ADVERTISEMENT

Sestina out 4 weeks

If you’re keeping track at home, here are all the injuries Kentucky has faced this year with only 10 scholarship players:

• Dontaie Allen — knee (still out)
  • Nick Richards — ankle
  • Ashton Hagans — leg
  • EJ Montgomery — ankle
  • Immanuel Quickley — chest

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
giphy.gif

If you’re keeping track at home, here are all the injuries Kentucky has faced this year with only 10 scholarship players:

• Nick Richards — ankle
  • Ashton Hagans — leg
  • EJ Montgomery — ankle

Ya hate to see it.

• Nick Richards — ankle
  • Ashton Hagans — leg
  • EJ Montgomery — ankle

Yeah, UNC has kind of been the same. Roy is basically playing 7 guys (and we know how Roy likes to play tons of guys early) and a couple of them wouldn't play at all on many past UNC teams. Would have been an interesting year for UNC and UK to play. Would have been one of the uglier games in their series probably, lol.

I feel bad for the kid because it’s his last year, and he’s trying to get as much exposure as he can to make a good living overseas.

But, this makes Brooks’ early development that much more important. I just don’t know if he’s physically ready yet. We’ll see.

Cal picked the wrong year to have a really thin roster.

And I picked the wrong year to quit sniffing glue.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Hate to hear any kid getting injured. Did it happen in practice or game? Not that it really matters.

Pretty much destined to return for the Louisville game and his wrist will probly have a “rookie of the year movie” type surgical miscue where he can’t miss and goes 10-10 from deep and drops 30 plus lol.

In all seriousness though, hurts at the moment of course, but more reps for Brooks, Whitney, even Montgomery could help them gain confidence and make UK even more dangerous come March.

Pretty crazy how uk has had a decent run of good luck regarding injuries in cals tenure sans noel and poythress, until the end of last year with Washington and Travis and now this year as mentioned above. Sorry if I missed anyone that got injured in the past ten years, or if me saying uk has had relatively good luck in regards to injuries since cal arrived gets anyone rustled I wasn’t meaning it like they are due or about time or nothin like that.

I dislike uk, they are our rivals, but I never enjoy or like to see anyone get injured regardless of team or sport. Just an unfortunate part of athletics. I can’t enjoy a win over anybody knowing they have several players not playing nvm of injury, I’m not gonna spill any milk over it, but It’s just much more satisfying beating a team at full strength.

Better to get em out of the way early than late tho I suppose, if they were destined to happen anyways. Butbyea super unlucky on the thin roster the one year where injuries have been such a problem for multiple players this early in the season. Hopefully for bbn Allen comes back soon, and ej if he’s still out. Quickly and Hagans are already back right?

Godspeed on ur recovery mr sestina

Last edited:
Reactions: RipThru
He has to hate this. He was coming in to his own. Very vocal on and off the court (seriously he's got dwight perry beat),

However, it's not that long.

Better now than during the grind of conference play

Maybe not the way the sec has looked. Jk of course just couldn’t resist. Maybe Florida can get the light to come on and I expect auburn to be really good as well. Then tenn as well. But I thought South Carolina would Be a helluva lot better than what they’ve shown as well as Alabama and UGA (even though ant Edwards is extremely talented).

I know it’s early and I’m sure I’m missing someone but outside of uk fla AU and UT who do y’all think is the next best team in the sec?

Maybe not the way the sec has looked. Jk of course just couldn’t resist. Maybe Florida can get the light to come on and I expect auburn to be really good as well. Then tenn as well. But I thought South Carolina would Be a helluva lot better than what they’ve shown as well as Alabama and UGA (even though ant Edwards is extremely talented).

I know it’s early and I’m sure I’m missing someone but outside of uk fla AU and UT who do y’all think is the next best team in the sec?
Arkansas.

I read he was blocked and injured his wrist during practice. It's not Bucknell anymore.

Damn that sucks. I remember during pitinos years we would have literally 3-4 players miss games from getting concussions in practice, to the point some started wearing these “helmet” things during practice. Not like a football helmet but like if untook the inside of a football helmet, all thenpads and stuff, and made a helmet outta that, with not hard exterior.

Had us as fans all wondering how dayum hard are they going in practice my goodness.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yea def forgot about arky. Lost some respect for them needing a prayer banked three to beat gtech but no one plays great every single game. they should be a tourney team come March imo

Not to familiar on how miss st has played this year, They still have the twins? I know they lost the kid from Kentucky holdman or something. First name was aric. I remember wishing we had showed him more interest over Zach price, or akoy agau, or Matz stockman and the list goes on, but whatever not like I get any say in it lol.

Reggie perry play for miss st? He’s a stud

Driving to Winchester Ky this morning. A guy on KSR said he was out till March.
4 weeks sounds pretty quick for a broken wrist

Kentucky’s defense just improved x10
Yeah, I really.like Nate, but so far he hasn't been hitting threes like people said he would and he has more blow by's than Dick Trickle (Nascar fans will get this).
He takes "bodying up" to a whole new level. It's a technique called "crashing into the guy with the ball". LOL.
But I know he would have eventually figured it out and would end up being an important piece.
He had surgery today and apparently the surgeons think he's be back.in three weeks.

I read he was blocked and injured his wrist during practice. It's not Bucknell anymore.
Yeah, it sounds like he went up for a block and when he came down, he fell backwards and caught himself in a funny way with that hand/wrist.
Hopefully we get him back in 3 weeks.

Kentucky’s defense just improved x10

Haha. Yeah, I thought about that when I said I liked him. I really do on offense. He has been pretty bad on defense at times when I've seen them though .

It is a big loss from perspective we have 2 bigs now. Both of who have been hurt this year already. If this means Brooks and Whitney play more at the 4 though it might work out for the best.

ADVERTISEMENT