ADVERTISEMENT

Should the "Dance" expand from 68 teams?

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Sankey (SEC) thinks it should. I think it is watered down enough. What are your thoughts?

Well, some teams can only hang regular season banners. Gotta have something hanging in the empty gyms.

No. If you're going to invite virtually every team what's the point of the regular season?
Totally agree, right now the conference tourneys have no effect on seeding. It's decided before the final games. Also, there is an air of anticipation as teams battle on the bubble and that would go away if everyone were admitted.

Football sure, basketball, I think we have enough. Sure some upsets would happen but I think 68 is enough teams.

I'm thinking 8-12 on football.

Reactions: englandnu
Football sure, basketball, I think we have enough. Sure some upsets would happen but I think 68 is enough teams.

I'm thinking 8-12 on football.
Lurker,

I mean this in the sweetest way I can say it. This is a CBB board and the discussion is about CBB. Furthermore, as a UK fan do you really feel qualified to discuss CFB playoffs? Of course not silly. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Lurker,

I mean this in the sweetest way I can say it. This is a CBB board and the discussion is about CBB. Furthermore, as a UK fan do you really feel qualified to discuss CFB playoffs? Of course not silly. 😊
Congrats this stuck with me. I let a lot go due to not wanting to get into it perse. I've thought of half a dozen ways to respond to, but why bother. Well done.

My memory sucks on how I hold on to things. I'd prefer to not be this way.
We are all different Lurker and none of us are perfect. Your only job is to be you as my only job is to be me.
In that way we are able to muddle through life simpler.

We are all different Lurker and none of us are perfect. Your only job is to be you as my only job is to be me.
In that way we are able to muddle through life simpler.
Is there time limits on what we remember?

I don't remember the 50/60's, but sure remember the 70's 80's 90's etc.

Is there time limits on what we remember?
No, I remember just about everything. It was one of the reason I did well in school. So, it can be a blessing and a curse.

However, I think the ways in which we receive things is more critical than just the memory of the things themselves. It is important to catch information and determine intent, the source and the information itself before we make a conscious decision to take it to heart.

You're pretty cocky after getting drilled in the open round by a mid minor with the name of peter. 😆
Hey now, that's a storied program. They have the same amount of Elite 8 appearances as Tennessee, and theirs was more recent. ;)

Reactions: della
Barnes may own UK on the court, but UK fans own UT fans off it.
You’re the first UK fan I’ve ever gotten to admit that. My work is done here.SmokinSmile

Regarding your fan comment, y’all must be a second half team cause you’re getting crushed in the first half. Good luck

Sankey is a massive loser. You can't believe anything that dude says. He will lie and claim it is about the students when it's always just about money. It should not expand. He will ruin it if he has his way though.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Sankey is a massive loser. You can't believe anything that dude says. He will lie and claim it is about the students when it's always just about money. It should not expand. He will ruin it if he has his way though.
Seems like Sankey has at least one UNC fan still to win over.

He probably still cries himself to sleep at night over getting his *** smacked around a few years ago.
I'm not familiar with what you're talking about?

No expansion, imo no teams capable of beating a high seed that is not in the 68 don't exist.If it is expanded it will only include teams everyone knows that don't have a chance to advance.
Football is the same.

ADVERTISEMENT