ADVERTISEMENT

Should Seniors be Given Another Year of Eligibility?

Only for the Spring sports that got cancelled. Lacrosse, Golf, Softball, Tennis.....
I'm a little mixed even as it comes to college baseball. A lot of teams have already played upwards of a dozen games. The seniors that were tweeners to get drafted by MLB might benefit from getting that extra year. The juniors who are the meat and potatoes of the MLB draft this year can choose to come back anyway.
I think the NCAA should allow college baseball players the option to enter the draft (current Jrs and Srs only) and choose to come back to school for another year if they don't like where or if they get drafted.

I don't think there are any other college sports that losing this season affects their ability to go pro.

Golf? College golfers below the senior level can go or stay anyway. Let the seniors come back for another year if they want and get another year on scholia.….which BTW is not a ton of guys. Only the top programs give out more than a handful of full ride scholies for golf anyway.

Same for the non-revenue sports. Lots of partials in there.

no extra year should be granted

they are students first, athletes second
if you do not believe me, just ask Mark Emmert

They would only get to use the extra year if they were eligible and pursuing an undergrad or graduate degree. If anything, the extra year of scholarship helps that pursuit.

ADVERTISEMENT