ADVERTISEMENT

Shaka Smart

I hate so much that he is the coach at Texas only because KU shot 2-21 from three that day. I’ll never get over that loss.

I know. The Big 12 is always the biggest shit show come March

What is it with Iowa fans talking about march? Your team hasn't been out of the 2nd round since 1999.

Your current coach has never even been to a sweet 16 in 30+ years of coaching.

If your team hasn't seen the 2nd weekend of the ncaa tourney this millennium, you probably shouldnt talk shit.

What is it with Iowa fans talking about march? Your team hasn't been out of the 2nd round since 1999.

Your current coach has never even been to a sweet 16 in 30+ years of coaching.

If your team hasn't seen the 2nd weekend of the ncaa tourney this millennium, you probably shouldnt talk shit.

Your league is still trash.

In fairness to Texas, everyone wanted this guy when they got him. He was the “it” coach not just on the heels of his miracle run, but in the following years as well where he kept VCU at or near the top of its league with a catchy nickname for their playing style.

Not sure why it’s not translating to Texas, atleast in a way that they would be maintaining the median level of success he had at VCU (first weekend NCAAT team), all I know is it’s just not working. Changing of the guard is needed for both parties, Shaka can go back to a midmajor and Texas can try their luck elsewhere.

I’m fairness to Texas, everyone wanted this guy when they got him. He was the “it” coach not just on the heels of his miracle run, but in the following years as well where he kept VCU at or near the top of its league with a catchy nickname for their playing style.

Not sure why it’s not translating to Texas, atleast in a way that they would be maintaining the median level of success he had at VCU (first weekend NCAAT team), all I know is it’s just not working. Changing of the guard is needed for both parties, Shaka can go back to a midmajor and Texas can try their luck elsewhere.

IL wanted him pretty bad. They are way better off without him.

In fairness to Texas, everyone wanted this guy when they got him. He was the “it” coach not just on the heels of his miracle run, but in the following years as well where he kept VCU at or near the top of its league with a catchy nickname for their playing style.

Other than his one fluke run, he did nothing at VCU that Anthony Grant, Will Wade, and others haven’t done. There were plenty on here who said it was gonna be a bust of a hire.

And many of us have been saying for 3 years that he’s terrible and Texas needs to fire him if they want to compete for real.

Where you at @SheriffBufordTJustice?

Other than his one fluke run, he did nothing at VCU that Anthony Grant, Will Wade, and others haven’t done. There were plenty on here who said it was gonna be a bust of a hire.

And many of us have been saying for 3 years that he’s terrible and Texas needs to fire him if they want to compete for real.

Where you at @SheriffBufordTJustice?

We are sabotaging our program right now

None of those players care

We have been telling you this for years, Buford. What changed this year that you now see it?

That we are sabotaging our program.
That is recently.

Most saw that this team this year has taken a step back instead of forward.
Pretty much was the kiss of death for Smart.

Now I doubt any of the players will play for him because there is a very strong chance that he is gone.

We will see.

Maybe he will awake from the Dead.

How bad does he want to keep the job. It looks like the players no longer care.

It doesn’t matter how bad he wants it. The dude can’t coach. We have been telling you this for years. He had one fluke run in an era when college basketball allowed a lot more clutching and grabbing by his “havoc” D.

It doesn’t matter how bad he wants it. The dude can’t coach. We have been telling you this for years. He had one fluke run in an era when college basketball allowed a lot more clutching and grabbing by his “havoc” D.

Wonder if Gregg Marshall would still walk to Austin for the job.

He isn't a terrible coach but I think he even knew his name was much bigger than his worth.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Well you have WVU that keeps taking it inside and Texas keeps settling for threes. It tends to look lopsided when that happens.
Shocking that people either don't understand when that happens or just don't want to acknowledge why it happens. When one team takes 30 shots from 3 and the other takes half that amount, the fouls and FT attempts usually aren't going to be even. Also, when a team feeds the ball inside all the time they're going to get a lot more shooting fouls before they're in the bonus, obviously. I always laugh when people list FT disparity like it's proof of biased officiating or something. Much more often than not, it's due to different styles of play. Not to mention WVU had 28 more rebounds and 17 more FG attempts than Texas....

ADVERTISEMENT