ADVERTISEMENT

Shaka gets it

Not just a home run hire but a grand slam IMO. As much as Marshall would have been great also, I think Shaka was the right choice and best fit for Texas right now. This video is proof.

Shaka's message
BleakShadyBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

So expectations in the NBA, even if it is the Cavs, are lower than Michigan/Texas? No way

I’m talking a very specific type of recruiting expectations. He’s not a fan of AAU or the fact that you pretty much have to get in the mud if you are going to recruit top 75 talent.

Well Patterson has made to great hires, the football team wasn't going to turn around in one season after Strong got there but it's on its way and once he finally gets his type of QB look out. And now with Smart the future is much brighter for Basketball. Now we have to figure out baseball, Augie is the best around but his time is coming to an end and now we dropped our 7th straight today. Now we need to find a good one with another cool S name...lol. but it's a good start with Smart and Strong....brains and brawn.
Dude, I was on the same boat. That shit sank faster and harder than the titanic.

The epicest of fails.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Will shaka win just enough to save his job?

gotta think Texas throws a ton of money at beilein

Kinda hope they get in make a deep run so this thread gets turned upside down. Does he still jump up and down on the sidelines a lot?

Playing a team in a similar situation on the road on Tuesday.

Texas/OU isn't just a rivarly but is pretty much a play in game for the NCAA Tournament

So that is the game that Shaka is going to have to earn it...
OU is just a tough team to defend because of Manek/Doolittle. They spread the floor and can score as well as any team in the Big 12.
Texas' issues with horrible offensive sets/turnovers might bite them in the ass

That is on him and the team.
But like most said on here Shaka cannot coach so there isn't a chance for him to save his job.
I just feel sorry for the programs he beats.

If sorry ass Shaka can beat you...
You may have a problem yourself.

No one ever said Texas didn’t have talent.

No one ever said Texas didn’t have talent.

It isn't talent why Texas has played a few great games...

We will find out because OU is in the same position and is at home.
Would definitely be the most impressive win so far for Shaka.

Going back to my first point...
Texas is winning because there are players on the floor who are willing to sacrifice individual stats for the team.

And just like that Shaka's job was preserved. Coleman hits a 3 at buzzer to knock off OU by 1. Looks like Texas will be in the tournament after all.

The ball was bouncing OUs way a lot. Seemed like a football game at times

Really need Donovan Williams back to play more three guard lineups.

Still the same issue with turnovers and horrible offensive sets.

But Kai Jones and Royce Hamm give Texas the ability to cover space when teams try to spread the floor.

Cunningham is a football player playing basketball.

Those players really like Shaka.
But I think his teams need to be on the edge.

The ball was bouncing OUs way a lot. Seemed like a football game at times

Really need Donovan Williams back to play more three guard lineups.

Still the same issue with turnovers and horrible offensive sets.

But Kai Jones and Royce Hamm give Texas the ability to cover space when teams try to spread the floor.

Cunningham is a football player playing basketball.

Those players really like Shaka.
But I think his teams need to be on the edge.

Why did it seem like they quit on him earlier in the year?

Losses by 40 to WV and 30 to Iowa State. Weird season.

Reactions: BrobaFapp
Shaka asked the team what they wanted to do before the TCU game.That TCU win was as impressive as any.
We have seen how TCU is playing but that team pretty much said they still wanted to play.

These other games. Truthfully think they are being used as fuel for the team.
Texas still has issues with bad offensive sets and turnovers.

Really shouldn't have won that game last night. OU came out in the second half and were playing as intense as a team I have seen all year.
This includes even Providence when they came out of the gutter.

Can't shoot 30% and expect to win games...
But right now...
Texas, OU, WVU, Tech and even TCU.
One of those teams are going to win the Big 12 Tournament.
I just think Doolittle is the most efficient offensive player on those teams.
Won't beat OU again playing like we did last night.

Shaka back to being Shaka

sadly Del Conte is a money guy and probably found his reason to save the 10 million when Shaka rode the 5 game winning streak. Very little faith he has the stones to do the right thing.

ADVERTISEMENT