ADVERTISEMENT

Shaka Smart

We will see.

Maybe he will awake from the Dead.

How bad does he want to keep the job. It looks like the players no longer care.

he has never won anything. Anything. Never won the league at VCU. He had one tournament run and beat Kansas. I’m not mad at him for cashing in but Texans ran Barnes off for that?

desire and capability are 2 different things.

Reactions: GE Nole
Shocking that people either don't understand when that happens or just don't want to acknowledge it. When one team takes 30 shots from 3 and the other takes half that amount, the fouls and FT attempts usually aren't going to be even. Also, when a team feeds the ball inside all the time they're going to get a lot more shooting fouls, obviously. I always laugh when people list FT disparity like it's proof of biased officiating or something. Much more often than not, it's due to different styles of play. Not to mention WVU had 28 more rebounds and 17 more FG attempts than Texas....

We had 20 more FTs than Michigan the other night. They shot and made a lot of 3s, while we pounded the ball inside to Garza and Kriener. UM didn't attack the rim because they were shooting so well.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
giphy.gif

Well you have WVU that keeps taking it inside and Texas keeps settling for threes. It tends to look lopsided when that happens.

I was just playing the typical role of WVU fan.

Interesting that this logic doesn't apply when your team's on the other side of it.

I'll complain about specific calls or when it's being called too tight in general vs most of the games I've watched this year. Puts a physical team like us at a disadvantage. Lately I've been surprised that they will call the other teams big men for displacing Oscar or Culver in the post by a few inches. Hard to see even if it takes a Herculean effort

I'll complain about specific calls or when it's being called too tight in general vs most of the games I've watched this year. Puts a physical team like us at a disadvantage. Lately I've been surprised that they will call the other teams big men for displacing Oscar or Culver in the post by a few inches. Hard to see even if it takes a Herculean effort

Several WV fans STILL talk about the AFH game from years ago. KU fans pointed out that WV settled for threes all night while KU drove inside consistently. Didn't fly.

Already this season, WV has had multiple games with big disparities at home. One was a very similar number to that game in AFH. And of course the explanation is "WVU keeps taking it inside and Texas keeps settling for threes." Too funny.

Several WV fans STILL talk about the AFH game from years ago. KU fans pointed out that WV settled for threes all night while KU drove inside consistently. Didn't fly.

Already this season, WV has had multiple games with big disparities at home. One was a very similar number to that game in AFH. And of course the explanation is "WVU keeps taking it inside and Texas keeps settling for threes." Too funny.
Right it makes for a nice headline. Our team is built to get the line this year at will. Unfortunately only 64% from the stripe. Gross.

Our home whistle is probably unmatched

TJ Ford-
ford
·
18h

It’s very disappointing and disheartening to watch the direction Texas Longhorn has now taken. I’ve never witnessed a blowout of this magnitude in BIG12 play like tonight.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
How hopeful are Texas fans that they'll get Beard? Had a friend tell me 30%. The arrogance in Austin is hilarious. Wish I could read Orangebloods purely for the entertainment.

But, Thunder are projected to make the playoffs, so Donovan is prob safe..

I wouldn't be 100% sure of either thing yet.

Lots of teams let their coaches go after tbe playoffs.
There hasn't been any negotiation between his agent and OKC. I don't think a first round exit will be enough leverage.

UNC is a bigger threat.
Roy Williams could step down after this year

Texas is going to position themselves to be in a good position when their new arena opens.
The Moody Foundation donated a bunch of money for a new practice facility and most likely for a new coach.

Would also prob have to make Donovan the highest paid coach, but it's UT or UNC, so they have the funding...

Seriously, can't think of a Terp player getting better year to year under Turge...

We will see what happens. It is all speculation.

But right now OKC and Donovan are at a dead end.
I guess a deep run can save them but I think there is more of a chance they don't make the playoffs than a deep run

To be fair, West is loaded with both LA teams, Nuggets and Jazz...

I think it's more about the timing of a playoff run for me (Donavon). Would Texas wait that long to make a move?

Might not make it out of Morgantown with a job.

Texas is so poorly coached.
He wasted so much talent.

For the life of me I don’t know why any big man would play for him. He does not know how to utilize big men.

Sims could be utilized so much better with a better coach...literally any coach.

Reactions: doogie503
He wasted so much talent.

For the life of me I don’t know why any big man would play for him. He does not know how to utilize big men.

Sims could be utilized so much better with a better coach...literally any coach.

They still go to the NBA no matter what.
NBA for the majority of high school recruits is the #1 importance

Sims is actually the only player that showed any heart the last few games.

They still go to the NBA no matter what.
NBA for the majority of high school recruits is the #1 importance

Sims is actually the only player that showed any heart the last few games.
He is good. But Shaka sets up very little for him. He gets his points off of put backs and broken plays.

And while these guys do get to the NBA, they might get there quicker or with a better draft spot if they were better utilized.

He is good. But Shaka sets up very little for him. He gets his points off of put backs and broken plays.

And while these guys do get to the NBA, they might get there quicker or with a better draft spot if they were better utilized.

NBA game has changed.
Losing Berry who worked with the bigs didn't help but for the most part he used his bigs in a way that they will be used in the NBA.

Not too much back to basket in the NBA anymore.

Might not make it out of Morgantown with a job.

Texas is so poorly coached.
Use to be a big fan of Shaka, but he seems to have left his brain back at VCU. Would love to know what he said to his troops at halftime vs WVU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT