ADVERTISEMENT

SI’s Top 10 Games to Circle

Fga3YTgXgAAQemg

giphy.gif

Michigan St. vs Kentucky doesn't get any love.

Why does Duke seem noticeably underrepresented among the bluebloods?
They’ve got a ton of great games scheduled that aren’t on here, but they’re being oppressed by big media. That is my guess, unless there’s a more obvious reason.

The schedule sucks

I think Tennessee vs texas will be a huge game and should be in the upper half of that stupid list.

They’ve got a ton of great games scheduled that aren’t on here, but they’re being oppressed by big media. That is my guess, unless there’s a more obvious reason.

The schedule sucks
Duke is a product of ESPN and big media.

Prior to ESPN Duke was not much. ESPN pushed them and it worked. Dickie V. sung their praises for 4 decades and they shined. Then ESPN hired all the talking faces and made sure most were from the ACC and many from Duke. It worked.

So for the most part the ACC today is a product of big media.

I can't think of a Kentucky person doing games on any platform. Even the SEC Network is devoid of UK connections. Am I wrong? Am I forgetting someone?

Duke is a product of ESPN and big media.

Prior to ESPN Duke was not much. ESPN pushed them and it worked. Dickie V. sung their praises for 4 decades and they shined. Then ESPN hired all the talking faces and made sure most were from the ACC and many from Duke. It worked.

So for the most part the ACC today is a product of big media.

I can't think of a Kentucky person doing games on any platform. Even the SEC Network is devoid of UK connections. Am I wrong? Am I forgetting someone?
Okay

Did I lie?

I used to date a UNC girl. We planned on going to a UNC game and could not get in, so we went over to Duke and walked in with cheap tickets. That was in 1965, a year after Duke went to the final four two straight years and still there was little interest in Duke basketball.

Sorry if the truth hurts, but in the 60's, 70's a Duke ticket was easy to get.

Did I lie?

I used to date a UNC girl. We planned on going to a UNC game and could not get in, so we went over to Duke and walked in with cheap tickets. That was in 1965, a year after Duke went to the final four two straight years and still there was little interest in Duke basketball.

Sorry if the truth hurts, but in the 60's, 70's a Duke ticket was easy to get.
The original post was sarcasm…

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT