the Virginia fan?

Please share your thoughts and/or insults and personal slights.

Home cooking is alive and well in the Yum Center.

Weird season. For me it's not worth the hype of the longest offseason ever.

tenor.gif

Being able to go to games after a horrible/long offseason has been great. Love me some college hoops.

Being able to go to games after a horrible/long offseason has been great. Love me some college hoops.
At first I was ho-hum....But then a few weeks ago I was doing a HS game...During captains meeting I was like, "Well fellas, normally we have a packed house for this one...." Both captains, at the same time, say--

Hey, I am just happy we are playing.....

Yep, me too fellas....Me, too.

Lots of injuries and COVID pauses have kept Oregon out of rhythm. I'm hoping it can all come together by March but we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT