ADVERTISEMENT

So far, how would you rank your players from best to worst?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
We're about half way through the season,and how would you rank your "rotation players" from best to worst.. And maybe throw in grades or if they better or worst than you thought if you want.

K is going 10 deep and everyone seems to be contributing. Would have to rank on a game by game basis.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Mount Rushmore of our school

Cassius Winston

Great players

Xavier Tillman

Good players

Aaron Henry
Gabe Brown
Marcus Bingham
Thomas Kithier

Had good moments but inconsistent

Foster Loyer
Rocket Watts
Malik Hall

Rotation players

Kyle Ahrens
Julius Marble

1. Doughty
2. McCormick
3. Wiley
4. Okoro - although has highest ceiling and could be 1 by end of season
5. Purifoy
6. McLemore
7. Johnson
8. Cambridge
9. Flanagan

Azubuike A (decent FT shooting might push him to A+)
Dotson A- (great most of the time, but crucial mistakes in both losses)
Garrett B+
Agbaji B (more offensive consistency would push him to an A)
Moss B
Braun B
McCormack B-
Enaruna C+
De Sousa D

UNC...
1-Cole Anthony
2-Garrison Brooks
3-Brandon Robinson
4-Anthony Harris
5-Armando Bacot
6-Jeremiah Francis
7-Sterling Manley
8-Justin Pierce
9-Leaky Black
10-Andrew Platek
11-Christian Keeling
12-KJ Smith

tenor.gif

Hard to choose between top 3 right now with the way Richards is playing.

1a. Maxey
1b. Hagans
3. Richards
4. Quickley
5. Sestina
6. Brooks
7. Montgomery
8. Whitney
9. Juzang
10. Allen (injured)

That's our scholarship players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
I'm fine with it. Every Duke fan has been bitching about K not developing a bench for years, not the case this year.

I agree with you. I think K has hurt his margin for error over the years by not developing the bench. Inevitably someone gets hurt and then what?

I think Duke might be cutting down the Nets this year, honestly. FSU has worn people down the last few years with waves of bodies and made it to the second weekend just on that. Not to mention it’s tough to game plan for on 2 days notice because you aren’t sure who to focus your scheme on.

Now you take Hamilton’s strategy and add in Duke’s level of talent...gonna be really hard to beat.

For the sake of the thread, I’ll give it a go. But like the Duke boys, it really can change game to game.

Tier 1:
Devin Vassell
Trent Forrest
MJ Walker

Tier 2:
Malik Osborne
Patrick Williams

Tier 3:
Anthony Polite
Raiquan Gray

Tier 4:
Balsa Koprivica
Dominik Olejniczak
Rayquan Evans

Tier 5:
Wyatt Wilkes
Harrison Prieto (walk on...played 10 minutes in the first half on the road against Wake. 4 points, 2 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal. That’s how deep we roll).

I'm fine with it. Every Duke fan has been bitching about K not developing a bench for years, not the case this year.

I've only seen Duke play a couple of times but they remind me of some the UNC teams I've enjoyed watching over the years. Good PG play and good post scoring and the rest of the talent plays off that.

Reactions: tw3301 and GE Nole
Like a few others have said, beyond Tre Jones and Vernon Carey Jr we’ve had so many different players step up on a game to game basis that it’s hard to rank them. So I’m going to rank them based on their ppg averages.

1) Vernon Carey Jr
2) Tre Jones
3) Cassius Stanley
4) Matthew Hurt
5) Wendell Moore Jr
6) Joey Baker
7) Alex O’Connell
8) Javin DeLaurier
9) Jack White
10) Jordan Goldwire
11) Justin Robinson
12) Mike Buckmire

Everyone but Justin Robinson and Mike Buckmire is averaging at least 4ppg and Mike Buckmire is the only player that hasn’t scored this season. Of our top 10 players 8 of them have played in all 16 of our games and the other 2 players have played in 14 games Tre Jones and Wendell Moors Jr have each missed 2 games because of injuries and Wendell Moore Jr is going to miss more games because he’s still out with an injury.

For the sake of the thread, I’ll give it a go. But like the Duke boys, it really can change game to game.

Tier 1:
Devin Vassell
Trent Forrest
MJ Walker

Tier 2:
Malik Osborne
Patrick Williams

Tier 3:
Anthony Polite
Raiquan Gray

Tier 4:
Balsa Koprivica
Dominik Olejniczak
Rayquan Evans

Tier 5:
Wyatt Wilkes
Harrison Prieto (walk on...played 10 minutes in the first half on the road against Wake. 4 points, 2 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal. That’s how deep we roll).
I always cringe a little when Wilkes and Prieto are on the court at the same time in a close game. I also feel like we should always have one of Forrest, Vassell, or Walker on the court at all times (except for 20-plus point leads). But, Ham knows what he’s doing. So it’s hard to question him.

Reactions: GE Nole
I always cringe a little when Wilkes and Prieto are on the court at the same time in a close game. I also feel like we should always have one of Forrest, Vassell, or Walker on the court at all times (except for 20-plus point leads). But, Ham knows what he’s doing. So it’s hard to question him.

Well said.

Completely disagree with you and @lurkeraspect84

Maxey tends to be inconsistent and only truly show up every now and then. If he was consistent, then it'd be a no brainer.

But imagine Kentucky without Hagans or Richards. You all would not survive if one of them wasn't on the team.

I don't think you can say the same about Maxey tbh at least not the level of importance that Hagans and Richards bring.

Stud:
Zavier Simpson

Really good:
Jon Teske
Isaiah Livers

Decent:
David DeJulius
Franz Wagner
Brandon Johns

Okay:
Austin Davis
Eli Brooks

Not so good:
Colin Castleton

Please transfer:
Adrian Nunez

Too little playing time to tell:
Cole Bajema

Completely disagree with you and @lurkeraspect84

Maxey tends to be inconsistent and only truly show up every now and then. If he was consistent, then it'd be a no brainer.

But imagine Kentucky without Hagans or Richards. You all would not survive if one of them wasn't on the team.

I don't think you can say the same about Maxey tbh at least not the level of importance that Hagans and Richards bring.
I think we’re all still in shell shock with Richards. His first two years’ were just frustrating. Couldn’t catch a ball, got lost in rotation, 3 fouls by half. You’re not wrong, we’re all just so scared to believe just yet. Happy, but scared.

ADVERTISEMENT