ADVERTISEMENT

Silvio Appeal

HVAC-Meme-4-4.jpg

I pray grimes stays in or transfers

Hampton is 2x the player and pro ready NOW
Its an interesting situation for sure. He showed potential in 2 or 3 good games, but didn't look like a div1 starter most nights. Rumors were he envisioned himself playing more on the ball---but nothing suggested he would have been a fraction of the PG dotson was/is. If DD comes back as expected--there isn't a snowballs chance in hell he unseats DD for primary ball handling duties and Hampton would logically be a 2 guard.

Im worried Grimes coming back will affect Hamptons decision. Hampton seems all in on KU otherwise

There’s close to 0% chance he’s back.

I think Hampton will either play at KU or Australia. There’s a rumor that the Sydney Kings offered him a mil and UA is trying to push him there.

Its an interesting situation for sure. He showed potential in 2 or 3 good games, but didn't look like a div1 starter most nights. Rumors were he envisioned himself playing more on the ball---but nothing suggested he would have been a fraction of the PG dotson was/is. If DD comes back as expected--there isn't a snowballs chance in hell he unseats DD for primary ball handling duties and Hampton would logically be a 2 guard.

Reading between the lines I think it’s clear that Grimes was a cancer to an extent. He wanted the ball in his hands and pouted when things didn’t go his way. I’m glad he won’t be back.

Reading between the lines I think it’s clear that Grimes was a cancer to an extent. He wanted the ball in his hands and pouted when things didn’t go his way. I’m glad he won’t be back.
His options are stay and work his way up thru the G league, come back and play the same position he had last season and hope he didn't alienate his teammates and coaches to an extent wear it affects chemistry, or withdrawal from the draft and transfer---effectively having to play 3 years when it sure seems like he didn't even want to play one. Im usually all for guys coming back---esp when they have so much potential----Grimes just seems like an odd case.

The guy should have missed some games....but 2 full seasons seemed oddly excessive.

My thoughts as well. You don’t wipe out a kid’s future for his mom taking 2300 some odd dollars that he didn’t even know about.

That’s coming from a Tech fan that has to see him play against my school twice next year. There simply has to be some level of common sense on stuff like this.

This was the key to the offseason for KU, IMO. They can't play McCormack at the 4 next to Udoka, and being stuck with Lightfoot, Garrett and/or freshman Enaruna would have been a disaster.

I've heard that Silvio is far more skilled offensively than when he last saw game minutes. Much better handles and face-up game.

This was the key to the offseason for KU, IMO. They can't play McCormack at the 4 next to Udoka, and being stuck with Lightfoot, Garrett and freshman Enaruna would have been a disaster.

I've heard that Silvio is far more skilled offensively than when he last saw game minutes. Much better handles and face-up game.

This gives us the depth we needed badly and can run our true high-low again with a true 4/5 front court that wins championships .

My thoughts as well. You don’t wipe out a kid’s future for his mom taking 2300 some odd dollars that he didn’t even know about.

That’s coming from a Tech fan that has to see him play against my school twice next year. There simply has to be some level of common sense on stuff like this.

There was allegedly a $20,000 payment in the works that never happened because of the timing of the FBI probe, and I believe the NCAA factored that in.

There was allegedly a $20,000 payment in the works that never happened because of the timing of the FBI probe, and I believe the NCAA factored that in.

That’s where I’ve been confused on this. So he never got the $20,000? I thought that he (or his guardian) received the money from a booster to go to Maryland and that he was needing the money to repay the booster. Or was it that he was promised $20,000 to go to Maryland and requested a match to instead go to KU? I guess I was never clear on the details.

That’s where I’ve been confused on this. So he never got the $20,000? I thought that he (or his guardian) received the money from a booster to go to Maryland and that he was needing the money to repay the booster. Or was it that he was promised $20,000 to go to Maryland and requested a match to instead go to KU? I guess I was never clear on the details.

I think the details are still murky...I just know that Gassnola offered to pay his guardian $20k but never paid it out. Likely because the investigations were underway.

Yeah, I heard that but nobody ever provided any sort of proof at all. It seemed really odd that came out after all the backlash about the suspension. Seemed like a lot of NCAA covering their ass to me. Even if it was 100% true, the payment was never made. I could want to give RJ Hampton 100k to come to Tech, but if I don’t ever follow through it’s all moot.

I say, let the kid play and have a shot at a better life. I’d rather see KU firing on all cylinders than worry about them firing Self and going after Beard. Plus, it’s good for the conference as a whole.

Scam Newton got $250,000 and never sat a game. Kids can't control their parents or uncles.

Scam Newton got $250,000 and never sat a game. Kids can't control their parents or uncles.

And yet fans and radio personalities like Kietzman are screaming about the injustice of the penalty being reduced to a year. Laughing They probably accepted less than 90% of the top recruits. Granted, there may have been another 20 grand in the works. Still peanuts compared to many.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT