ADVERTISEMENT

So according to Lunardi, Nebraska is out........

SMC and Nebraska both had bad losses this week - to San Francisco and Illinois. The funny this is, San Francisco is actually rated higher than Illinois in the RPI.

SMC and Nebraska both had bad losses this week - to San Francisco and Illinois. The funny this is, San Francisco is actually rated higher than Illinois in the RPI.
I saw an interesting stat that the RPI has Big Ten teams much lower than any other metric (KenPom, Sagarin, etc) so I’m not surprised. MSU is top 4 in all the other metrics but RPI they are 15th. Weird

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Nebraska will have to win their first two games now in the BTT and have them be against the higher seeded teams,

Nebraska will have to win their first two games now in the BTT and have them be against the higher seeded teams,

Oddly enough, they now have the elusive QUAD 1 win since Michigan beat Ohio State and moved in the top 30.

But that loss to Illinois was terrible, and they played as poorly as they've played all season long.

Yep. RPI is so effing stupid.

One team in particular that I was looking at, is so important to multiple other teams and their RPI rankings; 15-12 Temple. Not a likely tournament team, but somehow is Top-40 in RPI.

They aren't even close to Top-40 in any other ranking;
- KenPom 87
- Sagarin 70
- Massey 76
- BPI 84

They are considered a Quadrant 1 or 2 win for the following teams:
- Villanova (2x)
- Cincinnati (2x)
- Houston (2x)
- Wichita State (1x)

6 of their 12 losses are to non-tournament teams (4 100+ RPI teams, including at home to Memphis and Tulane, as well as George Washington and La Salle).

They've played a difficult SOS, and have wins over:
- Auburn (neutral)
- Clemson (neutral)
- Wichita State (home)

Those are their only 3 wins of NCAAT teams. The next best W on their schedule is #78 South Carolina (14-13 overall, 5-9 in SEC). Houston, Temple, Wichita State, Xavier and Cincinnati are all seemingly intertwined, giving each other multiple "Quadrant 1 or 2" wins.

One team in particular that I was looking at, is so important to multiple other teams and their RPI rankings; 15-12 Temple. Not a likely tournament team, but somehow is Top-40 in RPI.

They aren't even close to Top-40 in any other ranking;
- KenPom 87
- Sagarin 70
- Massey 76
- BPI 84

They are considered a Quadrant 1 or 2 win for the following teams:
- Villanova (2x)
- Cincinnati (2x)
- Houston (2x)
- Wichita State (1x)

6 of their 12 losses are to non-tournament teams (4 100+ RPI teams, including at home to Memphis and Tulane, as well as George Washington and La Salle).

They've played a difficult SOS, and have wins over:
- Auburn (neutral)
- Clemson (neutral)
- Wichita State (home)

Those are their only 3 wins of NCAAT teams. The next best W on their schedule is #78 South Carolina (14-13 overall, 5-9 in SEC). Houston, Temple, Wichita State, Xavier and Cincinnati are all seemingly intertwined, giving each other multiple "Quadrant 1 or 2" wins.

Yep.

You've just described a successful House of Cards. There's a great breakdown of it in this article from 2016. Obviously it doesn't talk about the quadrants (since they didn't exist), but it mostly still applies.

https://www.tomahawknation.com/2016...sketball-bracketology-march-madness-acc-noles

Oddly enough, they now have the elusive QUAD 1 win since Michigan beat Ohio State and moved in the top 30.

But that loss to Illinois was terrible, and they played as poorly as they've played all season long.
Sad thing is that they should've lost to Illinois twice. Might still get that chance in the BTT.

The NCAA comittee chair watched tonight's Nebraska game vs. Penn St. Maybe that helps Nebraska's cause. If the final two teams for one bid comes down to Nebraska at 22-10 and Syracuse at say 20-13 who gets it?

I think Nebraska gets in assuming UM doesn’t blow them out.

And I think PSU has a legit shot if they beat NW and OSU.

I think Nebraska gets in assuming UM doesn’t blow them out.

And I think PSU has a legit shot if they beat NW and OSU.

As an osu fan, I hated seeing psu as a possible opponent early in the b10 tourney. We not sure a loss would hurt our seed much but that just seems like a terrible matchup. Would hate to lose to a team three times

ADVERTISEMENT