ADVERTISEMENT

Should PJ Washington shut it down till the NBA Draft?

bignish

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2016
Team
Duke
He's a lottery pick per the latest Draft Express Big Board and he's in a walking boot with a sprained foot.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/3/2...-calipari-uk-basketball-wildcats-ncaa-tourney

It looks like the MRI came back clean which is great but should he risk any further aggravation if there's any doubt about the stability of his foot?

I'd be interested to see what people's thoughts are of this post Zion.

Yes, UKs big 3 should shut it down. Their job is complete

Yep, made it all the way to the semifinals. Job well done.

tenor.gif

Hell no.

Why did Williamson come back?
Williamson was fully healed and clearly wasn't hurt. Also Zion would go #1 overall even if he were to get injured again and miss his NBA rookie year.

PJ Washington is in a hard cast and his draft stock is volatile.

You guys still have Herro and KJ though so you"ll be fine.

Zion, Barrett and Reddish should also shut it down

OP you try so hard to troll (you are not very good at it) you are starting to look very pathetic
I think all the healthy OADs should play.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried. I’m hoping he will be available after this game. We really don’t need him tonight. But after tonight..

Reactions: bignish
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried. I’m hoping he will be available after this game. We really don’t need him tonight. But after tonight..

It's not odd to put him in a hard cast for 2-3 days? If its one game, why not stick with the boot?

It's not odd to put him in a hard cast for 2-3 days? If its one game, why not stick with the boot?
Yea, I’m not gonna pretend to know what’s going on. UK always plays these things very privately. Like I said, just hope it’s precautionary and he will be ready to roll Saturday

Nope, he gone.
They're saying hes playing Saturday now, but word is he had a hard cast put on to keep the foot stationary to expedite healing of this minor sprain. Since we're playing ACU and should handle them without him, thats the play.

Cal said yesterday he was playing tonight, and now all this. I'll believe he plays Saturday when I see it. Not buying the 2 day hard cast story.

I do hope that the UK fans who said they thought K was being selfish if Williamson played are consistent with this one.

Reactions: sgrooms
I do hope that the UK fans who said they thought K was being selfish if Williamson played are consistent with this one.

Eyeroll You're smart enough to know that if you weren't trying to slander all UK fans by referencing the posts of a couple, you'd just say "posters" or "fans" rather than "UK fans."

So I do hope that the Duke fans that commit the group attribution error are consistent in accepting that they will be painted by the actions of the most ridiculous of Duke fans.

Reactions: CB3UK
“First of all, the option was a boot or the cast. The cast would speed up the healing so we said put the cast on. Whether they’ll take it off tomorrow to check, I don’t know. If they don’t, he won’t play Saturday and they’ll probably try to take it off Tuesday or Wednesday of next week to see how his foot feels. Everything was negative as far as the X-Rays, but they just want — it was a sprained foot so they just want to keep it calm. That’s what it is.”

Reactions: BourbonBalz
I suspect, and this is just a gut feeling really, that pj’s dad wanted him to shut it down and Cal is just trying to cover for them.

I don’t blame them. PJ’s improved his stock a great deal but he can’t get away with missing the combine and team workouts. And unfortunately for us that has to take priority. He’s got a career to think about.

“First of all, the option was a boot or the cast. The cast would speed up the healing so we said put the cast on. Whether they’ll take it off tomorrow to check, I don’t know. If they don’t, he won’t play Saturday and they’ll probably try to take it off Tuesday or Wednesday of next week to see how his foot feels. Everything was negative as far as the X-Rays, but they just want — it was a sprained foot so they just want to keep it calm. That’s what it is.”

This was after the game. Before the game it was he's most likely playing Saturday. It seriously changed for the worse every 12 hours.

UK fans who said they thought K was being selfish if Williamson played.

Why would I bother with that? I don’t remember who was advocating that Zion not play again, and I definitely don’t care enough to comb back through weeks and weeks of posts to find out who. It was a sentiment shared by a number of people. Obviously you remember that, right? I made a pretty specific statement about it, one that I would bet you probably, in the end, agree with: basically, “People better not be hypocritical about this now that the situation impacts them.”

Eyeroll You're smart enough to know that if you weren't trying to slander all UK fans by referencing the posts of a couple, you'd just say "posters" or "fans" rather than "UK fans."

So I do hope that the Duke fans that commit the group attribution error are consistent in accepting that they will be painted by the actions of the most ridiculous of Duke fans.

Uh, that doesn’t make sense at all. A UK player got hurt. Why would UNC fans, for example, suddenly change their opinion on Zion because a UK guy got hurt? UK fans are now in a similar situation to that in which Duke fans found themselves, so I referenced them.

And I was VERY specific: UK fans who said Zion should shut it down. That’s as specific as can be, and was deliberately so. If I had meant all UK fans, I would have said “UK fans.” And I wouldn’t have said that, because there were plenty of UK fans who said that if a guy is healthy, he should play.

I am generally super careful when i write something. I meant exactly what I said. If you are a UK fan who was saying Zion should shut it down, I expect you to be saying the same thing about PJ, or else you are coming off as a hypocrite. If you are a UK fan who thought Zion should play if he is healthy, great, you probably will believe PJ should play if he is healthy.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

Cal looking past Wofford?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT