ADVERTISEMENT

So Asterisk for this year or no?

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Jan 20, 2011
I gotta say no asterisk. I didn't think so going into the tourney, but we weren't sure if all the games would play. Yeah, VCU tough break for sure.

But Baylor dominated the #1 overall, crushed it Saturday also. Didn't get any crazy help or fluke officiating/injury assistance type of deal at any time in the tourney.

Seems like legit champ to me.

Thoughts?

Reactions: GE Nole and sgrooms
I don’t think so. I understood the argument for one but never fully bought into it. Had there been a lot of forfeits in the tournament then sure, but I think it played out about as well as any of us could have expected.

I don’t think so. I understood the argument for one but never fully bought into it. Had there been a lot of forfeits in the tournament then sure, but I think it played out about as well as any of us could have expected.

This is where I'm at with it

Didn't see much of Askew, gotta believe he improves next year. If not, will try to keep an eye on him when he transfers

....he must've looked much better in practice.

Cal looks around at the pandemic in August and thinks “I think they might cancel the season.” Turns to reporters and says “I like my team. We need to play. Covid is the only thing that can stop us.”

That’s my best explanation for his comments prior to the season versus the product he put on the floor.

Villanova, Arkansas, Houston, Gonzaga. That's a daunting gauntlet. And Baylor crushed it, especially in the Final Four. No asterisk for me. They have a legitimate case for being a top 5 team this century.

Nope Baylor is legit and dominant in this title run. If anything, they were actually robbed of a repeat since the last year's tournament was cancelled.

Reactions: GE Nole
Nope Baylor is legit and dominant in this title run. If anything, they were actually robbed of a repeat since the last year's tournament was cancelled.

You're making the assumption that a lot of guys on Baylor would return in 2021 if they won it all in 2020. Once UVA won in 2019, everyone bolted for the NBA. They had nothing left to prove at the college level.

Reactions: GE Nole
You're making the assumption that a lot of guys on Baylor would return in 2021 if they won it all in 2020. Once UVA won in 2019, everyone bolted for the NBA. They had nothing left to prove at the college level.

2007 Florida says hi.

Baylor and Gonzaga were the best teams all year and finished in the championship game with Baylor getting a dominating win.

I don't think there is an asterisk on Baylor. Hard to argue there was someone better than them. Who would it even be? Illinois? The team that lost by double digits to a mid major in the second round. Michigan? Lost to an 11 seed that they couldn't score on. Obviously they dominated undefeated Gonzaga. There might be an asterisk on other aspects of the season. It was a pretty weird year with how some teams played literally double the amount of games as other teams, but not one on the champ.

Giant asterisk, in fact this season just plain did not count. It's a pandemic, people are dying by the millions, should have never played the tournament. Classy coaches opted out.

Either you don't think Coach K is classy or your definition of "opted out" needs some work.

No asterisk! Every team was dealt the same hand. Inexperienced teams, sorry about your luck, including mine lol. Experienced player retention is important. You listening Cal?

ADVERTISEMENT